pointforpoke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pointforpoke

I'm going to ask here since yall a woot-masters and since this thread is still active and will be active.

i also ordered the screaming monkey keychain the day before the bag of coins came on. I recieved the monkey days ago.. but the monkey doesn't scream? it did once or twice but only after great effort.

It didn't come with any packaging or anything (like say, a tag, or directions)i wasn't sure if that was common or not?

Can one of you wootperts help? Should i return my silent screaming monkeyfriend? I really wanted to let it off during my final exams, but I was disappointed

MagicCripple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MagicCripple
pointforpoke wrote:I'm going to ask here since yall a woot-masters and since this thread is still active and will be active.

i also ordered the screaming monkey keychain the day before the bag of coins came on. I recieved the monkey days ago.. but the monkey doesn't scream? it did once or twice but only after great effort.

It didn't come with any packaging or anything (like say, a tag, or directions)i wasn't sure if that was common or not?

Can one of you wootperts help? Should i return my silent screaming monkeyfriend? I really wanted to let it off during my final exams, but I was disappointed

I got one in my crap last month, and thought it too was broken. There is a plastic tab you need to pull out to start it. Not sure if that is the case for you, but worth a shot

pointforpoke

MagicCripple wrote:I got one in my crap last month, and thought it too was broken. There is a plastic tab you need to pull out to start it. Not sure if that is the case for you, but worth a shot

I read on google about a plastic tab but im not sure if the keychain has one? i dont see it anywhere. like i said the monkey keychain came in a box without any packaging or instructions. ... almost looked used, kwim?

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass

My shrine to my favorite Burgandy Olfactory Center items and Gifts

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

mrskivvies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrskivvies

Shipping status update on my 2.3lb, 12"x9.2"x5" Buoyancy Of Condensation... seems it's Going Postal!

"Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service" at 12:00am and then a "Departed FedEx Location FEDEX SMARTPOST" at 4:00am in KS. Est. Delivery is still 12/19/2011 Monday.

If I knew what sort facility it was going to, I'd try to shoot for a Saturday Will-Call Pickup... we'll see how updates evolve today.

~J.

Morac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Morac

Mine shipped "Dec 16, 2011 11:59 AM". It's 2.0 lbs.

Hopefully it's not a bag of kids.woot like last time.

mariojill2001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mariojill2001
    pointforpoke wrote:.. but the monkey doesn't scream? it did once or twice but only after great effort.

Unlike its larger cousin that lets out a blood curdling scream upon impact, the key chain monkey only screams when you squeeze its belly. If you feel the belly (not in a creepy way) you will see that there is a push button under the "skin".

Hope that helps.

devin000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages devin000

My first Burgandy Olfactory Center is out for delivery!!!!

devin000

My Burgandy Olfactory Center is here. My Burgandy Olfactory Center is here My Burgandy Olfactory Center is here. I promised to wait until my girlfriend got off work to open it, but this is like the Catalina wine mixer.

devin000

2.3 pounder opened. A bag. Cupcake lipgloss. Philips 4 foot hdmi cable, monkey keychain and spitball dartboard. Woot woot!

mrskivvies

I got my Buoyancy of Condensation!! Delivered by USPS 10 minutes ago. Who wants to know what was inside?

~J.

pointforpoke

mariojill2001 wrote:Unlike its larger cousin that lets out a blood curdling scream upon impact, the key chain monkey only screams when you squeeze its belly. If you feel the belly (not in a creepy way) you will see that there is a push button under the "skin".

Hope that helps.

yep. I can slam that button in his belly but no amount of animal abuse upon his poor body will get the little fellow to scream. I believe his previous torturers have cut off his tongue.

nangtadam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nangtadam
    devin000 wrote:2.3 pounder opened. A bag. Cupcake lipgloss. Philips 4 foot hdmi cable, monkey keychain and spitball dartboard. Woot woot!

I thought for sure there would be calendars for all.

mrskivvies

Green bag, Philips 4' HDMI cable, Woot monkey with orange cape key chain, cupcake lip gloss, and the spitball dartboard. Not a bad score.

~J.

rockabettygirl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rockabettygirl

Orange bag, cupcake lip gloss, screaming mini monkey with orange cape, lampshade, spitball dartboard. 2 bags texas air.

p.s. My daughter and I tore through it then put it all back wrapped under the tree before her Dad saw we opened it.

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202

Bag number 30-something finally updated. 2.0 lbs due to arrive on 12/22 to Baltimore, MD.

BeanDip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeanDip

just got mine but I am going to wait till the wife gets home from shopping... oh the suspense!

saben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saben

delivered at 5:45 on a saturday night. 1 lb poke of crap containing one red duffle bag, one tin labled "birthday survival kit", spitball dartboard, 6 pack of red hand towels. Not bad for crap, but far from original "wOOt" brand crap of the past!

jessica456

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessica456

Ever since Woot was bought by Amazon, it seems that the Burgandy Olfactory Center#39;s have gotten worse and worse
    This will be my last one as well.

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak
    jessica456 wrote:Ever since Woot was bought by Amazon, it seems that the Burgandy Olfactory Center#39;s have gotten worse and worse

More for me. I don't get the issues people have with amazon buying woot. Forgetting Amazon for one second I think its important to remember what woot is and what woot did. They somehow made buying random products including crap into a pop-culture icon. And somehow did so with a business model with very little mote around it, so it's been copied 100 million times, but never reproduced. I include myself in when I say we sometimes by crap (and not just the bag variety) because it was on-sale at woot.com and we love it.

Amazon saw the unbelievable juggernaut that was and still is the woot we all know. I don't see that it's changed really apart from this weird perception that because amazon now owns it some how the company that sold us crap for years has "sold-out" to a bigger company. And that's all it is isn't it? Perception. Are the podcast any less amusing, have the writers all be fired and replaced with robots that suck? Not as far as I can tell.

This isn't specifically directed at you and for the record I don't work for or know anyone who does work for woot or amazon or any of its partners. I'm just someone who see's the evil genius behind the company that I've now given nearly $10k of my money too over the last 5 or so years.

Also Crap is Crap...99 times out of 100 if not more crap is barely worth the 8 bucks, but that's the fun in it isn't it? How many "wake-up" alarms do you have or crappy little kids backpacks full of weird oddities found only in a Bag of Coal or that crazy dollar store down no one ever goes to?

If you don't want to try buying craps anymore then I'm happy, because that's one less person between me and my next crap.

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

gdellinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdellinger

Got mine in today. The estimated delivery date was the 20th. Now just need to wrap it up for Christmas!

cxb262

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cxb262

I'm waiting on a 16.3 pounder, ETA 12/21. This should be interesting.

joshpuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshpuse

how do you check the dimensions? it doesn't show on fedex

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jessica456 wrote:Ever since Woot was bought by Amazon, it seems that the Burgandy Olfactory Center#39;s have gotten worse and worse

FORUM MODERATOR
    To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
    ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
    CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sparkmovement

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparkmovement

have yet to receive any shipping info at all... not getting too impatient, seeing as i got a Burgandy Olfactory Center on my second day ever on woot because of a buddy watching for one. be nice to record an unboxing on christmas but not the end of the world if not.

whcodered

quality posts: 11 Private Messages whcodered

I have a 2 pounder, 12 in. x 9.2 in. x 5 in., set to be delivered Wednesday 12/21. Let's hope for crap!

lucifurrjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucifurrjones

#Spoilers

2 Large Bags Texas Air
    1 Flying Screaming Monkey w/Orange Cape Keychain (indeed screams)
    1 Spitball Dartpad
    1 Cafe Bingo
    2 Chocolate Cupcake Lip Gloss
    1 Cylindrical Black Bag (for crap-carrying)

Burgandy Olfactory Center #2 complete.

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg
    brianw1957 wrote:Tracking from woot.
    Really:?
    "Your order may contain multiple packages that arrive on different days. If you don't receive your entire order at the same time, please wait a couple of days after you receive your first package before contacting us at service@woot.com." multiple packages? Christmas at our house

Standard boilerplate.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
    Game Over

wallsg

2 lbs, 12" x 9.2" x 5"

Due 12/21 in the Phoenix metro area.

Departed FedEx Dallas on 12/17 @ 1:32 AM.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
    Game Over

wallsg

JirafaBo wrote:I hate to ask but I have read a good chunk of posts and haven't found an answer...

What is THE LETTER everyone is talking about?

Ancient Chinese Secret

Game Over

wallsg

fyredriftwood wrote:For those of you guys complaining, remember one thing: the Bag of Coal is not about what is inside the bag, it's the EXPERIENCE.

You're one of 2500 lucky people to buy the crap. And then it's the excitement of waiting to open it.

I don't mind throwing out $8 to do this. It's fun and I enjoy a good laugh out of what I receive.

Yeah, stop complaining about being one of the 1%.

Game Over

kerry8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerry8

I'll actually be pretty psyched to get one of the "standard" ones going around - just happy to have gotten in on this go-round. Been a while since I've gotten to participate in one of these threads.

To me it's like a lottery ticket - the fun is in the anticipation. And at the end, I still get some crappy crap!

Chris4056

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chris4056

2 lbs
    12 in. x 9.2 in. x 5 in.

Due 12/23...

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen
    kerry8 wrote:I'll actually be pretty psyched to get one of the "standard" ones going around - just happy to have gotten in on this go-round. Been a while since I've gotten to participate in one of these threads.

To me it's like a lottery ticket - the fun is in the anticipation. And at the end, I still get some crappy crap!

I totally agree! Also, I'm secretly thrilled to have an orange-caped keychain to go with my pink-caped keychain; it will be a monkey-themed tribute to '60's era Denny's in my pocket!

ftmyersbuc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ftmyersbuc
    wallsg wrote:Yeah, stop complaining about being one of the 1%.

Exactly....there are those of us who live vicariously through you lucky 1%ers.

terad72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terad72

The details of my Burgandy Olfactory Center finally appeared today and it looks like it's almost to my neck of the woods. The dimensions are 11.75"x 9.25"x 5", but it still says it weighs 1 lb.

I've been wooting for at least 6 years now, and this only my 2nd Burgandy Olfactory Center We can't wait!

Beffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beffy

Trying not to read ya'lls posts so I can be surprised but it's so hard! My Bag of Coal's delivery got bumped up to the 21st now though and I am so excited! IS IT WEDNESDAY YET!

kerry8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerry8
    Beffy wrote:Trying not to read ya'lls posts so I can be surprised but it's so hard! My Bag of Coal's delivery got bumped up to the 21st now though and I am so excited! IS IT WEDNESDAY YET!

Same for me - so excited to see that it didn't go from WV back to TN or something (like what Smartpost did once with me) but that it's only about 40 minutes away! Showing 12/21!!!

omnichad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omnichad
    devin000 wrote:2.3 pounder opened. A bag. Cupcake lipgloss. Philips 4 foot hdmi cable, monkey keychain and spitball dartboard. Woot woot!

Exactly what I got. Really, not bad for my first crap. The HDMI cable is fairly high quality, and covers most of my cost.

krazyaznxndl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazyaznxndl

Wait how come I still haven't receive an email about my shipment information? But everybody else shipment is coming this week?