6%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1MP SLR Digital Camera with 18-55mm IS Lens
$399.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

lexian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lexian

Happy New Year, a Camera to look into the Future and to take pictures of the end of the world!!!

chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean

happy new year 2012 EVEYONE!!!!!

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>

s21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s21

Has pretty good reviews:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&q=Canon+EOS+Rebel+XS+10.1MP+SLR+Digital+Camera+with+18-55mm+IS+Lens+reviews&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1530&bih=875&ion=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14161292091999260444&sa=X&ei=qPb_TvHJEqj30gGb4LGYAg&ved=0CD0Q8wIwAQ

HarryBeanbag

quality posts: 35 Private Messages HarryBeanbag

Ah, New Years on Dallas for those Woot employees. Happy New year all. If I knew more about photography this looks like something I would get.

buggernuts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buggernuts

Happy New Year everyone! May it be a safe and prosperous year for all!

pkonold

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pkonold

Good camera. Good Price.

AMAZON LINK!

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Damn, I really wanted a basket of chicken.

Sunwoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sunwoot

This is quite an old version, the current one is the T3i, with the T4i coming out soon. They are of course much more expensive.

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

Have this camera and love it! Really good low-light capabilities for the price. Really can't beat the value. Very easy step up from the point and shoot world. Just a bit heavier. You'll not be disappointed capturing the many memories that 2012 will bring to the table!

Happy New Years WOOT!

sccrkeepr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sccrkeepr

Happy New Year everyone!

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87

The first woot of the new year! Woot woot!

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

Bandmaster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bandmaster

My girls got me this from Woot as a Christmas present. AWESOME! It was as amazing as I thought it would be!!!

Woot Woot - Strike Up The Band!!!

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

Even though Canon makes a better camera than the Pentax ones Woot has been selling lately, I am still a Nikon photographer and will have to skip this Canon.

10.1MP is so out of date for a DSLR. Current models are 16MP.

adhurt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages adhurt

Quick reminder: this camera does NOT shoot VIDEO.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..." Lazarus Long

BetterThanTheRest

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BetterThanTheRest

My first woot of 2012 is that SWEET wheatgrass hydroponic kit over at wine.woot.

Odds are, I probably already bought today's Shirt Woot... hahaha. I <3 Threadless :D If you need discounts for TL, just PM me! I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THREADLESS, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, I DO NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT THEM. I JUST LIKE GOOD LOOKING DESIGNER SHIRTS AND I LIKE PAYING GOOD PRICES !!!

mrchocolate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrchocolate
chefsean wrote:happy new year 2012 EVEYONE!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Tikaurin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tikaurin

Been using this camera for over a year. Excellent shots every time!

bunique

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunique

Bummed, no Burgandy Olfactory Center.. OH WELL, HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

redsoxbean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redsoxbean

Newegg is selling a spare battery and car charger for $11.93 + free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07R03A6797

njkrut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njkrut

Another EOS Camera at basically the same price as usual. You're looking at like $500-700 on Amazon so it's a good deal but this item is tired and only mildly popular.

PS: Happy New Year Woot! :D

jasonking0351

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jasonking0351

Does anyone know how this camera compares to my Kodak Disc camera that I currently use?

BigRedDogATL

A full review of this camera can be found at dpreview.com at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/CanonEOS1000D/

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

CNET Review: http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras/canon-rebel-xs-black/4505-6501_7-33064505.html

Decent, but this model was released in 2008. That's ancient by digital camera evolution standards.

Kufat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kufat

The price is OK if you're in a state without sales tax, but otherwise you'd probably be better off getting the Rebel T3 for $460 shipped from Abe's. The T3 replaced the XS a year ago and has higher resolution, 720p video, and a few other notable features.

Simmp5

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Simmp5

Happy New 2012 Year!!!!! Woot and all my Wooters

quick Google search shows this camera at $400-$700

https://www.google.com/search?q=Canon+EOS+Rebel+XS+10.1MP+SLR+Digital+Camera+with+18-55mm+IS+Lens&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=Canon+EOS+Rebel+XS+10.1MP+SLR+Digital+Camera+with+18-55mm+IS+Lens&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=8Oa&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=shop&ei=dvn_TpPzEcjb0QGj5cXHAg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=6&ved=0CEkQ_AUoBQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=2de55b0a1ffbc1be&biw=1280&bih=834

smittypap

quality posts: 6 Private Messages smittypap

Does this camera shoot QR codes from calendars?

Crap

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner
adhurt wrote:Quick reminder: this camera does NOT shoot VIDEO.

This is seriously very helpful for me. Dealbreaker, considering how much I shoot video with my current camera.

jasonking0351 wrote:Does anyone know how this camera compares to my Kodak Disc camera that I currently use?

Win!

gojomoso

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gojomoso

Pretty good price for this camera (specially for an SLR)

jasonking0351

I have read many online reviews and I cannot confirm that using this camera will get you into Hollywood parties with the rich and famous like it does in the commercials for Ashton Kutcher.

I can confirm that behaving like Ashton Kutcher will get you kicked out of your house however.

Roostalee

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee

I've got the big brother to this camera, the T1i, and I love Canon DSLRs! Mine does shoot video, but it ain't so great. So if you want to shoot great stills, this is a fantastic camera. If you wanna shoot video, you can shell out a lot more for another DSLR or buy a dedicated video camera, which is probably a smart move.

Potrzebie!

BigRedDogATL

jasonking0351 wrote:I have read many online reviews and I cannot confirm that using this camera will get you into Hollywood parties with the rich and famous like it does in the commercials for Ashton Kutcher.

I can confirm that behaving like Ashton Kutcher will get you kicked out of your house however.

Ashton Kutcher is a spokesperson for Nikon cameras. This is a Canon camera.

jasonking0351

BigRedDogATL wrote:Ashton Kutcher is a spokesperson for Nikon cameras. This is a Canon camera.

I know that...but the humor attempt seemed funny at the time that I typed it so I just let it roll.

Happy new year!

Narg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Narg

Damn good camera! Good price too, but I think I'd rather sink another $50 for the T3 which is the follow up to the XS.

T3 has newer Digic chip, video ability, and a newer kit lense, among other improvements.

Narg

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Narg
BigRedDogATL wrote:
10.1MP is so out of date for a DSLR. Current models are 16MP.

More MP does NOT make a better camera...

And, 18 is the current, not 16.

GenoGar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GenoGar

Well, the write up ruined my New Years spirit.

gslusher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gslusher

Adorama has this camera refurbished by Canon for $399.95 with free shipping. Woot should be selling it for $349 or less.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Happy 2012! Now onto business: As the author of the book "How To Use The Digital Camera You Just Bought," I've dealt with 100's of average photographers, and enthusiasts as well. Before you buy any camera, THINK about what you really will be shooting. If you are aiming at indoor sports shots of you kids, etc., you will need a "faster" lens with a larger aperture -or- a camera with an exceptionally high ISO.

I cannot tell you the number of people who buy these cameras and have NO concept of the relationship between lens openings, shutter speeds and ISOs. You will be able to make better choices of what camera and lens is needed for your situation if you take the time to learn these basics of photography.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

erc8bv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erc8bv
Narg wrote:Damn good camera! Good price too, but I think I'd rather sink another $50 for the T3 which is the follow up to the XS.

T3 has newer Digic chip, video ability, and a newer kit lense, among other improvements.

T3i is over $200 more. I would go for the T3i if it was only $50 more.