4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Smooth Fitness 5.65 Folding Treadmill
$799.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Roostalee

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee

Great sweater dryer!!

Potrzebie!

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless

I love these pieces of exercise equipment whose maximum weight limit is LESS than most overweight adult men, lol.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Product Video

that was fun while it lasted!

njkrut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njkrut

Amazon Price: $956.45

Seems like a pretty good deal all around. It's first time on woot but treadmills don't seem to be woot's forte...

Ryanwb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ryanwb

Whoa, (checks watch) it isn't January 1st yet - we haven't rationalized the amount of weight we've gained in 2011. By my count I still have several weeks to get my money's worth. In short, this should have been a January Woot

Good day sir

sme282

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sme282

$968.45 on Amazon - 4.5 Star rating
http://www.amazon.com/Smooth-Fitness-5-65-Folding-Treadmill/dp/B0035HEPXS

markrosenzweig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages markrosenzweig
Ryanwb wrote:Whoa, (checks watch) it isn't January 1st yet - we haven't rationalized the amount of weight we've gained in 2011 yet. By my count I still have several weeks to get my money's worth. In short, this should have been a January Woot

Good day sir

It's not Jan 1 yet, but it will be by the time this thing gets delivered.

moxxee

quality posts: 13 Private Messages moxxee

Does the running belt require lubrication or is it self-lubricating?

woot4jam

quality posts: 6 Private Messages woot4jam

Hmmm... 300 lb weight limit... perhaps It's trying to tell me something : )

Like get my butt on it before it no longer works for me... : )

amazon link: B0035HEPXS ~$950 from amazon vendors

Close to a grand on the bay...

Walmart had it at $899 months ago..

looking like a good deal here if your in the market..

-Jam

signature available upon request

FalseProphecy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FalseProphecy

If this arrives in time for Christmas I can tie some cookies on a string and set it up in front of the fireplace.

lulzsec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lulzsec

Great Bacon drying belt.
Buy it.

ahawks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ahawks

This thing is going to kill the next wootoff when it comes around.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

How is this on the joints? I don't have the money for this right now but I was looking into bikes because I don't want to destroy my knees running.

moxxee

CowboyDann wrote:How is this on the joints? I don't have the money for this right now but I was looking into bikes because I don't want to destroy my knees running.

I hear ya. Why not try an elliptical? It's much easier on the knees...

jeepinmark

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jeepinmark

$5 shipping on something this big is a bargin.

Balances out all the small crap they charge $5 shipping for.

thumperchick

quality posts: 237 Private Messages thumperchick

I'll shell out my $24/month and go to the gym. Or invest in better sneakers and run outside.

This is a good price for a decent treadmill, but I just don't see the payoff of only owning a treadmill.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 49 Private Messages pupyluvr
Roostalee wrote:Great sweater dryer!!

And the deck can support up to 300 lbs of dirty laundry.

Roostalee

CowboyDann wrote:How is this on the joints? I don't have the money for this right now but I was looking into bikes because I don't want to destroy my knees running.

I'd go for a bike or an elliptical in that case. If you have knee concerns, a treadmill isn't much better than running on the road.

Potrzebie!

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100

Great stocking stuffer!

I have to admire Woot's chutzpah for featuring such an extravagant item when most people's shopping budget is already spent -- especially in this economy.

Since this will likely not sell out, I look forward to receiving one in my next Bag of Cr.ap. Sure beats the jumbo tampon rack and Bulldog email alert I received last time.

aaa121

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aaa121

finally an item where the $5 shipping is actually a great deal!!!

hugehead83

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hugehead83

Great cat toy as well:

kovo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kovo

This is a great thing to get your wife for Christmas! There are some great deals on scales and diet pills over at deals.woot too!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
aaa121 wrote:finally an item where the $5 shipping is actually a great deal!!!

I expect all those people complaining about the shipping on the calendars to buy three of these to get back at Woot!. Come on you complainers and force Woot! to go broke shipping three treadmills for $5.

moxxee

hugehead83 wrote:Great cat toy as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1k86fWsmRE

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku
thumperchick wrote:I'll shell out my $24/month and go to the gym. Or invest in better sneakers and run outside.

This is a good price for a decent treadmill, but I just don't see the payoff of only owning a treadmill.

Fortunately, buying a treadmill doesn't limit you to just owning a treadmill!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
moxxee wrote:Does the running belt require lubrication or is it self-lubricating?

All treadmill belts will be needing lubeing during some point of their life so that the belt doesn't deteriorate as quickly.

that was fun while it lasted!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

This looks like the product website ($999.99) with reviews:

http://www.smoothfitness.ca/treadmills/smooth-565.htm

bluejester

quality posts: 559 Private Messages bluejester

I cry foul woot! I don't want to see anything to do with exercise or fitness until the turn of the year when we make all those weight loss resolutions that we never keep.

It's Christmastime, show us mail order bacon!

woot4jam

quality posts: 6 Private Messages woot4jam
moxxee wrote:I hear ya. Why not try an elliptical? It's much easier on the knees...

Speaking of which, my brother recently bought this 'travel' Elliptical:

Stamina 55-1610 InMotion E1000 Elliptical

He paid $150 but I see it is now $89, it is a small compact that he keeps in the trunk of his car as he does a good bit of travel.. takes it right up to his motel room and no fuss about if there is a gym or not.

I tried it... It was sufficient...

seams a little more reasonable than a $800 treadmill : )

-Jam

[MOD: File size on that gif was a big hefty. Funny though. Here's the link instead.]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1282136/woot/treadmill-1267210720209.gif

signature available upon request

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

Max weight of 300 lbs seems a little light, given the size of people who may want to use this machine to lose weight.

www.howlingdead.com

hekx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hekx

This is literally hundreds of dollars less than found other places...

I don't have one of my own-- so I researched some of the reviews about this item found elsewhere. It appears that the general consensus of the all-so-wise consumer panels of the world agree that it a good treadmill for the under $1000.00 dollar range. There seems to also be a built in fan that people are very fond of as well.

The $5.00 shipping that woot offers on this product is something that you will find nowhere else in all the supreme vastness of the interweb.

moxxee

bpr2 wrote:All treadmill belts will be needing lubeing during some point of their life so that the belt doesn't deteriorate as quickly.

Some of the high end models (ie Precor) don't require lubrication because it's embedded into the belt and it gradually releases onto the deck. Some lower-end models tend to require frequent lubrication and can void the warranty if it's not done!

luckbealady

quality posts: 7 Private Messages luckbealady

I love the elliptical since I can burn twice as many calories in an hour as walking on the treadmill for the same amount of time. It is also better on the joints.

I do have a treadmill at home that rarely gets used. I usually drive to the gym to use the elliptical. Maybe after the new year we will see a woot for an elliptical?

thehead71

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thehead71
woot4jam wrote:Speaking of which, my brother recently bought this 'travel' Elliptical:

He paid $150 but I see it is now $89, it is a small compact that he keeps in the trunk of his car as he does a good bit of travel.. takes it right up to his motel room and no fuss about if there is a gym or not.

-Jam

Now that's a good idea.

moxxee

woot4jam wrote:Speaking of which, my brother recently bought this 'travel' Elliptical:

-Jam

Interesting...And not to get too off-topic here, but here is an interesting concept: Elliptigo
They ARE a bit pricey; especially for those who think this tread is expensive!

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Bought this earlier this year and I personally don't use it, but my wife does. No complaints from her. The quality is not bad. I don't like items made of cheap plastics and lightweight because they are usually flimsy. This one is pretty heavy and sturdy so no regrets. I see Costco selling cheaper ones made by Reebok from time to time, but I don't know if those are any good or not. If you factor the sales tax and the hassle of transporting it to your residence. This is still the best buy for a new tread mill.

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100

Get yourself a hi-tech bike. There is no impact on the knees or any joints, and it offers resistance, which is the best form of exercise. Treadmills don't, although you can wear weights -- which unfortunately, increases the impact on your joints. Resistance is important not only for the muscles, but it also increases bone density.

I recommend a hi-tech bike only because you can have different programs, which makes exercise much more interesting. And it can optimize your goals, i.e. strength, aerobic or endurance, as well as provide feedback. Our Schwinn 140 simulates various terrains, increasing and decreasing resistance automatically while monitoring our heartrate. You can also program in two individual profiles, which helps chart progress. We got it for $200.

Roostalee

moxxee wrote:Interesting...And not to get too off-topic here, but here is an interesting concept: Elliptigo
They ARE a bit pricey; especially for those who think this tread is expensive!

Now if they can only make a treadmill that actually takes you places.

Potrzebie!