dfallik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dfallik

I bought this set last time and I would not buy it again.
I can only really use two or three of the containers. One is huge and good for soup and the other two are good for leftovers.
But overall the containers are way too small - maybe holding 1/2 cup.

Unlike Tupperware, etc., containers of similar size don't stack on each other, so you need a lot of room.

diemlinh7

quality posts: 9 Private Messages diemlinh7

I received a similar set last year and think they're great. Our kids' schools discourage any kind of non-reusable packaging for lunches so the smaller containers have been great for the kids' snacks and lunch. And the lid are easy to open/close for little hands - they used to struggle with the Rubbermaid lids...:0)

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100
fartfile wrote:Can you store the smaller ones inside the larger ones with the lids on or do the lids need to be off/stored separately? Thanks!

I just looked at my set and it's actually not as nestable as I had thought. Only two specific rectangular lidded containers can fit into the largest one. I was confused with another set from Sharper Image that is much more nestable. In other words, this set will take up a lot of room if you want them lidded. Uncovered, you can do more nesting, but it's somewhat haphazard and random, and won't look neat.

See this post and photos.

Crazyhorse86

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Crazyhorse86

this brand is the best for these. Others are all imitators. But these are by far superior quality. These are awesome. Great for camping cooler to keep stuff cold but dry among the ice.
Many other uses of course.

Maniac11919

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Maniac11919

Overcooking things in these in the microwave has caused mine to bubble up on the interior. Still functional, but it always looks dirty :/

YMMV.

luckyzac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luckyzac

This has too many small containers.

I love my Lock and Lock containers...But have yet to find a use for the tiny ones for myself...

Pearljr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pearljr

If I had not gone to the basement last weekend looking for a container to carry my deviled eggs to a party. I would have purchased this set. I discovered I have alot more Lock & Locks that I have never even used. Besides the stash in the kitchen. But I will say I am always looking for tiny ones. BUT I AM GOING to RESIST purchasing in fear of my husband flipping out because there is another lock and lock package arriving. But I love the little ones for salad dressing, shredded cheese, butter, condiments etc. that you don't want to put on until meal time.

leeanicholas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leeanicholas

I got some of these earlier in the month, though a different set. They work really well and are easy to lock together. Only complaint is that a lot of them aren't very big. Otherwise, great product!

upinya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upinya

Good product....Terrible customer service. Ordered some stuff from them early October. Several sets for Christmas gifts as they were having a huge sale. Got a delivery from them in about 2 weeks. Should have received 38 containers from them. Only received 25. Have called them many times since. 95% of time get a recording to leave a message and they will get back to me within 1 buisness day. Have done this at least 10 times. Have yet to receive a response. If I get through to a live rep. I am usually put on hold after explaining my problem and every time have waited 20-30 minutes before hanging up out of frustration. Have also emailed and have had no response via that either. I am at a loss as to what to do.

whatsmypassword

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whatsmypassword

Bought these last time around and they are great. Use them everyday. I threw away all my old stuff in favor of these.

socks.mark

quality posts: 5 Private Messages socks.mark

I'm holding out for the non-BPA-free. I've got a relative that would die for some tupperware.

grasshopper2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grasshopper2

I had 2 broken lids and one lock broken off tupperware my last order. I'll dig up the order number and contact woot since some of you had luck with that.

Would like some larger sizes but small sizes great for kids and hubby's lunches and chopped up spices etc.

Everything but 2 huge tupperwares I keep in one large drawer in the kitchen. I keep the lids on every tupperware and stack them up accounting to size & shape. In my old house I did the same in a cabinet. Totally worth it- it takes a only a second I grap the tupperware I need. I see the cluster of disaster in the drawers at my moms and inlaws and stay far away when it's time to package up leftovers!

dracornin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracornin

I've got a friend who owns this set and loves it; amazon has the set (not the holiday colors but the 32 peice set) for twice the price...sorta a no brainer.

...also, yah, sure some of them are little, but the perfect size for post op bariatric patients or even for kids lunches!

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages prissyrabbit

I have several sets of Lock & Lock. I like them, but I use the glass Lock & Lock sets way more often. (I use glass storage because I don't have to worry about sticking them in the microwave and having the inside of the container bubble up or be stained permanently) These do keep food fresh and are air tight. Yes, these are hard to get open sometimes because the lid snaps on so tight.

The reason I won't buy this set is because it is not nest able. Lock & Lock does have sets now that are nest able. This set is not one of them. I need cabinet space more than I need more Lock & Lock.

As far as the tiny round containers.... I end up using those for storing things other than food. I do a lot of beading, so I use the small ones to hold beads/items I am using for a particular project that I have started but not finished yet. I put all the supplies I need for that one project in the container so I don't have to dig everything out later when I get back to it. I also use them to "manage" my portion size when it comes to foods (like desserts). Much easier to eat less if you have it in an individual container that will hold only a small amount (and don't allow yourself to grab 4 containers at a time!)

I have read some people use the small containers to hold things in the garage (small parts, screws, etc.) They are not see-thru, so that may not work for some people.

So overall, it is a personal preference issue. They are nice containers. But pay attention to the size and make sure they will work for your needs. If you have arthritis, or if your hands are on the weaker side, you may want to pass on these.

HarryLeeSmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HarryLeeSmith

These make great Geocaches!!

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

It pains my heart to know that 90% of these that sell will be holding some kind of unidentifiable, leftover goo, and be put to sit in the back of the fridge for three months, rather than storing such delectable deserts, as are pictured...

CinciTech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CinciTech
wrevis wrote:Got these the last time they were up.

I like them. They are well made and work ok.

HOWEVER THEY ARE VERY SMALL!

Look at the dimensions... most of these aren't good for storing more than a small leftover.

These aren't good for packing lunch, etc. They are good for packing desert and very small leftovers.

Now that I think about it, this set may be better for storing spices, rather than food.

I, too got these the last Woot had them. I had hopes of storing sugar, flour, pancake mix, etc in them. All but two containers are too small for this, so I'm glad I went in for 3. As for the quality, I have zero complaints. Just need more tiny things to store. Works great for leftovers and such.

schoolmom1852

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schoolmom1852

Bought my first Lock&Lock sets from here a while ago. Just bought two more of these. MARVELOUS for packing lunches. This is a bargain!!!

jondoble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jondoble

Picked up some for my wife. Missed out the last couple times a Lock&Lock set was offered here on Woot. Got lucky this time.

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

I own these & they really are of high quality & I recommend them

thorntonblake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thorntonblake

we got the orange set a few months back and really like it. Ordered a The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) more yesterday from the website directly. It's really good stuff.

sharonkay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharonkay
molecularchristine wrote:Debating if would be superior for mailing cookies than a typical cookie tin.

I wouldn't think anything plastic would survive as a shipping package.

driley43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages driley43

I'm assuming these are not dishwasher safe? I would hand wash but I know the rest of the family would throw them in the dishwasher.

msinger63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msinger63

Love my Lock & Locks! I own a slew of them...these are for my daughter who just got her own place. Other storage containers got nothing on them...just buy em!

Toddstarsx02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toddstarsx02

Worst Woot After! Not far behind the ridiculous Woot-Off! Worst Christmas Woot-Off that I have seen since I've been a Wooter!

spareshan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spareshan

If you're going to buy Lock & Lock, BUY THEM FROM WOOT. Do NOT buy directly from Lock & Lock. I placed an order on 11/22 and have heard nothing from them -- No product, no shipping notice, nothing. No response to multiple emails and phonecalls to their customer service, and their facebook page is filled with similar complaints (and are being deleted by their admin). The containers are AWESOME. The company is NOT AWESOME AT ALL.

fistpittingnork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fistpittingnork

After having a cup of milk leak out of a twist-on Ziploc storage container onto, and into, my leather seats on my way to work, I bought a set of these at my local grocery store.

They have many sizes available, with the larger ones sitting at $10/each. I use the 15 oz tubs for milk and for side dishes. We wash these in the dishwasher, I rarely microwave in them, but after about a year of weekly use, they're all still good as new.

Tough, durable plastic and you can rest assured your leather seats will be milk-free with the seal these containers offer.

vanhecht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vanhecht

I have one and I love it. It still suffers from the tomato sauce flaw. Not nearly as bad as thinner walled containers but still a bit. Leaves those rough spots where the oils from spaghetti love to hide out. Would still reccommend them by far!

captainpooka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainpooka

Santa's going to be a happy man this Christmas.

BraveReality

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BraveReality

Only set of containers you'll ever need

Mydnyte

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Mydnyte
swingbozo wrote:Check the manufacturers warranty. We had one bad lid. They asked us to take a picture of it and just email the picture. Got a new lid within reasonable shipping time.

I like these, but the problem is the other one is into so many silly containers I simply hate it. Pick a container so I can throw out all of our ziploc vacuum bags, ziploc toss away boxes, pyrex, whatever. I've got three drawers full of three different container systems. I've started just covering everything with tin foil because I don't want to spend 20 minutes finding lids.

Honey, I love you to death, but PICK ONE STUPID STORAGE SYSTEM AND ALLOW ME TO RECYCLE ALL OF THE OTHER ONES SO WE CAN GET SOME STORAGE BACK.

Hear hear! We cringe at my house when we're going to open the door to the "plastic storage dungeon" in the hopes that everything doesn't come tumbling out from the kids just throwing them in there after they're washed.

Over FOUR HUNDRED Woots and counting.....

Mydnyte

dmaz wrote:It pains my heart to know that 90% of these that sell will be holding some kind of unidentifiable, leftover goo, and be put to sit in the back of the fridge for three months, rather than storing such delectable deserts, as are pictured...

True - but with the sealing quality of the Lock & Lock, you won't be smelling the goo as much as you would with the disposable brands!

voovfeegbean

quality posts: 4 Private Messages voovfeegbean

HA! My husband flips out too.

These are the best storage containers I have ever owned. Tip them any way you please, they will not spill. Drop them, the top will not pop off.

I have one that is not so great at the airlock idea, but one of many (!!) is not a bad rep. And the "bad" one is 6 sided so...

You can find these at qvc -- at least that is where I got my first set (and 2nd, and 3rd). I agree that these are too small, except perhaps for crafters or nuts and bolts?

Excellent product, 5 stars!

Mydnyte

prissyrabbit wrote:The reason I won't buy this set is because it is not nest able. Lock & Lock does have sets now that are nest able. This set is not one of them. I need cabinet space more than I need more Lock & Lock.

And that's the million dollar question - how many people who have nestable storage containers REALLY continue to nest them after they use them for the first few times???

tatterbits

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tatterbits

Finally.. been wanting to get these and kept missing them on woot!, sellout!woot, dealswoot! etc.. and I got to use my coupon... YAY. Now I can replace all my icky plastic containers... and at a fantastic price too!!!!

stever89

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stever89

So after all the excitement yesterday, we're reduced to an all day sale of tupperware?

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
frainstorm wrote:Ha! I thought that was Broke Johnson that had just finished Christmas shopping.

Turns out it was Brooke, so I guess she still has some money left. Go for broke, Brooke, and shop till you drop. Even when Target closes, Woot! is still open.

Don't scare us like that, I hate hearing about Broke Johnson. Thankfully there is medication for those sort of things!

jamesbutabi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesbutabi

I bought the smaller set of the same brand recently from woot. Good quality items. I used many of them for geocaching. The remaining pieces were great for sealing in food and keeping it fresh.

lcw121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lcw121

Love these. They really do seal in liquids and keep food fresher, longer than the containers I had before. The only drawback is that they don't nest for storage.

Mydnyte

lcw121 wrote:Love these. They really do seal in liquids and keep food fresher, longer than the containers I had before. The only drawback is that they don't nest for storage.

These don't, but they have sets that do nest properly.

The question is - how many people actually go to the trouble of nesting them after the first few uses of the ones in the middle of the nest...