WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's that time of year again, when everyone comes together to focus on the things that truly matter: The Consumer Electronics Show! And this year, let's remember to keep the CONSUMER in Consumer Electronics Show. Anyway, we here at Woot will be heading to Las Vegas for our annual exercise in expense account fraud, but this year we figured we'd try something a little different: this year we thought we'd try preparing.

We're putting out the call. Are you going to be at CES? Then let's get together! We want to hear from you if you'll be at the convention with a product to demonstrate, a party we can crash, a spokesman you'd like us to interview, or press credentials we can abuse. If you've got a CES-related event and want Woot there delivering snarky, irrelevant coverage then hit up the Woot Writers on Twitter. Let us know what you've got going on and how we can "enhance" it. (I put "enhance" in quotes because really I meant "mooch off of it." But seriously, we'll interview you and junk.)

And if you're heading to CES in a geek blogger capacity, stay tuned for a special opportunity to become a Woot Writer For a Day!

Are you excited for CES and our annual avalanche of coverage? Planning on going yourself? Want to suggest something we should cover? Don't give a damn about the whole thing and just came here to complain about an order or something? Let's talk about it in the comments!

heady1313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heady1313

I WISH I WAS GOING DANG IT!I HAVE TO SAVE MY $ FOR VIDCON 2012. I'M A PARTNER ON YOUTUBE... BUT HEY IF YOU WANT TO SPONSOR ME I'M GAME! FULL WOOT VLOGGING ON MY CHANNEL! JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE, FEEL FREE TO TROW IT BACK.

tofast4u0609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tofast4u0609

Definitely check out CEA's Innovation Movement at CES. They're supporting innovation-focused policies in Congress. (www.declareinnovation.com)

See you all there!

colindean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colindean

I'll be there as press.

NilObject

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NilObject

I'm going, part of the team that makes the official mobile application.

Who needs a signature?

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

Why couldn't yous guys have done this LAST year, when I was there???

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

SBCJester21 wrote:Why couldn't yous guys have done this LAST year, when I was there???

We did! I think we've been there every year for as long as I can remember.

edit: LINK NOW WORKS so embarrassed

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

ncsuwolf96

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ncsuwolf96

I will be there. My first CES, so I am looking forward to it. Any tips for a newb other than visiting the Woot booth?

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
Slydon wrote:We did! I think we've been there every year for as long as I can remember.

lol. Your link just opens up this blog...

Anyway, i KNOW yous guys were there, as I was summoned there by Jason and Matthew, as documented here:
SBC-Jester21 @ CES 2011 (Be sure to scroll down to see all the pictures of Vlad with hot booth babes!)

But what I meant was, why didn't you guys have this fan promotion LAST year, when I could've cashed in on it :oÞ

Though, Matthew did make a video blog with me in it... so I guess I can't complain too much... (and I won a w00t-able Award too!)

uncle pennybags

quality posts: 13 Private Messages uncle pennybags

I'll be going again this year. Sadly, I'm neither a vendor with a product or any kind of press/blogger.

So yet again I plan to wear Woot shirt daily & be unilaterally ignored by Woot, much like ever other year. (One year I had funny pictures & video taken of me, but sadly none made it to the website.

Maybe this year I'll go on the offensive with the screaming monkeys! Yes! I'll create a power outage, then use my night vision goggles and hunt Woot staff without mercy!!!! Or I'll just stand in line nicely and get my monkey like everyone else.

DM85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DM85

I've got a Press Pass to CES next year again. Nothing like 7 days of CES!!

innergie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages innergie

I will be there supporting my employer, Fremont based - Innergie. We are part of Delta Products Corporation, the world's largest power supplier.

Innergie sells mobile power devices that can be used in your car, home office or on an airplane. We power up almost 10,000+ USB based devices.

Contact me for a demonstration of our newest products (Power Cell, Magic Cable Duo, Magic Cable Trio as well as the five bundled combo packs). Check us out: www.myinnergie.com

Peace!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

do you need a chaperone for the off hours?

SkyyPunk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SkyyPunk

Didn't notice you last year (pic is from 2010) but we will try to find you again!

I go each year to report/take photos/video for a tech news site; always a blast!

pik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pik

I will be there.... Floor and high-end audio floors in the Venitian. 23rd CES Ina row. No press creds though. Happy to cause trouble. :-D