aceridr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceridr
wallsg wrote:For all of us who scored one, how does it feel to be part of the hated 1%?

It feels like..........Victory!!!!!!!LOL

thumperchick

quality posts: 240 Private Messages thumperchick

Aww shucks - missed it. This is what I get for falling asleep on my husband's shoulder.

sawrys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sawrys

go to youtube.com and watch some of the videos

Einherjar13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Einherjar13

Woot! The 4gs on my Thunderbolt came through. 1st mobile browser acquired Bundle of Cheer for me, 3rd overall

jpawmsu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpawmsu

and again............during the drive home for the east this comes up.

Just admit that you do that on purpose its getting ridiculous.

TheFaz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheFaz
ipgreen wrote:That would be great. I have been over there to take a tour of the building and the glory that is the warehouse. It was heaven for a geek.

Did it have it's own section for TENS pads?

cjswootwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjswootwoot

I FINALLY scored my first bag
I've been having incredibly poor timing since January 2007.

With my luck, it'll probably be just a bag of coal...

courtjester801

quality posts: 1 Private Messages courtjester801
W. Harold wrote:What's with the Utah hotspot?

Well, between 2pm and 3pm Mountain Standard Time, we Utahns typically set aside time for quiet reflection on goofy liquor laws, fruit canning procedures and general tom-foolery. For some this is meditation. For most it's a chance to peruse the intertubes for quality lol-cats and Woot! purchases.

And given our choices in politicians, it's a given we do like our crap.

fumangoddess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fumangoddess
cjswootwoot wrote:I FINALLY scored my first bag
I've been having incredibly poor timing since January 2007.

With my luck, it'll probably be just a bag of coal...

Yes, but it will be Woot coal! Congrats

L.A.M.B. For Life!

jkloberdanz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkloberdanz

Welp, although I never got a confirmation page and I thought that I was hung up forever, I somehow landed my first Burgandy Olfactory Center in ages! Even though it'll probably be crummy, it will add some much needed fun to my family's December!

Holysin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Holysin

sweetness, my 2nd Burgandy Olfactory Center in a row after a long period of being a Burgandy Olfactory Center pauper. Will add my details to the Burgandy Olfactory Center tracker once it ships. woot woot

ipgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ipgreen
TheFaz wrote:Did it have it's own section for TENS pads?

no idea what that is, but there was a section with loads of stuff that looked like items for the next woot off. Honestly couldn't focus that much my heart was racing just wanted to get back to my screen to hit the buy button and feed the addiction

karim1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karim1980

hard enough to try to get one of these while seated at the desktop...let along on my smartphone...

Better luck next time, I hope.

timetoparty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timetoparty

This is Bull, I clicked 50 tabs open, on one i kept clicking and refreshing till it Finally showed THE EMERGENCY LIGHT

on a scale of 1-pissed i think i was raging

loudheart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loudheart

Excellent explanation, GizzyNubalo.

This is why I suggest Woot host their app inside California, preferably the Bay Area, or close to ATT gateway. hehehe...

Also, I got a HTTP 503 error while I was placing my order.

GizzyNubalo wrote:People tend to blame Woot's servers, but the reality is, your connection takes multiple "hops" before it gets to Woot's server farm. Any one of those hops can fail, causing you to lose out on a Burgandy Olfactory Center

With that said, the critical failures tend to happen at the final "hop." What path your connection takes to Woot's servers determines where you enter their server farm... and that last "hop" into the server farm can actually be funneling in from multiple different paths, each with hundreds or thousands of other people all trying to squeeze through that last hop.

When you're coming from a high populace state with a lot of people Wooting, and when you're using the same provider most of those people are using (Comcast, Time Warner, etc.) you're going to have a higher chance of running into a bottleneck because more of you are following the same path to that final hop.

The speed of your connection can conceivably have impact too, if only from the standpoint of your connection going out a few milliseconds before everyone else on your path - if you get to that last hop before everyone else, you're probably going to get through.

Could Woot open up more paths into their servers? Yes. But if their peers (the places your connection is hopping from) don't play along, it isn't going to do a bit of good.

Anyone who has done a lot of MMO gaming has probably run afoul of this same issue a time or two.

Note for IT pro's: Yes, I have simplified this explanation down to the level of a kindergartener and left a lot out, I know. :p

Son Dang
Web & Android Developer
http://www.loudheart.com/

kle11az

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kle11az

Congrats to all who scored.

I'm still a Baby New Year at this (what, 6 or 8 tries?) and I can't get beyond the 'this info is correct' button. My Bombed Out Cherry is still, well, a cherry? No Burgandy Olfactory Center for me. I must have been naughty this year. Or not naughty enough.

Maybe I should move to Utah.

mymatthew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mymatthew

Looking forward to opening my Bag of Coal!

mymatthew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mymatthew
mymatthew wrote:Looking forward to opening my Bag of Coal!

Hopefully million year old shining coal!

TheFaz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheFaz
ipgreen wrote:no idea what that is, but there was a section with loads of stuff that looked like items for the next woot off. Honestly couldn't focus that much my heart was racing just wanted to get back to my screen to hit the buy button and feed the addiction

"like"

Oops! Wrong website!

P.S. TENS pads are these pads for electric stimulation machines, for muscle soreness etc. They must have millions of them a year or two back. They were a Boob of Cleopatra staple!

kennykrotzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennykrotzer

We need another anti-tracker Bags of Crap!!! I was on the "this info correct?" page and then kaputt. Better luck next time, or next time, or the next time.

almostheaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages almostheaven

almostheaven- my screen turned to a solid SNOW white with order conformation in bar. THANK YOU FOR MY HOLIDAY Bag of Coal.HERE IS WISHING YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND FINANCIAL BLESSINGS IN THE NEW YEAR.

brianw1957

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brianw1957
courtjester801 wrote:Well, between 2pm and 3pm Mountain Standard Time, we Utahns typically set aside time for quiet reflection on goofy liquor laws, fruit canning procedures and general tom-foolery. For some this is meditation. For most it's a chance to peruse the intertubes for quality lol-cats and Woot! purchases.

And given our choices in politicians, it's a given we do like our crap.

What you said, it's a bit early for a Martini here, but working on it. Add another Utahn with a bag o carp...

gmw111

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gmw111
teenracer6 wrote:Im working on mine. Order screen almost loaded. Props to Woot! for not having a server crash.

Says you. I kept getting a message that the server was overloaded. :/ Oh well, I got a Bag of Coal last time- so perhaps it was someone else's turn.

ipgreen

TheFaz wrote:"like"

Oops! Wrong website!

P.S. TENS pads are these pads for electric stimulation machines, for muscle soreness etc. They must have millions of them a year or two back. They were a Boob of Cleopatra staple!

Didn't see any of those, but talking about this make me want to go over and tour to see what is lying about that could be going into this Boob of Cleopatra. If i find any greatness i will be sure and share.

forthhs2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forthhs2005

GOT ONE TOOOOOOO!!!
Hope it is not really crap though.

holiday03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holiday03

Great. I go get lunch and what do i miss??? The Bag of Coal. Jimminy Crickets!

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

Crap number 5 for me. It's been a while (couple years at least) since my last crap...

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

ipgreen

forthhs2005 wrote:GOT ONE TOOOOOOO!!!
Hope it is not really crap though.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up. Most are as advertised. The wait for them is what makes all this worth it. With the anticipation of getting the actual package you don't have to wait nearly as long for the next woot off.

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

madcow19

quality posts: 10 Private Messages madcow19

Was talking to my boss. Note to self: Never talk to your boss!

Even though there was 20% gone, after hitting the "Buy It" button I had hope, but then the processing page went blank. No hope at all...until, email confirmation! First "regular" Barking Orange Cauliflower in years!

pertifly

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pertifly
almostheaven wrote:almostheaven- my screen turned to a solid SNOW white with order conformation in bar. THANK YOU FOR MY HOLIDAY Bag of Coal.HERE IS WISHING YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND FINANCIAL BLESSINGS IN THE NEW YEAR.

It said "order confirmation" in my URL, too, with a solid white screen, but I have no Burgandy Olfactory Center My woot count even went up, too, and then it went back down to 28. I stopped going for it when I saw the order confirmation screen because I thought that meant I was in, I could have kept trying. *sigh* Not sure why I even bother with it anymore.

toycardriver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages toycardriver
wallsg wrote:For all of us who scored one, how does it feel to be part of the hated 1%?

Pretty Darn Good, if you ask me!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
madcow19 wrote:Was talking to my boss. Note to self: Never talk to your boss!

I'm sorta required to talk to my boss though. Grats on the bag!

I'm just hanging out, really.

greaseman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greaseman
sholden12345 wrote:Dear TPW,

In the spirit of the holiday season, I respectfully request good craps and electronics! Though thou shalt not whine about the crappiness of the crap received, I have little use for a seahorse bag, solar powered doll house, and a set of climate cubes. In all seriousness, really jazzed about winning my 2nd, really hoping it's of more use to me than the last, but i'll appreciate it any which way. Thanks Woot!!!

TPW has moved on and is no longer affiliated with Woot-offs (moment of silence, please).

Bags o' Craptasticness:
-----------------------------
  • Brick of Carbonite 04/26/12
  • Brick of Carbonite 12/06/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 11/09/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 09/14/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 08/17/11
  • Random Crap 06/24/10
  • Random Crap 05/26/10
  • Random Crap 03/26/10

lancer843

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lancer843

4th time trying to get a Bag of Coal. Never got one lol. Im starting to think its all a hoax and its impossible to get one.

panthiest

quality posts: 16 Private Messages panthiest

I missed it by 7 minutes- I was even back at my computer but didn't think to load up woot right away.

Lesson is always be tracking woot.

imtheother1666

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imtheother1666
justafreak wrote:

WoW nerds unite!

forthhs2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forthhs2005

does woot still send out letters???

cheapola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheapola

I think woot needs to upgrade their servers.. Haven't got a Burgandy Olfactory Center since xmas last year.. Yeah I know more are without, but still.. I was like there right in line, entered cvv2 #, clicked on orange button and whammo... Can't load.. I do refresh and click on the big gold button, but guess what? Doesn't complete... Where does it go? Back to where it says enter cvv2 code..

*sigh*

greaseman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greaseman
forthhs2005 wrote:does woot still send out letters???

No sign of one for the last couple of Crappy Bags.

Bags o' Craptasticness:
-----------------------------
  • Brick of Carbonite 04/26/12
  • Brick of Carbonite 12/06/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 11/09/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 09/14/11
  • Brick of Carbonite 08/17/11
  • Random Crap 06/24/10
  • Random Crap 05/26/10
  • Random Crap 03/26/10