TomVogel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomVogel

The battteries may be great but I ordered AA and received AAA. Not what I ordered and I was very careful to make sure I had ordered the correct ones.

Tom

motleypixel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motleypixel

Someone said these are good in a slingshot, well this is most certainly true, about the only thing they are good for.

Got mine in yesterday. My order consisted of 3 packs of 20 AA and 3 packs of 20 AAA. I dived into a pack of the AA and I knew right off from the weight/density of these batteries I was "took" on this deal. The batteries are super light, about half the weight of my eneloop AA NiMh batteries. These are the kind you find in the cheap $1 electronic gadgets from China.

So I slapped two of them in the son's digital Canon camera and w/in seconds the camera was squawking to replace the batteries and then died. Humm...so I took out my fluke multimeter and the no-load voltage measured 1.6VDC...seems good to me, but it was the load that zaps these batteries. I tried the whole damn pack and that are all crap. Even tried other devices aka my Canon Speedlite 580EX...wouldn't even charge up for one flash.

Never did an RMA with Woot, hope I can for these.

-Roy

GIJoe196th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GIJoe196th
wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Fuji Extra Long Life Heavy-Duty Batteries - 60 Pack
$5.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

I ordered AA and was sent AAA, whats up with that??

buellwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buellwoot

2x AA's last 2:03 minutes in the flip video ultra hd & it shuts off without warning....green laser pointer barely comes on with 2x AAA's . Looks like I have a 10 yr supply of remote batteries. Hopefully my 8" android tab will makeup the difference.

davidgluck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidgluck

Once fooled - your bad;
twice fooled - my bad.
These Fuji batteries are Chinese crap; old technology and only 3 years remaining shelf life (compared to 7 years with good American batteries).
Lost my faith and trust in Woot.
NO MORE WOOT FOR ME.
You get what you pay for.

rickandbubbadriver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickandbubbadriver

I bought these batteries off this website and I must tell you....they are garbage. Don't waste your time. I put them in my camera, took 10 pictures and they were dead.

niks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages niks

I wonder if any of the people that were so enthusiastic about their purchase and defended the purpose of these batteries will come back here to praise them, once received ;-))

And now comes apparent the real meaning of why these are bad for landfills - because they will go there without ever serving a purpose...

dreamz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamz

Well, I bought 'em, but they sure weren't packaged well. In fact, they rolled loose inside the box they were shipped in along with the ratty and torn original packaging. I hope they work! If not, at least it wasn't an expensive loss.

nemosomen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemosomen
rickandbubbadriver wrote:I bought these batteries off this website and I must tell you....they are garbage. Don't waste your time. I put them in my camera, took 10 pictures and they were dead.

I put these in my camera just to prove you wrong. Turned the camera on, and it told me to replace the batteries as soon as I turned it on. Took two pictures, camera died. I literally l'd ol. I just hope they last well in my wii controllers, which is what I really intend to use them on.

Edit: Warmed them up in my hand for a while (The package was on my doorstep, and the batteries were pretty cold) and was able to take 30 more. Still not phenomenal by any stretch of the imagination, but much better.

budmccorkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages budmccorkle

Do you have shipping information on this order

motleypixel

nemosomen wrote:I put these in my camera just to prove you wrong. Turned the camera on, and it told me to replace the batteries as soon as I turned it on. Took two pictures, camera died. I literally l'd ol. I just hope they last well in my wii controllers, which is what I really intend to use them on.

Edit: Warmed them up in my hand for a while (The package was on my doorstep, and the batteries were pretty cold) and was able to take 30 more. Still not phenomenal by any stretch of the imagination, but much better.

Yea that's the ticket, keep'em warm and you can get an extra 28 pictures from your digi-cam.

Folks, email woot and request an RMA. They gave me an RMA and I shipped them back in their original packaging for $6...At least now woot only screwed me over on $6 and time wasted.

moserk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moserk
aaa121 wrote:you mean $11 for 60...why do folks seems to forget to include the shipping???

I bought 3 sets of 60, shipping was only $5 for the whole order.

180 batteries for $23 is about 13cents each. Pretty good deal in my book.

toxictom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toxictom

received batteries on Monday tried them Tuesday bought 6-6pks tried opened 2 pks and the batteries were all DEAD!

kathynew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathynew

DEAD RIGHT OUT OF BOX!!! Total RIPOFF. Disappointed in Woot for this one :-(

RubberbandGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RubberbandGirl

Well, THAT sucked. Started using the "Extra Long Life" Fuji batteries on Christmas Eve, which turned out to be a HUGE mistake. I put two AA in my camera and they died almost immediately, so I had to use my mother-in-law's camera to take pics but I've none of my own. Then I went around the track this afternoon with a single Fuji AAA battery in my Playaway and it kept dying so much I ended up doing half my usual laps. I noticed when I got them that the cardboard on the containers were frayed, as if they had gotten wet and dried again (probably should've been my first clue there was a problem). The WOOT box the six packs of batteries were shipped in was undamaged, so I'm guessing they were like this when they left WOOT HQ. Who do I talk to about a refund?

tleverenz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tleverenz

I was supposed to get on order of AA and one order of AAA but I got all AAA.

What happened?

dshag1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dshag1

Total, absolute, garbage! Awful, don't last, they are really are worse than no batteries, you know they are not going to last more then 2 mins.

Total waste of money and very disappointed that they were even offered. Can't imagine these would be useful for anything at all except the notion of having batteries.

I love the smell of 'woot' in the morning.

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
dshag1 wrote:Total, absolute, garbage! Awful, don't last, they are really are worse than no batteries, you know they are not going to last more then 2 mins.

Total waste of money and very disappointed that they were even offered. Can't imagine these would be useful for anything at all except the notion of having batteries.

They're only good in low-drain or seldom-used devices. Examples include smoke detectors, radios, clocks, remote controls, and certain types of flashlights.

Remote controls is by far the most common use, as these are the type of batteries that are already included with most remotes.

craig1953

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craig1953

I must say, I felt I'd been Wooted over with these... every one of the batteries were dead as door nails. Voltage measured about 1.4 VDC on most, less on some and few got up to 1.5, which means they were DOA. New-ish batteries should test around 1.75 volts with no load.

I sent in for an RMA and now am totally Wootified! Complete refund and no need to return the junky batteries.

THANKS WOOT!!!

motleypixel

craig1953 wrote:I must say, I felt I'd been Wooted over with these... every one of the batteries were dead as door nails. Voltage measured about 1.4 VDC on most, less on some and few got up to 1.5, which means they were DOA. New-ish batteries should test around 1.75 volts with no load.

I sent in for an RMA and now am totally Wootified! Complete refund and no need to return the junky batteries.

THANKS WOOT!!!

Well I wasn't so lucky. I paid $18.48 for 30AA and 30AAA and they were all bad. Did an RMA and paid $8.50 to ship them back. Then I got a $6.38 (partial) refund...white tundra frost?

mckemie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mckemie

I further confirm these batteries are crap. A good pair of batteries normally run our camera for 20-40 pictures; two sets of the Fujis ran the camera for ZERO and four pictures.

Linksys notebook adapters 11/30/05
WD 250 gig HD 1/11/06
2 gig USB drives 1/3/07
Jumbo universal remote 2/12/08
eMachines Notebook 1/28/09
Seagate FreeAgent Dockstar 6/23/10

rduckjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rduckjr

Hey . . . . Woot People . . Folks in Charge.................

When am I gonna get my batteries??????????

It's been 18 days now. In Alabama we call this BS!!!!!!!!!!

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

rduckjr wrote:Hey . . . . Woot People . . Folks in Charge.................

When am I gonna get my batteries??????????

It's been 18 days now. In Alabama we call this BS!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked the tracking and I think it's safe to assume it was lost. Please email us at service@woot.com and we'll help you out.

ek1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ek1

I agree with just about everyone else on the topic of these crap batteries. I had ordered a bunch of stuff from Woot for xmas and figured 1/2 of it needed batteries, so I ordered 60 AA batteries. Yes, I said AA, not AAA. But what came was the wolf in sheep's clothing - AAA batteries enrobed in a AA plastic casing. Not kidding. Took them out of the pack and they're about 1/2 the weight a normal AA should be.

These are a complete scam and Woot never should have been selling them. To the guy in Arkansas or Alabama whose batteries were lost for 18 days - consider yourself lucky. Cancel your order and get a refund from Woot on these worthless things. Save yourself some money and go get some Duracell's at Costco or Sam's.

Shame on you, Woot.

spartacus1138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartacus1138

I run sound equipment that eats through many batteries and these batteries have been terrible for me.

They are a little bit SHORTER than standard batteries. So if your devices springs are not very big, the connection may not work.

They do not tend to last longer than any other battery that I have used in my wireless sound equipment.

genhere

quality posts: 1 Private Messages genhere
spartacus1138 wrote:They are a little bit SHORTER than standard batteries. So if your devices springs are not very big, the connection may not work.

This is the exact problem that I'm having. The AAAs I got work fine, but the AAs are too short to power up my battery eating camera - the whole reason I bought them.

rockyj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockyj

First, got these beauties about a month after I ordered them. I get it, $5 shipping isn't synonymous with fast. Second, these batteries feel very light and cheap, not sure how they will hold up. Considering kids toys these days, however with the screws in and out of things, the last thing I want to do is lock a battery into a toy that will only last for a day. I suppose time will tell. Third, in the travels prior to the package’s arrival on my front door the batteries fell out of their packaging, making it appear as ‘battery soup’ upon opening the box, not so appetizing. And due to their new found freedom two batteries managed to escape from the box. So after all that, I’m missing two AA batteries from my order. Needless to say, not a happy woot’er this am.

chibistar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chibistar

Was excited to use these in some low drain devices, however they literally last maybe an hour before dieing. Not sure if they are all practically dead already or if they are just that bad. Pretty disappointed with these batteries.

keilola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keilola

these batteries are horrible! think about it, $5 for 60 batteries....you get what you pay for.

motherwright

quality posts: 0 Private Messages motherwright

Really short life span on these batteries, and I bought 2....so I now have to go through 120 batteries.

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

Ours seem to last a lot longer than other people's, and I have 2 small kids with lot electronic toys. This was a fantastic ceal - even if they last half as long as the big brands, you are still way ahead of the game!

jojoclick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jojoclick

These batteried are terrible. Don't waste your money. They would not work in my point and shoot camera.

jojoclick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jojoclick
motleypixel wrote:Someone said these are good in a slingshot, well this is most certainly true, about the only thing they are good for.

Got mine in yesterday. My order consisted of 3 packs of 20 AA and 3 packs of 20 AAA. I dived into a pack of the AA and I knew right off from the weight/density of these batteries I was "took" on this deal. The batteries are super light, about half the weight of my eneloop AA NiMh batteries. These are the kind you find in the cheap $1 electronic gadgets from China.

So I slapped two of them in the son's digital Canon camera and w/in seconds the camera was squawking to replace the batteries and then died. Humm...so I took out my fluke multimeter and the no-load voltage measured 1.6VDC...seems good to me, but it was the load that zaps these batteries. I tried the whole damn pack and that are all crap. Even tried other devices aka my Canon Speedlite 580EX...wouldn't even charge up for one flash.

Never did an RMA with Woot, hope I can for these.

-Roy

Let me know if you can return them.

66Impala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 66Impala

These things are CRAP. I bought dozens of these in one order and am feeling the chump. I've used more of these worthless batteries in 3 weeks than I've used Duracell's in 6 years. One AA battery lasts but 9 days in two separate mice; one of which is 6 months old (claims a year of use on one battery) and rather miserly in juice use.
If these FUJI batt's ever show up on Woot again, skip 'em and look for something far better; say a Duracell, would be worth the extra money.

gwbaker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gwbaker

Whew, these batteries SUCK!!!

An Duracell lasts two months in my car's alarm/remote start remote. These things last a little more than a week.

YES, I do know these are heavy duty and are not alkaline so they are not supposed to last as long, but geez 1/8th of an akaline. No more heavy duty for me!!!

Old Chinese Guy Say: Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

jazmatician

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazmatician
anacozero wrote:Heavy duty battieries aren't very useful in high powered electronics. But 60 batteries is a good lifetime supply for your tv remotes.

Except unlike Alkaline batteries, zinc-chloride batteries have about a 2-year shelf life.

tsilba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsilba

They only last a day or two during normal use.

wootntyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootntyou

Absolute garbage.....Woot should give a credit to anyone who bought these. These are not even Bag o crap worthy. How do I return them?

alexc79936

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexc79936

These batteries are worse than any store brand I have ever bought. They die out quickly.

pculberson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pculberson

None of these batteries work for me. My camera stays on for about 60 seconds and then turns off. I got a dud pack. Can Woot either send me another set or reimpurse me?