3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Roku XD 1080p Streaming Player
$49.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

kschuppener

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kschuppener

Very good streaming quality!

hippie19

quality posts: 21 Private Messages hippie19

"Comeon. I wasn't in a food coma, where is my reward?" - entitled consumerist American

GregoryLikesCheapStu

quality posts: 13 Private Messages GregoryLikesCheapStu

Does this have PacMan, or is that just the Roku 2? As far as I can tell that is the main difference for me.

wastedthelight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wastedthelight

Awesome units. Unlike Apple TV and Google TV (at least last I knew) They get Netflix AND Hulu both...along with TONS of other channels. Love both of mine.

Love me some Woot! Must make a family of screaming monkeys!

TheCubanDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheCubanDave

No TV for $10? Ah damn, maybe Monday.

jeffiekins

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jeffiekins

A friend of mine has one of these and LOVES it. They and their kids use it pretty much constantly, and it works just great.

I helped him set it up; it was pretty easy (except he had a weird network setup in his house we had to work around, and even so, it wasn't half as difficult as I expected).

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

Arthiefufkin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Arthiefufkin

Isn't the newer version, that isn't refurbished, only $30 more?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
wastedthelight wrote:Awesome units. Unlike Apple TV and Google TV (at least last I knew) They get Netflix AND Hulu both...along with TONS of other channels. Love both of mine.

Don't forget amazon streaming!

teamcoltra

quality posts: 8 Private Messages teamcoltra

Roku XD 1080p Streaming Player -- Normally would be 79.95 with free shipping (new) http://www.roku.com/roku-products

I was really hoping for a bag o' crap

madfrisbee

quality posts: 6 Private Messages madfrisbee

This is the previous version, but still a good streaming player. Feature comparison chart here.

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

I've been seeing so many ads and commercials for the Roku box these days. Thinking that I might have to take the plunge so that I can stream Netflix and Amazon video!!

outunderstars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages outunderstars
Arthiefufkin wrote:Isn't the newer version, that isn't refurbished, only $30 more?

$100 to get one with an Ethernet port.

This machine is totally worth the $50!

beachhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beachhead

awesome Black Friday item, and it's NOT a "home.woot" type item....Whew, I was about to lose my faith in woot....

TheFaz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheFaz

Do you need relevant subscriptions to said services or is it all free? I'm not sure what this is. I have a PS3 where I can stream netflix etc. Does this just do the same thing.....without the ability to play games?

mizzou0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mizzou0

Other than streaming what else can it play? Can it play vob files from DVD?

savagemount

quality posts: 1 Private Messages savagemount

to anyone wondering, those are not SD cards sticking out of the remote or the roku itself, they are cloth tabs...

Sierragolfcharly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sierragolfcharly
Arthiefufkin wrote:Isn't the newer version, that isn't refurbished, only $30 more?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Roku+XD+1080p+Streaming+Player&x=0&y=0

$79 for the Roku 2 XD new.
No shipping cost with prime, not sure without (im never logged out)

drez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drez

father in law has this model and it is pretty sweet.

aaronshall

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aaronshall

Instant Replay Remote for $1.99
Roku

jd3538

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jd3538

Interesting timing - the last refurb Roku I bought from Woot died this morning.

etradup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages etradup

About a month ago we dropped our satellite in favor of local broadcast feed and streaming content. Bought 2 Roku receivers and 2 antennae. Very happy with the decision and the money we now save is over $100/month. Lots of options for programming at a small fraction of cable (only a netflix and hulu+ subscription).

bmundt303

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bmundt303

With this Roku XD, Is there a way that I could stream from my computer an external hard drive downloaded content?

What about a black friday woot-off??

d5t

quality posts: 1 Private Messages d5t

Great deal if you prefer to hook up via Ethernet instead of wireless. The Roku 2 XS ($99) is the only current gen Roku that gives you the option of a Ethernet port on the device. No huge difference from the Roku XD and current Roku's, aside from the size difference and... Angry Birds...

planettom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages planettom

Roku is great, I love my Roku2 HD. Best stream box on the market. Lots' of channels to choose from, and more to come!

ttcarter

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ttcarter

Roku rocks! Best remote ever. Perfect gift for older folks and young kids because the remote is easy and only has a few, well-marked buttons.

CowboyDann

I purchased a Roku2 direct from their website a few months ago and I haven't looked back. Canceled my 60 dollar a month cable plan and now I have Netflix streaming and Hulu plus for <20 dollars a month...

(for the very few things I can't stream I...*ahem* acquire)

anyone else is saving a few hundos a year by switching to roku?

jaburg

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jaburg

I own it. I use it. I love it.
I recommend it.

Roughy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Roughy

I've got a version 1, original, and it's still rocking. Would have loved for this to be the most recent version with gaming on it, however.

Also: don't forget Plex. I've got the beta channel and pretty much stream anything from my Media Server (Mac Mini, running Plex Server) without a hitch.

I wish the Xbox would do as well.

JonPowell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JonPowell

I have this version, it is OK, but it seems to freeze up a lot on Hulu Plus and cannot stream all movies from Crackle.

Roku is having a Black Friday deal for just $79.99 for the Roku 2 (if you buy two).
Not a very good deal IMO.

CowboyDann

TheFaz wrote:Do you need relevant subscriptions to said services or is it all free? I'm not sure what this is. I have a PS3 where I can stream netflix etc. Does this just do the same thing.....without the ability to play games?

You do need to subscribe to the pay sites like netflix and amazon but they have plenty of free channels. They do provide plenty of free content. Some of my favorites are TEDTalks Crackle and the NASA/Space related programs.Here is a list of all channels available

NemoMac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NemoMac
bmundt303 wrote:With this Roku XD, Is there a way that I could stream from my computer an external hard drive downloaded content?

I was wondering about this too!

Also, it says it will play your iTunes music, but what about your (non-DRM) videos?

"When life hands you lemons, look around for a bottle of tequila and a shaker of salt!"

iheartapples

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iheartapples

is this any better than buying the $50 LT straight from roku now?

bryan1436

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bryan1436

Do these work as media center extenders?

outz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages outz

I had an original roku N1000 and it was sooooo sluggish when navigating menus. I'm hesitant since this one is also an older model.

Anyone know the real spec differences between this and the roku 2's?

This ones nice due to the fact it has an Ethernet port... The roku 2 with etho is currently $99

halukucar

quality posts: 3 Private Messages halukucar

Get a nettop and plug it in to your TV via HDMI and you have everything. Play all your video, music and picture archive from NAS and all of the streaming content out there plus an excellent browser, e-mail and productivity tools just like a real PC when you need it.

I have mine plugged into my 47" TV at 1080P resolution.

JonPowell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JonPowell

Roku private channels.
http://streamfree.tv/apps/roku-private-channels/all/

Vegan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vegan

Damn. It's HDMI or composite; no component. My old TV is getting turned into The Bedroom TV and it pre-dates HDMI. Would have been nice to have a way to get our Netflix etc. in there.

andreanugget

quality posts: 2 Private Messages andreanugget

Bought a Roku XD a year ago and haven't looked back. It is starting to crap out on me so I will likely upgrade in a month or so. Best purchase I've ever made, even with it only lasting a year. Cable bill was almost $100/mth, now I spend maybe $20/mth for the subscriptions.