+ Add a Comment

mpetersen22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpetersen22

If I order this, what are the chances that I receive it on or before December 7th?

inthelead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages inthelead
Ass Clown wrote:no USB? no HDMI? no SD card slot?!? iPass...

What droid tablet has any of these?

uncleguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages uncleguy
pmcm wrote:I don't believe it's thinner than the ipad2..,

Yes, it is.
By .2mm if you argue the point.
That equates to .0079 inches.

"The older a man gets, the more clearly he remembers things... that never really happened."

cjpowers

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cjpowers
mariod wrote:Woot-off will be next week. They'd want to get one in before the holiday.

Last Woot-offs:
Nov 8-9
Oct 11-12
Sept 13-14
Aug 16-17

Could be next week or the week after. My guess is next week (the latest), so they can get everything shipped before the holidays.

andygradel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andygradel

This just made my day!

I have been trying to decide between the Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet... seeing this made the decision easy. In for one! Whoo hoo!

sehammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehammer

Just bought this.. my first woot! Thanks everyone for your reviews and testimonies, helped me pull the trigger! Merry christmas to me.. now, anyone have any keyboard recommendations?

inthelead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages inthelead

Anyone know anything about new droid tablets coming out in next 6 months or so? Anything worth waiting for?

uncleguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages uncleguy
inthelead wrote:What droid tablet has any of these?

Toshiba Thrive, for one.

"The older a man gets, the more clearly he remembers things... that never really happened."

readrienne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages readrienne

My husband has been eyeing the Motorola Zoom, is this tablet pretty comparable?

rhemple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhemple
whtfrst wrote:I think I'll pick up a new 32gb for a few bucks more: http://www.vendio.com/stores/Compu-Tech/item/my-products/samsung-galaxy-32gb-tab-wi-fi-/lid=19209478

I tried to buy this one, but they want a western union money gram. Scared me, I cancelled. Bought the Woot instead.

sayya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sayya
mpetersen22 wrote:If I order this, what are the chances that I receive it on or before December 7th?

very likely

bouldergeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bouldergeek

I have had a few Android based phones over the last two years. Then, I bought an 8GB Archos A70 Internet Tablet with 2.1 and later 2.2. It will never go beyond 2.2 FroYo, and was a bit laggy. So, I just sold the Archos on E-bay, getting a pretty reasonable price for it.

A few months back, I got the Viewsonic 10.1 Android tablet here on Woot! I upgraded it to a rooted GingerBread ROM and enjoyed it. But, as the candidate said, it was "just too damn heavy." So, I flipped it to a coworker for what I paid here.

Then, I bought the Lenovo A1 7" tablet for $199 from BestBuy. But, the ship-to-store lead time was two weeks. So, I just bought this puppy and canceled the BestBuy order.

I figure, for $100 difference after taxes (vis a vis the Lenovo), this Samsung offers a probably better screen quality (after owning the Galaxy S phone), larger screen size at a decent weight, dual-core, cameras that will work well for Skype (if videoconference ever works well).

The prior ViewSonic 10.1" tablet I got from Woot! was a refurb, except for $50 less than this. There were no quality issues at all to distinguish it from new. Just more mass than I wanted to read while holding. I have every confidence that this will be a best-of-all-worlds great buy.

DaHarder

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DaHarder
hibliss wrote:Samsung makes nice devices.

Some clarifications. This will certainly not be the first tablet to get Ice Cream Sandwich. The Touchwiz UI that Android uses is a giant POS and is incompatible with every update.

I have played with this device, and would buy it even without easily expandable memory options or a USB port.....if it did not have touchwiz.

I waited ages on my Epic 4g for an update to Gingerbread, all because of Touchwiz. Same with all of Samsung's other handsets. Never again.

There's a huge difference between being 'the first' and 'one of the first'... which is exactly what I posted.

witchypooh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witchypooh

QVC as exact same one(even refurbished) for $479 + shipping of $12.22. I can't see how this could be a bad deal for most.

frloplady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frloplady
Ringo4422 wrote:We have 3 Samsung Galaxy IIS smart phones in our family and all use the heck out of them. We keep a charged spare battery around (purse, car console, etc.) all the time and have needed them often. It would be nice that if there were no place to charge this I could just plop a charged battery in.
You obviously either don't have a smart phone, or if you do it is being wasted on non use. Batteries run down when you use them.

The batteries on the tablet are amazingly long lived..unlike my galaxy phone!

cscohen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cscohen

I have never purchased from Woot. Does anyone know how refurbished a Woot refurbished item is and what warranty they give

frloplady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frloplady
readrienne wrote:My husband has been eyeing the Motorola Zoom, is this tablet pretty comparable?

do NOT get the lower xoom that only has the 528k memory (I think that is what it was). i bought it and returned it within 2 days. If you do any surfing on the net you will NOT like the speed of the xoom.

I have the 10" tablet and have been happy with it except the charge cord.

miikl1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages miikl1

I just thought it was cool that Woot gave props to Sealand (at least in an alternative universe). Google Sealand if you don't get it.

On the refurb side-- I still have stuff from 2007 that works fine (pc's, MP3's, etc). No bad experiences on refurb electronics from Woot.

On the tablet thing-- hmmm. Still debating. I want to download a movie or two when travelling... it just seems like a big Samsung Fascinate to me (which I have, and totally dig).

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
seamore2001 wrote:You're correct. But, I believe this does share the A-GPS chipset with its 4G brethren, since the only difference between the WiFi-only and the 3G/4G version of the device is the cellular radio. However, since the Tab offered by Woot doesn't have a cellular radio, the A-GPS capability isn't usable - only normal GPS.

Yeah ... I, uh ... drifted away from my point, I think. On behalf of other wooters, thanks for clarifying that!

turbobrian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turbobrian

this tablet is just ok, nothing special. Price isnt bad for a younger kid who will prob break it.

brian

Brian
Evo 8
http://www.dynotechtuning.com/

ylouderback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ylouderback

So do you need a Phone carrier or not with this tablet? Can it just connect with wifi? or router in my home?

miikl1

Aha! Sealand in Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealand

Tashlan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tashlan
ylouderback wrote:So do you need a Phone carrier or not with this tablet? Can it just connect with wifi? or router in my home?

You don't need a cell carrier. It will have no problems connecting to your home wifi or free wifi while you are out and about

Ass Clown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ass Clown

Asus eee Transformer (with dock - which makes it a netbook/laptop). Without dock, it has hdmi and SD card slot.

Acer Iconia has usb, hdmi and sd card slot.

No-Talent Ass Clown

micaelaanna

quality posts: 14 Private Messages micaelaanna

No SD card slot and no HDMI output area...these could be deal breakers, but I keep looking at it and considering it. Will it stream Netflix? I don't see why it would not if you are able to get internet...?

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
sehammer wrote:Just bought this.. my first woot! Thanks everyone for your reviews and testimonies, helped me pull the trigger! Merry christmas to me.. now, anyone have any keyboard recommendations?

Congratulations! Now you caught the disease and will be back for more stuff.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

micaelaanna

quality posts: 14 Private Messages micaelaanna

Woo hoo!! Went for one! $352.94 after tax and only $5 shipping

helosix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helosix

The Asus Eee Pad Transformer does:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-TF101-A1-10-1-Inch-Tablet-Separately/dp/B004U78J1G/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322587336&sr=1-3

miikl1

Does this do Adobe Flash?

visualfeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages visualfeast

I don't need this, I don't know why I just purchased! o_O

pharoah4187

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pharoah4187
cscohen wrote:I have never purchased from Woot. Does anyone know how refurbished a Woot refurbished item is and what warranty they give

Half. The warranty will vary though.

xsists

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xsists
rhemple wrote:I tried to buy this one, but they want a western union money gram. Scared me, I cancelled. Bought the Woot instead.

They are probably sold by Egyptian Princes too.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
bouldergeek wrote:I figure, for $100 difference after taxes (vis a vis the Lenovo), this Samsung offers a probably better screen quality (after owning the Galaxy S phone)...

The Galaxy S phone uses OLED technology (Organic Light Emiting Diode) display, the most beautifully color saturated and detailed display anywhere, but that type of screen isn't available to the public in anything but a small screen... yet. OLED is an individual LED for each and every pixel, unlike LCD displays. This tablet uses a high quality TFT LCD screen.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

xsists

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xsists
miikl1 wrote:Does this do Adobe Flash?

Out of the box no. When you turn it on, go into the market and download flash and then it will.

cbusch2792

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbusch2792

Webcam?

readrienne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages readrienne
frloplady wrote:do NOT get the lower xoom that only has the 528k memory (I think that is what it was). i bought it and returned it within 2 days. If you do any surfing on the net you will NOT like the speed of the xoom.

I have the 10" tablet and have been happy with it except the charge cord.

Thank you for your input!!

helibobber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helibobber

The Toshiba Thrive has full size USB, SD, HDMI and mini USB ports. Replacement batteries go for $45 from Toshiba direct (as of today). I have a Thrive and sure it is a little tubby compared to this one but I really like it. I have a 32GB SD card filled with movies and can watch them till the cows come home.
I would consider the Galaxy Tab to carry around away from home due to it being so light though.

Mawgy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mawgy

Could I use usb dongle to connect my mobile broadband card, and install the software to use it on this?

moneyfornothing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moneyfornothing

Can I tether via USB using EasyTether pro?

Mettler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mettler

OK I ordered it, my first time ordering from woot. I hae my order #. How do I find when it ships and track accordingly?