+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: My least favorite guy to encounter while driving is...
  • 14.9% - the no blinker guy. 548
  • 4.3% - the leaves his blinker on guy. 158
  • 63.8% - the cuts me off and then goes super slow guy. 2340
  • 4% - the passes me on a double line guy. 148
  • 6.2% - the stops at a stop sign the last possible second scaring the crap out of me guy. 226
  • 6.8% - the not on this list guy (I’ll tell you about him in the comments). 248
3668 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

wangowezz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wangowezz

I hate the proverbial guy. That fruit cake.

NavyStore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NavyStore

The guy in the lowered Chevette, with the $1000 stereo ($900 for an amp & sub), who cuts me off and weaves through traffic like a running back headed for the goal posts!

This is why my Jeep should have a .50 cal mounted on top of it!

Jdedwardssfca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jdedwardssfca

the gangster with a badge and a gun in the black and white car guy.

thilderbrand20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thilderbrand20

The guy that slowly comes to a complete stop before turning right on green lights and into shopping centers or driveways.

Liz C

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Liz C

The jackass riding my tail on the interstate, especially in heavy traffic, forcing me to slow down to 25 miles an hour and fight the need to stop completely, jump out of my car, and beat the crap out of him - sending me to jail and him possibly to the hospital, or me to the hospital and then to jail depending on how big he is.

akivaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akivaj

I would have picked option 3 ("the cuts me off and then goes super slow guy.") but then I saw the last option and decided to elucidate thusly:
The guy who cuts me off and goes super slow in the fast lane.

-Super Crochety.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

The guy who hits my car and then lies about what happened. Gives different versions to the police and to his insurance company.

thisniss

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thisniss

I have three (in order of awfulness):

1. The Bumper Rider in School Zone
2. The Passer on the Shoulder
3. Mr. I Drive a Hybrid, So I Can Be Obnoxious with Impunity

Seeing more and more of #3 lately.

fizzburn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fizzburn

the KID who cuts me off after dark.... while driving a dark car with no headlights... scaring the holy crap out of me (it's for sale on ebay, by the way)

akivaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akivaj
akivaj wrote:I would have picked option 3 ("the cuts me off and then goes super slow guy.") but then I saw the last option and decided to elucidate thusly:

At that point I wish I had Q on the payroll, either one, really, since both could beef up my car, although only one could send the aforementioned guy to Borgspace....

-Super Crochety.

FredFairOaks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FredFairOaks

The Dude in number 2 lane who realizes at the last minute this is his Interstate Exit and he gonna make it even if it means running me off the road.

b1uemoondragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b1uemoondragon

People that don't know how to merge onto the freeway.

Also, assuming I can pick on pedestrians as well... Bicyclist don't realize they have to obey traffic signs and jay-walkers who appear to assume they have the right-of-way when they walk onto a busy street.

PyroLogik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PyroLogik

The ones that are not guys...

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

The person that has to constantly cut in and out of traffic when it's obvious that no lanes are faster than any other lanes. And so you keep passing him in traffic and he has to keep being as fast as possible. And then he cuts you off to get in front of you for a few more yards and changes lanes again. And still ends up behind you. And rinse and repeat.

AlexShibata

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlexShibata

The guy who tailgates me then when I move over to let him pass he drives the same speed next to me.

dkmason1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkmason1

None of the above. The poll was alright. Limited choices vis a vis the sheer variation of road chilling zephyrry available in real life, but still cool.

dkmason1

AlexShibata wrote:The guy who tailgates me then when I move over to let him pass he drives the same speed next to me.

I was in front of that jerk yesterday. :-)

dkmason1

Discord wrote:The person that has to constantly cut in and out of traffic when it's obvious that no lanes are faster than any other lanes. And so you keep passing him in traffic and he has to keep being as fast as possible. And then he cuts you off to get in front of you for a few more yards and changes lanes again. And still ends up behind you. And rinse and repeat.

*shame* I'm sometimes that guy...

margatuti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages margatuti

The recreational braker. Always out in force when anything more than a light rain hits the Pacific Northwest. You would think it didn't rain here 300 days a year. Ah -- but usually it's a light mist -- or a drizzle. If it actually RAINS -- then panic sets in. I get IN FRONT of nervous Ned or Nelly on the freeway -- so when the chain reaction accident they cause happens I'm in the clear.

dkmason1

FredFairOaks wrote:The Dude in number 2 lane who realizes at the last minute this is his Interstate Exit and he gonna make it even if it means running me off the road.

He cut me off this morning!

dkmason1

Jdedwardssfca wrote:the gangster with a badge and a gun in the black and white car guy.

LMAO!

dkmason1

Liz C wrote:The jackass riding my tail on the interstate, especially in heavy traffic, forcing me to slow down to 25 miles an hour and fight the need to stop completely, jump out of my car, and beat the crap out of him - sending me to jail and him possibly to the hospital, or me to the hospital and then to jail depending on how big he is.

This entire thread is to me, intensely cathartic. I thought I was alone! :-)

dkmason1

akivaj wrote:I would have picked option 3 ("the cuts me off and then goes super slow guy.") but then I saw the last option and decided to elucidate thusly:

Kudos, Akivaj. That particular maneuver is not just inconsiderate, it's also quite dangerous. And infuriating. Especially infuriating...

jbwhitsell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbwhitsell

The guy that puts on his brakes and slows down..... then turns on his blinker. A blinker is to tell us what you are going to do BEFORE you do it. Numbscull!!

jsvend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsvend

"The guy who drives 5-10mph under the speed limit guy" >.>

sshimmin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sshimmin

The guy in front of me who is going under 45mph on the on-ramp while merging onto a freeway.

locotodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locotodd

the gut who weaves in and out of traffic, tailgates, is constantly speeding 10 -15 mph over the limit, never uses his blinker - and gives me a ticket for going 5 MPH over the speed limit

cracker2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cracker2

the passes on a double line then goes really slow and stops at the last second at a stop sign guy

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess

If you are going to pull out of a side road onto the 4 lane highway in front of me, you need to start hauling ass before I catch up with you! Otherwise I'm going to have to switch lanes really fast, so either wait or move it!

Hate that guy!

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

superstargoddess

locotodd wrote:the gut who weaves in and out of traffic, tailgates, is constantly speeding 10 -15 mph over the limit, never uses his blinker - and gives me a ticket for going 5 MPH over the speed limit

Hmm, I don't go more than 4 over the speed limit and I haven't had a ticket for 10 years. -knock on wood-

So fuhqued up.

superstargoddess

FredFairOaks wrote:The Dude in number 2 lane who realizes at the last minute this is his Interstate Exit and he gonna make it even if it means running me off the road.

Heh, I only do that when I'm out of town and in a big city so I don't get lost. :P

So fuhqued up.

bumfromjersey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumfromjersey

The driver who is talking/texting/emailing/playing games on their cell phone.

ajverret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajverret

Let's not forget the "I drive slowly all day in the passing lane" guy and the worst sub human of all . . . The F#%€£NG TOUR DE FRANCE OUTFIT WEARING CYCLIST THAT RIDES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD HOLDING UP FIFTY CARS ON A NARROW ROAD GUY!!!!! (Great subject by the way -lots of passion around this subject out there!)

hikerjohnd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hikerjohnd
ajverret wrote:Let's not forget the "I drive slowly all day in the passing lane" guy and the worst sub human of all . . . The F#%€£NG TOUR DE FRANCE OUTFIT WEARING CYCLIST THAT RIDES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD HOLDING UP FIFTY CARS ON A NARROW ROAD GUY!!!!! (Great subject by the way -lots of passion around this subject out there!)

Ugh! Cyclists who dont obey the rules of the road are the worst! I live in Savannah and there have been several students hit by cars/tour busses lately. I'd like to see anyone over the age of 16 have to have bicycle license to ride on city streets (and keep kids under 16 in parks/neighborhoods or something)

sykl0ps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sykl0ps
thilderbrand20 wrote:The guy that slowly comes to a complete stop before turning right on green lights and into shopping centers or driveways.

Yeah, that guy, ugh.

brutalpc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brutalpc

Definitely without a doubt the "Stop once in the middle of the round-about to let other people in Guy"

tzstlouis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tzstlouis

Rural two lane road guy who comes AT me in MY lane.
I think we need a public service campaign to remind folks the center line on a two lane is there to say "my side, YOUR side". Seems to be a difficult thing to remember around here. Every morning is a deadly adventure.

nonperson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nonperson
hikerjohnd wrote:Ugh! Cyclists who dont obey the rules of the road are the worst! I live in Savannah and there have been several students hit by cars/tour busses lately. I'd like to see anyone over the age of 16 have to have bicycle license to ride on city streets (and keep kids under 16 in parks/neighborhoods or something)

I agree completely around here none of the cyclists follow the laws of the road. I think they should have to register and get license plates and pay vehicle taxes just like the rest of us that want to use the road.

rich7457

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rich7457

The lazy-a$$ guy (or gal) who is usually on the phone and continually occupies the left lane but seldom passes anyone. Does knowing the phrase "Keep right except to pass" date me?