todhaha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages todhaha

arrived broken. Plastic shards all over the inside of the box.

Dragonpetite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dragonpetite
pksyn wrote:I just received my order today. I pulled the mop out of the box and there was water in the resevoir. I took a closer look and there are food spots, scratches, and rub marks all over the body. I got a "used" mop instead of a "refurbished" one. Anyone else have this issue?

The water in the reservoir is standard (it's in the photocopy one-page "manual".

But the rest... I also got one that is dirty and scratched, and even has a deep gouge.

In addition, I can't get it to steam to save my life. The pad gets a little damp, but that's about it. The directions say to wait 30 sec or so (I waited 5 min) and to pump the handle 10-12 times (I pumped 50-60) and it'll steam like it does on the infomercial. Extremely disappointed, to say the least.

marcia0120

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcia0120

Just received my Shark today. Did not receive any of the pads or the rectangular mop head or the carpet glide. Haven't even tried to fire it up. I am quite apprehensive after reading all the reviews. This could be my first and last time ordering from Woot.

Clement30

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Clement30
marcia0120 wrote:This could be my first and last time ordering from Woot.

Don't let one bad experience deter you from Woot.

Besides, Woot has a 90 day warranty on it.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
marcia0120 wrote:Just received my Shark today. Did not receive any of the pads or the rectangular mop head or the carpet glide. Haven't even tried to fire it up. I am quite apprehensive after reading all the reviews. This could be my first and last time ordering from Woot.

Ack! Drop service@woot.com a line if you have not already!

I'm just hanging out, really.

GmailMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GmailMike

I noticed that on my unit, where the head connects to the body, that the plastic nipple looks all chewed up after one use. I didn't notice it before I assembled, though it might have been.

Any else?

1sillychick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1sillychick

Finally took mine out of the box and tried to use it. It will not produce steam, just drips on the floor. Contacted customer service. I am really disappointed, but it seems to be an issue with all Shark's steam mops. Should have Googled before purchasing.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

1sillychick wrote:Finally took mine out of the box and tried to use it. It will not produce steam, just drips on the floor. Contacted customer service. I am really disappointed, but it seems to be an issue with all Shark's steam mops. Should have Googled before purchasing.

I'm sorry about the problems with the mop. You have a 90-day warranty with Woot so email service@woot.com for assistance.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bringitonhome

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bringitonhome
jrcrum99 wrote:Just tried mine today. It works as promised. The only problem is that it is missing a triangular cleaning pad (but I did get two rectangular pads). It steams up just fine after about a minute and did a good job cleaning my tile and wood floors.

Exactly my xperience. Is there any way to get the triangular pad that was promised in the write-up? Or is one expected to simply return the whole shebang if dissatisfied with one missing piece?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bringitonhome wrote:Exactly my xperience. Is there any way to get the triangular pad that was promised in the write-up? Or is one expected to simply return the whole shebang if dissatisfied with one missing piece?

Email service@woot.com and they'll help you with your options.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

azs1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages azs1

I finally got around to opening mine last week and, just as for several others posting here, the mop is a dud. It heats up, but no steam comes out the bottom into the mop head (it comes out through seams at the top and the sides due to high pressure, but not through the bottom where it's supposed to).

Big bummer as I was really looking forward to being able to use this thing.

Woot is accepting the return, but I'll still be stuck covering the postage for sending back the defective item they sent me that didn't work even once. So, color me annoyed (and, I've learned my lesson about never again buying refurbished items through Woot!).

sonya0213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonya0213

Poor quality!!! Used the steam mop one time and it broke a part inside. I beleive it got too hot. Not a good product!!!

bxtrastuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bxtrastuff

Cleaning out the basement of dead woot crap... 3 steam mops in trash. One DOA (kept for parts), 1 lasted 2-3 times then exploded, the last never got hot enough to steam.