dpgumby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpgumby

Does anyone know where I can locate a Windows 7 Woot Gadget? I used to have one on my old computer - it showed up on the "gadget" area on the side of my screen, and it showed me the current "woot" item.

The gadget seems to be gone from the Windows Gadget library. I miss my gadget! Can anyone help!?!?!

Thanks!
Gene in NY

ksapp82

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksapp82
dpgumby wrote:Does anyone know where I can locate a Windows 7 Woot Gadget? I used to have one on my old computer - it showed up on the "gadget" area on the side of my screen, and it showed me the current "woot" item.

The gadget seems to be gone from the Windows Gadget library. I miss my gadget! Can anyone help!?!?!

Thanks!
Gene in NY

You are right they are gone based one what I found. You will just have to find someone that still has it that can email the file to you.

From the Windows...

The Windows Live Gallery has been retired. In order to focus support on the much richer set of opportunities available for the newest version of Windows, Microsoft is no longer supporting development or uploading of new Gadgets. However, some of the most popular and highest-rated gadgets are still available on the Gadgets page of the Windows Personalization Gallery.

woot.com = 11 woots
shirt.woot = 31 woots
sellout.woot = 3 woots
kids.woot = 4 woots
home.woot = 2 woot
Shirt Trades/Sold = 7/9

tigercc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tigercc

Hey there,

I just rebuilt my Windows 7 system so I could go from 32-bit with 4GB of RAM to 64-bit with 16GB. This required a total re-installation and reconfiguration of all of the software on my machine.

One of the things I realized I was missing was my Woot Gadget. I don't ever remember to visit the Woot website itself, but this gadget keeps me up to date. I discovered, much to my dismay, the same thing you did regarding the Windows Personalization Gallery and the absence of a Woot! gadget.

After a bit of Googling, I actually found the exact one I used. Here is the link--it is hosted on code.google.com.

Windows Sidebar Multi-Woot Gadget

Good luck!

kbzperu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbzperu

Thank you, it worked perfectly on my Win7 Pro laptop.

notyrb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notyrb

This is totally awesome! I lost this gadget over a year ago when I rebuilt my computer and this post is the first I've been able to find it. Thank you! Thank you!

BobMurdoch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobMurdoch

Still works. Well done, sir!

MS has been dropping all support of gadgets now that they are pushing their "Me too" apple-esque experiment known as Win8 (Thank God our recent office PC upgrade was a Win7.... The Win8 laptop at home is a mess to use (I should have known... every other Microsoft OS sucks))