pakimby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pakimby
sorcha72 wrote:I try and try, and Woot just teases. I get to the order page, then the order confirmation page and just when I think it's gone through I get this:

There was an error placing your order. Please verify that all the fields below are correct and try again.

This sale is sold out.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH

So close. This is exactly what happened to me too. Boo hiss!

mrjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrjb

I HATE YOU Burgandy Olfactory Center!

PS. Dear Woot. I sell servers for a living. I'm willing to give you giant discount on fast big server if you send me Burgandy Olfactory Center...deal? sweet!

roknich

quality posts: 2 Private Messages roknich

Got my 100th woot today and still no Bag Of Coal...

Bend over Woot... I'll show you where you can stick that emergency tool...

zmerz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zmerz

Looks like I'll have to fill my own Bag of Coal

marvel111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvel111

Burgandy Olfactory Center is a woot-off killer

Mr McWoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mr McWoot

Wow, my 11th bag of carp! My first was 4/1/2008. I gotta say, they used to be a lot more exciting with people ending up with a HUGE variety, from broken phones to a dozen Sansa mp3 players. All in all it's been well worth it and of course no matter what I get I feel like a winner just for getting my order in. But I miss how ridiculous some of the carp was, like they just went to bizarre garage sales, stocked-up, and dumped it in boxes instead of taking inventory that probably won't sell. Oh well, here's hoping for good carp, I've certainly taken care of many a white elephant gift with what I've gotten in the past! Thanks Woot!

jamcracker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamcracker

Thanks a freakin' lot, woot. Still no Bag of Coal for me. Submitted my order and nothing but a server time out for me. You ruined Christmas, again.

bodybybody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bodybybody

Just awesome....got this after hitting the gold button, all fields were correct.

"There was an error placing your order. Please verify that all the fields below are correct and try again.

This sale is sold out."

jaramie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaramie

as much money as woot makes, you would think they could afford better servers. cheapskates.

eff you see kay oh eff eff !

cgoebel25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgoebel25

Big ol Carp!!!!!!!!!! I got shut out
AT&T air card was toooooo slooowwww!!

mikurubeam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikurubeam
Pael wrote:Wootalyzer and being at your computer the second it comes up.

Too bad I work from a mac...and I don't trust my windows VM to be able to handle the craziness.
I hope they get the OSX version up soon!

~Siggy Iggy~

HokutoNoKen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HokutoNoKen

in for 2.

missed out on Burgandy Olfactory Center got to is this info correct then told me it was sold out. oh well...will be going on 6 years now since my last Bandolier of Carrots.

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy

I love how only .001% of the comments here pertain to the item at hand.

That said: I hate you, Woot. I have been so close, sooo many times and have never gotten the Burgandy Olfactory Center I hate you.

End of Line.

Zalfrin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zalfrin

Got to order page 4 or 5 times, entered CVV and hit gold button. orderconfirmation.aspx page tried to load but failed every time. Checked my account for order history, no dice. underwear.

Bigscout79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigscout79

In for 3. I just remember Adam from Mythbusters saying 'If you have any water near where you live, you should have one of these in your car'. It was amazing how hard it was to bust the glass without a tool and how easy it was with it.

jaramie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaramie
pakimby wrote:So close. This is exactly what happened to me too. Boo hiss!

same here last 3 times

eff you see kay oh eff eff !

Schaeffer20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schaeffer20

WHAT??? I step away from my desk for 5 minutes and I missed it??? SOB!!!

pheaton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pheaton

Sure, I'm in for two.

atfguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atfguy

Now we could go smash woot employee windows, since we are upset they cant support server overload..and i didn't get a bag of Shiiiiiiiii.......crap

tbug84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbug84

no dice, but I could get a tool for my car now.

rachelleism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelleism

My lifelong dream has been crushed once again. next time I'll just hack their website so I get all the bags o crap maniacal laugh! Maniacal laugh!

shassy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shassy

Sure - quite day - Burgandy Olfactory Center hits and everyone wants a piece of me -- can't they see I'm busy!

kalaharinight

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kalaharinight

Got to the stupid gold button twice, and it returned a blank page. I don't mind patiently trying when the servers are slammed, but I do mind sloppy programming.

Thing is, the Burgandy Olfactory Center and the rest of the woot-off have to balance each other to make any sense at all. When the woot-off items are not discounted from previous prices, and the selection is mostly not good stuff, then the incentive to hang by the computer buying stuff and waiting for the coveted Burgandy Olfactory Center really goes down.

PS: You've misspelled Burgundy in your text substitution, Woot.

Really, I'm not blue, I don't have a ratty beard, and I NEVER wear pink.

syrinne

quality posts: 2 Private Messages syrinne

Of course... I go to take a literal crap and that's when the Burgandy Olfactory Center is posted.

F.

Stablenut

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stablenut
Stablenut wrote:Me too. Then it went to total whiteness. I hit the buy button from Wootalyzer in milliseconds - and still couldn't score a Burgandy Olfactory Center . New computer. Ultrafast DSL. But it didn't make a difference. Years I've been with Woot - years I tell ya - no Burgandy Olfactory Center yet!

Oh yeah. Woot, Burgandy is spelled Burgundy. Just sayin'.

CharliePrince

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CharliePrince
Mr McWoot wrote:Wow, my 11th bag of carp!

What ISP do you have? And why is it getting preferential treatment when queuing the Woot servers?

So it is boughten.... So it must be paid off with a second job!

atypicallei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atypicallei

Can't believe this is what follows a Burgandy Olfactory Center

zcbmarne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zcbmarne
Mr McWoot wrote:Wow, my 11th bag of carp! My first was 4/1/2008. I gotta say, they used to be a lot more exciting with people ending up with a HUGE variety, from broken phones to a dozen Sansa mp3 players. All in all it's been well worth it and of course no matter what I get I feel like a winner just for getting my order in. But I miss how ridiculous some of the carp was, like they just went to bizarre garage sales, stocked-up, and dumped it in boxes instead of taking inventory that probably won't sell. Oh well, here's hoping for good carp, I've certainly taken care of many a white elephant gift with what I've gotten in the past! Thanks Woot!

As my favorite L.A. radio DJs would say "SUCK IT!"

shep1111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shep1111

My third Burgandy Olfactory Center in Three years with Woot, Thanks Woot!! and only one quality post!!

mtp0003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtp0003

Woot sucks! The shipping sucks! The servers suck! And the deals aren't even that good! Goodbye Woot! (forever this time)

tonkatsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonkatsu

Where does this go, exactly? I'm not sure where to put it.

dreadpirateandy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreadpirateandy

The angle of the window spike looks *really* awkward if you're trying to bust the glass. I'd probably hit the window with the plastic edge before the spike.

Mr McWoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mr McWoot
bhodges3 wrote:I seriously hate all of you. You all make it impossible NOT to want to buy a Burgandy Olfactory Center I now have my third Burgandy Olfactory Center on the way, and I still regret the first two.

Seriously people... what is the BEST thing you have ever gotten out of one of these? I think the best thing I got out of my two previous was some Crayola Princess coloring book that saved me having to buy a Christmas gift for a niece.

I haven't gotten much lately. Over the years though I've gotten many Sansa players (gave most away), a printer that sold on Amazon for > $100 (still works!), a Zune that I resold on eBay (for $118), and a bunch of White Elephant gifts!!!

Bigscout79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigscout79
tonkatsu wrote:Where does this go, exactly? I'm not sure where to put it.

Most keep it in the glove box, or a door side pocket so you can get to it when you need it in... you know... an emergency. :-)

Stablenut

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stablenut
Mr McWoot wrote:Wow, my 11th bag of carp! My first was 4/1/2008. I gotta say, they used to be a lot more exciting with people ending up with a HUGE variety, from broken phones to a dozen Sansa mp3 players. All in all it's been well worth it and of course no matter what I get I feel like a winner just for getting my order in. But I miss how ridiculous some of the carp was, like they just went to bizarre garage sales, stocked-up, and dumped it in boxes instead of taking inventory that probably won't sell. Oh well, here's hoping for good carp, I've certainly taken care of many a white elephant gift with what I've gotten in the past! Thanks Woot!

Somethings just not right there -

mrjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrjb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller
bhodges3 wrote:I seriously hate all of you. You all make it impossible NOT to want to buy a Burgandy Olfactory Center I now have my third Burgandy Olfactory Center on the way, and I still regret the first two.

Seriously people... what is the BEST thing you have ever gotten out of one of these? I think the best thing I got out of my two previous was some Crayola Princess coloring book that saved me having to buy a Christmas gift for a niece.

The quest is not the destination, but the path. Where else can $8 buy so much glee and mirth? Not to mention X number of days of eager anticipation.

For you, meh?, why bother. WHY BOTHER? You denied a fellow Wootilian of their Bruised Orifice Cream. Take joy in that denial.

The rest of us? We await that day that you so obviously despise.

AnimeRosey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnimeRosey

Leak Frogs I wouldn't pay full price for.

onefatfrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onefatfrog

I gave a valiant effort! I just happened to see the cameras sell out and when I refreshed it showed me the Burgandy Olfactory Center with a full bar! I was about to get my second Burgandy Olfactory Center (and this one was a LOT easier than my April Fool's Burgandy Olfactory Center..), but alas I didn't realize that you weren't automatically IN if you clicked it while the bar was still full. After I finally clicked the gold button and confirmed my credit card number I texted all my friends with joy... You can guess the end. Woot you are a heart breaker, but that's why I love you!

gelo48

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gelo48

add me in for one for someone who has never gotten the Burgandy Olfactory Center

considering it is probably stuff I don't need I shouldn't care but since I can't have it I do.

Therefore I am.
Without.
Any carp at all.