ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn

I don't know about this corded model, but I have the cordless one from B&D which looks similar and probably has the same blade and maybe the same motor. It's better than I thought it would be and has cut everything I wanted to cut with it and more that I thought it wouldn't be able to handle.

But who needs TWO?

jasonking0351

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jasonking0351

Here is a quick safety video featuring this product. However the instructor does not cover the proper technique for two trimmers at the same time.

avall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avall

I have problems not hurting myself by cutting myself or electrocuting myself (by cutting the cord) with one of those puppies. Imagine having to control two of them and worrying about two powercords?!?! Yikes!

I can see it now on the emergency room boards...

"Man vs two hedgetrimmers" instead of the classic "Man vs hedgetrimmer"

Maybe I can get cut AND electrocuted!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sdc100 wrote:Since very few households need two trimmers, I certainly hope that the two trimmers are packaged separately so that you can give one as a gift. That's not always the case, however, since some twofers are prepackaged deals from the factory.

Good thing we provided a nifty picture of the packaging so you don't have to worry about this!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rvocke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvocke

A perfect addition to my zombie bug out bag...

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

I have one of these and I have to say it is a great trimmer. I think I paid this for one. Great deal here for two and you can use the other one for a Halloween costume prop!

sakupiec

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sakupiec
danthol wrote:I'm sorry...Two? Really? Explain the logic.

Perfect for "Xtreme Fencing" no wussy little sabers or Épées!

wire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wire

Two cause with carp you need two.

pturner3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3
danthol wrote:I'm sorry...Two? Really? Explain the logic.

Shoes and gloves come in pairs. It's Tuesday. One for each hand. Perhaps you need a little sleep.

lildetroitmama

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lildetroitmama
pik wrote:Two hands, two trimmers.... Makes perfect sense to me.....

love it.

jasonking0351

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jasonking0351

One for the shrubs...another to take on the 'Beiber Hair'-styled tweens at the mall. Two great uses!

carolinafern

quality posts: 3 Private Messages carolinafern

We have one of these and its pretty great as far as hedge trimmers go. They are zip right through extension cord sized branches. Even more efficient if the "branches" really are extension cords, so I'm wishing they came with a 4-pack of cords.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Two, so that after you cut the cord, you can finish the job.
Don't want to have a half cut hedge.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kurtmeister

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kurtmeister

You need two because the first one will overheat and lock up. This tool is a waste of money. I bought one of these and now it's sitting disassembled in my workshop.

crazypieguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazypieguy

Can I dualweild these, or is there a safety feature requiring me to use two hands?

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
KyserSoze wrote:2...So you can have a hedge trimmer dual?

If you get these, you'll have a hedge trimmer dual. (Package.)

If you and a buddy, (or 2 buddies) fight with these, THEN you will have a DUEL.

Dual=2.

Duel=fight.

steve

glazedfaith

quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith
crazypieguy wrote:Can I dualweild these, or is there a safety feature requiring me to use two hands?

Nope, this one's safety switch is on one handle, and can even be locked on. Careful

lildetroitmama

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lildetroitmama
glazedfaith wrote: Nothing looks worse than a half-trimmed bush.

........*chuckle*........

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

Why two? Because inadvertently your neighbor would want to borrow one while you're using one too.

talanisen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talanisen

I'm having a really hard time imagining the sort of person who needs two hedge trimmers AND shops on a daily deal site.
On the other hand, I can easily imagine the YouTube videos this deal could spawn...

WoodyTX

quality posts: 5 Private Messages WoodyTX

The perfect weapons for the dual-wielding ranger of the zombocalypse!

I'm not keeping track of my Woots, but they average more than one a month, starting with the InFocus 4805 Projector on 06/30/05.

abatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages abatt
skou wrote:If you get these, you'll have a hedge trimmer dual. (Package.)

If you and a buddy, (or 2 buddies) fight with these, THEN you will have a DUEL.

Dual=2.

Duel=fight.

steve

Buy 3. Buy 3 now.

Then have a battle.

MetilHed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MetilHed

If Zombies can laugh, they'll laugh at these . ..

enerbunny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enerbunny

Well, I'm in for a set of these. I have about 350 ft of hedge and a spare trimmer works for me. After I wear the first one out, I'll have the other. I have shorter B&D hedge trimmers and they cut well. The longer blade will shorten my trimming time.

spamhere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spamhere

Now you only need one more to put on a juggling act!

Regular Woots: 06
B O C: 06
Useful Items: 00

TSOG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TSOG

Woot! You found a winner! At least for the 9% that are resellers (that get 3 pairs!

dvaamco

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dvaamco

Is this to encourage cutting our loyalties to Ama-woot since the "real" W00T never would have done the stuff like this that we've seen lately?

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
ThunderThighs wrote:There's a holiday... around the corner... where people give gifts...

Granted, there's nothing that says "drunken office New Year's Eve party" like passing along a disease or two, and maybe a pregnancy, but what's that got to do with trimming bushes?

Oh wait ... no ... you don't mean that???

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

spamhere wrote:Now you only need one more to put on a juggling act!

Buy 3 and you'll have 6 hedge trimmers so you're all set for back ups.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sbogden

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbogden

My first thought is that you could go all Bruce Cambell with these on zombies but then I realized all you could do is an Edward Scissorhands haircut with them.

Scazy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Scazy

I bet Edward Trimmerhands is in for three.

So shall be me!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Sweet, now I can start that home landscaping company I always wanted. Or I can use one to carve my snow sculptures and when I ruin the motor from the water I can still have one for the spring.

Mrfloyd5933

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mrfloyd5933

Perfect wedding present! His and Hers Hedge Trimmers. Perfect for trimming the hedges or zombies.

fotobyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fotobyc

Reading these comments made me laugh out loud! Thanks for making my night...and I might even buy a pair!

bakerzdosen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bakerzdosen

I bought one of these (refurb - $25 shipped) about a month ago from B&D's eBay store. I've only used it once (because, well, things don't grow that fast this time of year) but it did the job as well as I would have hoped.

I too am not sure why in the world you'd want two of them unless you're wanting to give one as a Christmas gift and keep the other one...

For all those complaining about this being of no use because you live in an apartment: Our town home complex has a landscape company as well. I just got sick of them not trimming our hedges as often as we'd like (as in, we're lucky if it's once a year) so for $25 and 10 minutes of time it was worth the stress reduction to me to just be done with it. If you need something like this, just buy it. (And then give the 2nd one for Christmas.)

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

I schzophrenic.

And so am I.

Of course you need to two of these! Smart people always have a back hedge trimmer. I might be in for two, which is four, or three, which is six. Can never have to many of these you know!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I see a lot of people talking about zombies with these hedge trimmers. I used to think the chainsaw was the worst zombie weapon ever, but now that I see people suggesting this being used for zombie defense I will have to change my mind. Chainsaws are terrible because they run on gasoline are very loud. This 'weapon' would be even worse for several reasons:
A. It needs to be plugged in (if there even is power your distance is limited)
B. It's brightly colored
C. It's still very loud.
4. It wouldn't even be able to cut through bone.

I'm sure there are more reasons, but these are the first few that come up to mind. Your best bet would be picking up A baseball bat (or other blunt beating tool) and have your car outfitted with a pushbar. That way you could drive to costco which is the perfect zombie hideaway for several reasons:
1. Big Metal Doors
2. A lot of food
3. There is a Pharmacy
D. That great feeling that comes with being part of an exclusive members only club.

Anyways. I hope this could help.

TL;DR - These are no good on zombies

cricketfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cricketfan

I'll be all set for my interpretation of Edward Scissorhands next halloween. Although I guess cordless might be better....

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo
CowboyDann wrote:I see a lot of people talking about zombies with these hedge trimmers.

What??? Just because of a few billion zombies you're going to let your hedges go wild?

Civilization lost indeed. Barbarians.

I figure a few dozen untiring undead will provide plenty of electricity (harnessed via treadmills and generators) for all my landscaping needs. Silver lining for my electric trimmers.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh

I can see it now, Edward Hedge Trimmer Hands. I'm pretty sure he would show up good old Scissor Hands.