WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's Happy Snacking!, our recurring feature that teaches viewers the art and science of manufacturing delicious foodstuffs at home.

You might want to go ahead and chug some pre-emptive Pepto now to lay down a good base coat: The Internet's own Randy Cleveland is about to demonstrate how you can make a tempting batch of "No-Bake" cookies in just one easy-to-follow step. There's no place like Happy Snacking! for the holidays!

bsmith1

quality posts: 101 Private Messages bsmith1

First, you usually don’t keep the tubes frozen, but refrigerated until use.
Second, you don’t slice the tube, you roll the dough into balls and put it on the cookie sheet to bake.
In other words, yer doin’ it wrong.

Finally, Mogwai rules!

makabe

quality posts: 5 Private Messages makabe

I laughed because I *used to* eat raw cookie dough and hamburger and a bunch of other stuff when I was little away back in the 70's. That said, if you now eat it, it could KILL you.

BarfBlog had an article just last week about e-coli in the flour in nestle's cookie dough--check it out.

Dear god, I sound like my mother, except it couldn't be my mother because she was feeding me raw cookie dough, raw hamburger and undercooked chicken.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:First, you usually don’t keep the tubes frozen, but refrigerated until use.
Second, you don’t slice the tube, you roll the dough into balls and put it on the cookie sheet to bake.
In other words, yer doin’ it wrong.

Finally, Mogwai rules!

I always sliced the roll-style refrigerated dough.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cappo

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cappo
makabe wrote:(reposted pic)

Unfortunately, modern food and medical practices have resulted in much sturdier and robust versions of bacteria/viruses (virii?) than the versions which existed back in the olden days.

Just a few days ago I heard a report of a bunch of people getting sick from eating raw cookie dough.

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0

Unbelievable what Woot comes up with for their weekly videos. I'm amazed every time.

sgsax

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgsax

OK, that was mildly... disgusting...

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster

It could be easier - if you had someone to open the package for you...or maybe go to the store and buy the cookie dough and THEN open it for you.

Where are those robot slaves we were promised at the '64 Worlds Fair when you need 'em?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug

Here's my no-bake cookie recipe:

1. Find someone who bakes cookies. (Ideally, you live with or very near this person.)
2. Have them bake cookies. (Again, ideally, they just bake cookies anyway, but you may have to hint.)
3. Eat the cookies.
4. Thank them profusely. (This is the key step for consistency and repeatability.)

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

There goes Randal's Hawaiian trip IF the warnings are correct.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dave bug wrote:Here's my no-bake cookie recipe:

1. Find someone who bakes cookies. (Ideally, you live with or very near this person.)
2. Have them bake cookies. (Again, ideally, they just bake cookies anyway, but you may have to hint.)
3. Eat the cookies.
4. Thank them profusely. (This is the key step for consistency and repeatability.)

Also: holiday cookie decorating parties.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ringobob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringobob
dave bug wrote:Here's my no-bake cookie recipe:

3. Eat the cookies.

The only problem with that? You wind up eating cookies that have been baked.

Mmmmm. Cookie dough.

Bedivere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bedivere

Spoon Cookies! A college staple.

momwhitehead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momwhitehead

I see that you are wearing a wedding band. WHERE was your wife while you were being so disgusting? I think I'll go barf now.

Luxasia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Luxasia

Yeah, thats really not top secret info there. I am such a big fan of "no bake" cookies I have to make a double batch everytime I make chocolate chip cookies because I will eat half of the dough before it ever sees the inside of the oven.......

Do not follow me, I walk into walls!

tiredofkids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiredofkids

Pepto Bismal anyone? Maybe you should drink these with coffee instead of whiskey to offset the sugar comma.

Cocoloco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cocoloco

Cookie Dough... now that's Happy Snacking!!

RogerRabt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RogerRabt

I'm impressed. A 3+ minute video describing a single step feat of culinary... uhhh... yeah. Ok, maybe 2 steps with the whiskey being step one.

Best woots: 7/12/2007 3xRandom b-day carp
6/1/2007 Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
4/27/2007 Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape !Wootoff!
10/11/2006 Archos AV500 30GB Portable Media Player
7/7/2006 Magellan RoadMate 360 GPS Navigation System

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Um, yea. Probably not the best timing for this particular "Happy Snacking" episode. This month's Journal of Clinical Infectious Disease has the final findings on a multi state outbreak of toxogenic E. coli that was caused by eating raw cookie dough. For those of you interested in such things, the original MMWR issue with the report may be found here

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

When setting up our podcast schedule, we ALMOST ALWAYS check it against what's in the current Journal of Clinical Infectious Disease to avoid embarrassing coincidences like this. There was just an oversight this week. We regret the error.

undersampled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undersampled

Maybe if you mix the whiskey with the dough the alcohol would kill the E-coli?

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
undersampled wrote:Maybe if you mix the whiskey with the dough the alcohol would kill the E-coli?

I was thinking the same thing yesterday!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

A. ewwwww
B. could you just stick it in the microwave or boiling water for a bit?
C. I hope that he didn't really eat all that.

Still single, can't imagine why.

rkenimer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rkenimer
FenStar wrote:A. ewwwww

This is completely subjective. Yum.

FenStar wrote:B. could you just stick it in the microwave or boiling water for a bit?

ewwwww? Also, I don't think it would work like you expected.

FenStar wrote:C. I hope that he didn't really eat all that.

I have done this, and it is fun.

Apparently it's fashionable to have a signature.

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
FenStar wrote:
C. I hope that he didn't really eat all that.

I have it on good authority that they went through 6 rolls of cookie dough to perfect that video...

(j/k ...but if the gamer group got together, I could totally see that happening ;o)

panthiest

quality posts: 11 Private Messages panthiest
cappo wrote:Unfortunately, modern food and medical practices have resulted in much sturdier and robust versions of bacteria/viruses (virii?) than the versions which existed back in the olden days.

Just a few days ago I heard a report of a bunch of people getting sick from eating raw cookie dough.

You only think that because you keep coddling your immune system.

undersampled wrote:Maybe if you mix the whiskey with the dough the alcohol would kill the E-coli?

Your stomach is definitely the ideal place to mix it. Imagine how bad cheap cookie dough with chunks of chocolate chips would taste when 'watered' down with rye whiskey. Pretty bad right?

Somehow it actually tastes worse than that.

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim
matthew wrote:When setting up our podcast schedule, we ALMOST ALWAYS check it against what's in the current Journal of Clinical Infectious Disease to avoid embarrassing coincidences like this. There was just an oversight this week. We regret the error.

Normally who cares, but this particular article received widspread coverage. Like the more widely read Journal of the American Broadcasting Company

fldeals

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fldeals
cappo wrote:Unfortunately, modern food and medical practices have resulted in much sturdier and robust versions of bacteria/viruses (virii?) than the versions which existed back in the olden days.

Economics Teacher: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Economics Teacher: Thank you, Simone.
Simone: No problem whatsoever.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

When I saw the tube at the beginning of the video, I thought I knew what was coming. In part I did, but it was so much more than I expected.

I can't believe he (apparently) ate the whole thing. Even I can't do that in one sitting. Although I have had a Sam's Club size tub of cookie dough that never saw a temperature over 98.6 degrees. Just not all at once.