LewWeil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LewWeil
bachsoffice wrote:I read a lot of on-line reviews. They almost universally say that the mop works great for 3 months and then the steam stops coming out. The problem seems to be hard water build up causing blockagee. At under $40, I thought I would take a stab at using adding a water softener or using filtered water for better results.

Just use distilled water, we have one that is over 5 years old (the first model of a Shark) and it still going strong. We bought the newer model here, for all the heads.

redjeep0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redjeep0

Seems like a good buy, based on mixed reviews, I'm in for 2. spare mop heads and a backup unit.

leigh3and2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leigh3and2

I used to have one and I liked it, but it really wore me out with having to pump it all the time. I upgraded to the Shark Vac Then Steam Mop. It vacuums hard surfaces very thoroughly, and then the same unit steams without having to pump. The cord is super long, it is very powerful, works on all of the different types of hard surfaces in my house - I love it! It's also easy enough to use for quick touch ups and not just for a big cleaning. It's worth looking into if you are interested in cleaning with steam.

2b4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2b4u

I have had a Steam Pocket for several years. I love it. I am ordering Steam Pockets for my sons today.
All the attachment heads and pockets to match are in the box (rectangular, triangular, carpet glider)

jaweno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaweno

Mop pocket i don't use it, however it seems useful. it can clean other dust?

mixergirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixergirl

"And don’t not think it couldn’t never happen to you."

Like a bad car accident. I can't stop looking at it. Or trying to figure out how it happened.

engineire

quality posts: 5 Private Messages engineire
leigh3and2 wrote:I used to have one and I liked it, but it really wore me out with having to pump it all the time. I upgraded to the Shark Vac Then Steam Mop. It vacuums hard surfaces very thoroughly, and then the same unit steams without having to pump. The cord is super long, it is very powerful, works on all of the different types of hard surfaces in my house - I love it! It's also easy enough to use for quick touch ups and not just for a big cleaning. It's worth looking into if you are interested in cleaning with steam.

Thanks leigh3and2 !
That sound like it's more down my alley. I'll check it out and see how it holds up. I almost bit on this woot but the poor reviews scared me away this time. It's a 50 - 50 chance of success here.

zzshempzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zzshempzz

Well I got one. Can't buy white anymore but I'm not worried about the color. Hope this works for a year atleast, wish me luck ha. Going to do everything to keep it going...I like the comments of things to do. :D

ffshoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ffshoe

It won't ruin your hardwoods! I have hardwoods and have never had a problem. Melt the sealer? Since when does steam melt poly? Sounds to me like you need to contact the person who sanded and finished your floors! My boyfriend owns a hardwood floor company and has never had a complaint like that!

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Shark Steam Pocket Mop has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

rmeden

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rmeden
jnevil wrote:
Shark Steam Pocket Mop has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FYI: I ordered 3. 2 Lav 1 White.

My account shows 2 tracking numbers and two lavender was delivered today.

Using the Fedex page you listed, I was able to get the tracking for the #3 white, but I didn't get an email nor is it posted to my account. I suspect white went out later.

Robert

rmeden

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rmeden

as mentioned above, I got my mop.

I'm not impressed. Doesn't put out much steam at all. Just seems to wet the pad. You have to constantly pump the handle so you can't even get a long sweeping stroke. You have to do fwd,back,fwd,back,fwd,back over say a 6" interval.

I'm not concerned about my hardwood floor.... I think the floor cleaner spray bottles put out more moisture!

Maybe their other models are better, but this seems to be a dud. What does everyone else think?

Robert

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev

I got my mop today, and I seem to be missing the triangle shaped cleaning pad. The manual sheet says that it should come with one, but it appears to be missing.

What's up with that, Woot?

I got lots of steam, though... but you gotta wait 2 minutes for it to warm up.

Iraneseth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iraneseth

Got ours today and there's no square mop-head...

squat02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squat02

Wow. Assembled it and prime pump and NO steam comes out. Attached other attachment and it doesn't come through either. I release both attachments and POOOOOFFFF the steam pressure bursts out steam. Scared this thing will explode with pressure. Anyone have any issues? I haven't used it once. Do I return through Woot? Manufacturer website wants the order number etc from their site...

firefighter981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firefighter981

Just got mine and the steam comes out from the sides...no steam comes out of the mop head at all--with either one. Bummer...contacted woot about it already.

cgunter78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgunter78

Got mine in today! LOVE it! It makes the floor super clean and shiny. I had just mopped the floors before it came in the mail today and I was amazed at how much dirt it picked up after mopping! EWWW! Great DEAL since it had two attachements and pads! Will definitely buy from WOOT again!

squat02

firefighter981 wrote:Just got mine and the steam comes out from the sides...no steam comes out of the mop head at all--with either one. Bummer...contacted woot about it already.

Where can I contact them at?

kfea1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfea1981

I was so excited to get my mop. I took it out, followed the directions, put my distilled water in it and voila...NOTHING! No steam. Tried the troubleshooting I got directly from the manufacturer and it didn't work. Very disappointed.

firefighter981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firefighter981
squat02 wrote:Where can I contact them at?

I used this address: rma@woot.com

kfea1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfea1981
squat02 wrote:Wow. Assembled it and prime pump and NO steam comes out. Attached other attachment and it doesn't come through either. I release both attachments and POOOOOFFFF the steam pressure bursts out steam. Scared this thing will explode with pressure. Anyone have any issues? I haven't used it once. Do I return through Woot? Manufacturer website wants the order number etc from their site...

Did you try soaking the attachments in hot water for 10 minutes or so. After that put a paper clip into the hole to see if it is plugged?

pksyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pksyn

I just received my order today. I pulled the mop out of the box and there was water in the resevoir. I took a closer look and there are food spots, scratches, and rub marks all over the body. I got a "used" mop instead of a "refurbished" one. Anyone else have this issue?

Rodney2123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rodney2123

I agree. this is far and away, the most useless product I have purchased from Woot. I have had good purchase experiences from Woot. This was not one of them. NO Steam- no moisture- yes there was water in it.

yiperoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yiperoo

By far, it's the worst thing I have bought from Woot.

We actually have used one of these and know how great of a product it is...but the one we got from Woot is not refurbished, it's used and abused products that are being resold.

When we first tried it, something popped and steam barely comes out. There's scratches all over the body, not just minor but very bad scuffing all over. I really wouldn't mind the cosmetics but it doesn't even work...

I want a replacement. Anyone tried calling the manufacturer like Woot recommends?

I can't believe Woot would sell products like these beat up mops...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

yiperoo wrote:By far, it's the worst thing I have bought from Woot.

We actually have used one of these and know how great of a product it is...but the one we got from Woot is not refurbished, it's used and abused products that are being resold.

When we first tried it, something popped and steam barely comes out. There's scratches all over the body, not just minor but very bad scuffing all over. I really wouldn't mind the cosmetics but it doesn't even work...

I want a replacement. Anyone tried calling the manufacturer like Woot recommends?

I can't believe Woot would sell products like these beat up mops...

I'm sorry about the condition of your mop. This one actually has a 90-day Woot warranty so please email service@woot.com so they may assist you.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

squat02

kfea1981 wrote:Did you try soaking the attachments in hot water for 10 minutes or so. After that put a paper clip into the hole to see if it is plugged?

I checked to see if hole was blocked and did stick a bobby pin in there and it went through. I also tried blowing through the attachments and no air will come out the holes where the steam should come out. Seems there is blockage somewhere where I can't reach. Possible plastic or something. Didn't try soaking them though. I already packed it up and Woot has sent me a return authorization. I am bummed because I really wanted this for quick touch ups in my high traffic areas on my porcelean tile. Boo...

squat02

firefighter981 wrote:I used this address: rma@woot.com

Thanks. Scary thing for me was that NO steam was coming out ANYWHERE so when I released the heads they FLEW off with so much force that they flew across the room. The steam shot out for a few seconds. Thank goodness no one was in front of me. I did this several times just to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong and everytime the same result. POOOOOOOFFFF! Scary.

coverstreet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coverstreet

Wow! I ordered this mop as well, my first time ordering from woot after recomendation from a friend. It appears that we are all having very similar issues. I get no steam from the mop; however the steam is coming from the top and it gets HOT! I picked it up to remove the pad to see if the steam was being trapped inside and the purple part where the water goes in burnt my hand. That should not be hot to the touch at all! I have sent 2 emails to woot and contacted the manufacturer. The manufacturer told me there was nothing they could do because they do not warrenty refurbished products.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

coverstreet wrote:Wow! I ordered this mop as well, my first time ordering from woot after recomendation from a friend. It appears that we are all having very similar issues. I get no steam from the mop; however the steam is coming from the top and it gets HOT! I picked it up to remove the pad to see if the steam was being trapped inside and the purple part where the water goes in burnt my hand. That should not be hot to the touch at all! I have sent 2 emails to woot and contacted the manufacturer. The manufacturer told me there was nothing they could do because they do not warrenty refurbished products.

I'm sorry for the problems with your mom. This has a 90-day warranty from Woot so please email service@woot.com for assistance. Explain the issues just like you did here. If you can include the order number, it will help.

Be sure to watch your email spam/junk folder for a reply if you don't see one in a reasonable amount of time.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

waywyrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waywyrd

Well shoot. Mine isn't working either, no matter how much I cuss at it.

Just emailed service, hopefully I can get another.

giggatron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giggatron

i have tile floors in the kitchen and bathrooms. kitchen started getting bad. bought a swiffer and the wet pads, but after using 3 pads and letting dry the tile would be really sticky.

bought a regular mop/bucket. still sticky after mopping.

figured what the hell and got this sucker. it steams up fast. i used distilled water from walmart. eventually ill get a better filtered pitcher for myself. anyways, i got stubborn stains off the floor incredibly quick! after 20 seconds i started pumping the steam out and got a good motion going for continuous steam. once i was done the tile looked great, and no sticky floors! ill be using this on the bathrooms next.

i wasnt able to get really close to the corners with this though, maybe with some elbow grease, but i dont care too much for that. ive seen the complaints about these dying after 3 months, but i also see comments that using vinegar through the system will avoid the hard water deposits, so ill probably make a habit of every 3rd use, put 2 caps of vinegar in the mix and letting it clear out the deposits.

teamdeskins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teamdeskins

I'm nervous! Mine should be delivered today, I ordered white (shipping took a while) - reading all these comments is pretty Disapointing! Fingers Crossed!!

jrcrum99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrcrum99

Just tried mine today. It works as promised. The only problem is that it is missing a triangular cleaning pad (but I did get two rectangular pads). It steams up just fine after about a minute and did a good job cleaning my tile and wood floors.

lancersera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lancersera

Very concerned, the shipping tracker says it was delivered today, but it was not. There was someone home all day today, it was not missed. 02927009713119283073

Now what???

hink10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hink10

Just received the steam mop. Put together and tried, plugged in and pumped as described, tried for quite some time and no steam? Any ideas?

medatom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages medatom

Received it two days ago. Filled with water and plugged in. NO STEAM. Tried different outlets but same results. Called the manufacturer and they want $19.99 for shipping and handling. What kind of company is this?. So every 3 months i got to spend $19.99 to make this working?.

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

The white unit I ordered finally arrived. The box was in perfect condition, but the main unit is on poor condition. It looks like someone tossed it out the window. It does work tho, just disappointed in the beat up condition.

bfrancis68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfrancis68

These mops are defective. I cannot believe woot would sell such garbage. It goes back today and I am done with this site for good.

CHellemn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CHellemn

Got mine a few days ago, finally got to try it out last night. Nada. No steam, no heat, no nothing. And the water drips out the front from where you pour the water in. Sucks!

I just emailed Woot, hopefully they can just pick it up and refund me like they did for the last defective item I received.

BadThad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BadThad
CHellemn wrote:Got mine a few days ago, finally got to try it out last night. Nada. No steam, no heat, no nothing. And the water drips out the front from where you pour the water in. Sucks!

I just emailed Woot, hopefully they can just pick it up and refund me like they did for the last defective item I received.

Same problem here, I just tested with distilled water and it barely produces any steam, none from around the mop head. I took of the end attachement and it barely steams at all. What a piece of junk!