2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Lock & Lock Airtight BPA-Free 32-Piece Holiday Set
$19.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

So, this comes with the cookies and candy, right? They better be hand made by Toon!!!!

army01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages army01

You're still here? It's over. Go home.

jaamzw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jaamzw

Christmas geocache containers.

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne
bpeterson82 wrote:So, this comes with the cookies and candy, right? They better be hand made by Toon!!!!

Sadly, I don't think it does.

Which begs the question, what exactly makes this the "holiday set?"

chirho

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chirho

Homemade cookies included? I see no disclaimer... *Hopes are rising*

therealjrn

quality posts: 51 Private Messages therealjrn

Kinda early to be selling Valentine's Day merch isn't it?

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

rluxemburg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rluxemburg

What makes this a holiday set? Is it the cheery red color?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

disturbed0ne wrote:Sadly, I don't think it does.

Which begs the question, what exactly makes this the "holiday set?"

Red? We put holiday cookies in the picture?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

Are we the consumer allowed to choose the holiday we use these on?

molecularchristine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages molecularchristine

Debating if would be superior for mailing cookies than a typical cookie tin.

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

They offered these as a promo gift with stamps at my local grocery and they are the best storage containers I have (besides by glass pyrex)! This is a great buy! Individually these would cost much more!

MissouriMomma

lmmontalbano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lmmontalbano

I have this set. Sturdy, doesn't leak (even soup), easy to wash, and can be microwaved and used in the freezer. Excellent for this college student who eats left over for half the week.

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

Those round ones are perfect for my mini lemon bundt cakes.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Obviously they won't be sending us the cookies guys, but we can ask the important questions like:

Which member of the woot staff made the lovely little cookies in the photo? And more importantly, did you guys get to eat them afterwards?

sdc100

quality posts: 507 Private Messages sdc100

A REVIEW
I bought the smaller set a few weeks agao and so far, I'm impressed. I generaly hate plastic storage ware because they retain smells and really hold on to grease (there's a scientific reason for this ... plastics are made from petroleum, and generally speaking, oil attracts oil). This probably isn't a problem if you have a dishwasher, but we hand wash and it often takes 2-3 scrubbings and rinses to clean a container. Well, these are surprisingly easy to clean and don't seem to retain odors as much. One container still smelled like garlic after scrubbing but the smells dissipated after a few days (don't cover). And they definitely don't discolor because of food, i.e. tomato sauce. And the locks prevent the broken nails I used to get from opening cheaper containers. So far, I'm impressed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

axphw1 wrote:Are we the consumer allowed to choose the holiday we use these on?

Of course! Just put your request in writing (50 words or less) and send it to whatsmyholiday@reallydontdothis.com. We'll get back to you if we approve.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

sdc100

A HINT
It's a good idea to take out the silicone gasket now and then to let them air out. Otherwise, water that is trapped inside can get moldy.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Warning: Lock&Lock have sold out their different BPA-free sets quickly, whether on woot or sellout.woot this year. The last one sold out shortly after 2 p.m. Central for the 28 piece last October (and yes, I have bought a set earlier this year):

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4681969

wrevis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrevis

Got these the last time they were up.

I like them. They are well made and work ok.

HOWEVER THEY ARE VERY SMALL!

Look at the dimensions... most of these aren't good for storing more than a small leftover.

These aren't good for packing lunch, etc. They are good for packing desert and very small leftovers.

Now that I think about it, this set may be better for storing spices, rather than food.

whatsamattaU

Oh, and my comments last woot:

whatsamattaU wrote:Sellout woot: August 20, VERY popular (if you don't get the hint, they sold out by morning)
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/b0f2390b-c0a1-4b2e-9bae-0ee1019afd17/lock-lock-bpa-free-airtight-stackable-28-piece-set

Woot off October 11, less helpful:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4665250

For more general comments about the company, similar woot for 18 piece in September from same company:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4618199&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=330#post4618208

cricketfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cricketfan

I bought 3 sets of the ones on woot amonth or two ago. One set came with a couple of damaged lids but woot were fast and replaced them (thumbs up woot!).
As to their use, I really like them so far and theyve replaced many of the plastics in the kitchen (kept a few "disposable" ones for tomato sauces that stain etc).

Id buy these if I needed more - this company seems to be aggresively pushing them as Ive seen sales in various places for them recently (plum dist/eversave and their own website), maybe trying to corner the market

bravo6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bravo6
jaamzw wrote:Christmas geocache containers.

Haha my first thought as well!

brookejohnson

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brookejohnson

Whoo hoo, in for 3!! I love my Lock & Locks, and was thinking about getting some more.
So 1 set for me, 1 for mom for Xmas, and one for mother-in-law for Xmas...that just about finished off my shopping for the year!!

whatsamattaU

So far, can't find the exact set at Lock&Lock, but this is the closest I can find so far: their section of "sets":

http://www.locknlockplace.com/index.php/food-containers/set.html

The 32 piece set doesn't match, so I wonder if Woot got a special deal on the colors.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

Are these the same 'duty' as their other models? Do these differ in color only? This isn't a pliable thickness of plastic, is it? Are these are 'hard'?

ephobia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephobia

Here's their website if you want to know more about the products, how to use them and how to clean them:

http://www.locknlockplace.com/

Alisha574

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Alisha574
bluejester wrote:Obviously they won't be sending us the cookies guys, but we can ask the important questions like:

Which member of the woot staff made the lovely little cookies in the photo? And more importantly, did you guys get to eat them afterwards?

I'm pretty sure the cookies (in the largest container with a lid on) with white frosting are from Target... You know what, I think the Christmas Tree cookies are too. Those ones are good!

cricketfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cricketfan
molecularchristine wrote:Debating if would be superior for mailing cookies than a typical cookie tin.

For the plus side - to the recipient it would defintely be more useful after the cookies were eaten.

On the negative side - these are plastic and would have to survive whichever mailing service you sent them through and may not do as well as a tin that can dint.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

The name is stupid, but these are so great! I remember that a medium sized container cost me about 7.99 by itself a couple years ago, so this is a great deal.

sdc100

A HINT
Keep in mind these have an upper temperature limit of 210°F. Water reaches a rolling boil at 212°F. In other words, you can't cook in these, or even microwave anything to the point of a rolling boil.

Also keep in mind that foods high in oil or grease will heat higher than 212°F in a microwave. That can melt the plastic so monitor the container carefully. Once the food is reheated, stop the microwave. You can see the effects of overheating in styrofoam takeout boxes from salad bars. Microwaving often results in holes that are brown from frying in the heated oil.

azynfob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azynfob

i bought one of these last time and on one of them, the lid part that does the locking is already breaking away from the rest of the lid. obviously i could've gotten a defective one but not happy at all.

pjfavia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pjfavia

The previous Woot in October had 28 pieces for $14.99. This is 4 more pieces (2 containers + lids) for $19.99. Are we paying extra for holidayness? If it comes with cookies it would be worth it...

billythejoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billythejoat

I use them to store our bird food and nuts. We used to get pantry moths a lot, and using these have effectively eliminated them. I also wish more of the larger sizes were included.

zikzak

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zikzak
axphw1 wrote:Are we the consumer allowed to choose the holiday we use these on?

If it ships Smartpost you'll be using these on Valentine's Day.

pilloff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pilloff

Bought a similar set a few months ago, love them, and have been chasing the dragon waiting for them to reappear. Buy them now -- they will sell out.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

28 piece set was only $14.99 last time woot had these.
54 fl. oz. Container with (1) Lid
(1) 34 fl. oz. Container with (1) Lid
(1) 29 fl. oz. Container with (1) Lid
(1) 24 fl. oz. Container with (1) Lid
(2) 23 fl. oz. Container with (2) Lids
(3) 12 fl. oz. Container with (3) Lids
(2) 11.8 fl. oz. Container with (2) Lids
(3) 10 fl. oz. Container with (3) Lids

$14.99 set from August Woot was best deal:

Lock & Lock Storage Set includes:
(1) 54 fl. oz. Container with (1) Lid
(1) 34 fl. oz. Container with (1) Lid
(1) 29 fl. oz. Container with (1) Lid
(1) 24 fl. oz. Container with (1) Lid
(2) 23 fl. oz. Container with (2) Lids
(3) 12 fl. oz. Container with (3) Lids
(2) 11.8 fl. oz. Container with (2) Lids
(3) 10 fl. oz. Container with (3) Lids

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
wrevis wrote:Got these the last time they were up.

I like them. They are well made and work ok.

HOWEVER THEY ARE VERY SMALL!

Look at the dimensions... most of these aren't good for storing more than a small leftover.

These aren't good for packing lunch, etc. They are good for packing desert and very small leftovers.

Now that I think about it, this set may be better for storing spices, rather than food.

Agreed. I was thinking about buying them, but then I saw that 5 of the 9 container sizes are 12 ounces or less (going all the way down to 4.8 ounces). That's 12 of the 16 containers! I can't imagine what I'd use resealable containers that small for...maybe two cookies? (Hmmm, I guess I can imagine it...I just wouldn't do it.)

Are all of the Lock & Lock sets like this, or do some come in actually usable sizes?

ashielovesdashie88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashielovesdashie88

absolutely wonderful set, genuinely air-tight, as a previous wooter has stated, it really does hold in liquids without any disastrous spills.