Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

As befits such a diverse nation, the designs on the 50 State Quarters varied wildly in quality. Some states commissioned graceful, meaningful images from talented artists. Some just popped in a royalty-free clip art CD, got bored after half an hour at Illustrator, and called it done. Aw, but ain't that America?

Below you'll find details from eight quarters, depicting history and industry, heritage and livestock. Can you name the states they represent?

Answers can be found by clicking here. Please post your answers, or arguments, below! But know this: the Trivial Eye is presented for public amusement and no prizes are offered other than that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia.

SailorSpoon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SailorSpoon

On Wisconsin!

Spoooon!

natedagrr8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natedagrr8

1. Wisconsin
2. Hawaii
3. Nebraska
4. Connecticut
5. Virginia
6. South Dakota
7. Vermont
8. Washington

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

2, 6, and 7 were pretty obvious (especially 6). I guessed right on 1 and wrong on 3 (Oregon was a good guess!).

dtristano

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtristano
craigthom wrote:2, 6, and 7 were pretty obvious (especially 6). I guessed right on 1 and wrong on 3 (Oregon was a good guess!).

How the hell was 2 obvious? Granted - 6, yes. I thought 1 was obvious.

prndl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prndl

Just got back from the Hospital. 8 stitches in my right hand. Did it trying to find State Quarters lost in the Sofa. All's I found was a broken spring. Really wish it was a Battle Scar from opening a Burgandy Olfactory Center

allegate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allegate
dtristano wrote:How the hell was 2 obvious? Granted - 6, yes. I thought 1 was obvious.

Well, possibly only obvious if you're a fan of Hawaii 5-O because they show the statue at least 5 times every episode.