nelrak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelrak

Anyone else seeing pixelation when watching standard digital cable tv? I plugged in the cable into the back, it scanned and found all the digital channels. Every channel that has live action looks kind of like when Star Trek when they were beaming back to the Enterprise. On the channels like the directory it's fine. I am going to hook up my game console to it and see how it is, if it's like that as well it's going back unless someone knows a fix for it.

KK

deuplonicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deuplonicus

WOOT! got a TV! looks wonderful. But, I was under an impression this tv came with a stand, did I somehow not get one?

Did anyone else get a stand?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

deuplonicus wrote:WOOT! got a TV! looks wonderful. But, I was under an impression this tv came with a stand, did I somehow not get one?

Did anyone else get a stand?

Uhm, that's weird indeed. Your TV should look like this:

If some part of that is missing, contact P&F per the warranty to see if they can ship it to you. If you have ANY problems along the way, please contact service@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lordielordie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordielordie

About an hour a go I hear a noise of a box landing outside my door. The TV was here, but the box was is very sad shape..

The tape sealing the top and bottom was almost off, the box was out of shape with corners smashed in and a hole in the middle of the broad side, two out of the four Styrofoam cubes were broken and not holding the TV on the top side. Luckily the remote didn't fall out through the holes.

These TVs must be built well, cause I took it out, mounted it on the wall, connected to the Set top box (HDMI), and it works great.

The TV came with the "foot" attached, barely, where the 3 bolts were in only one or two turns. And no batteries for the remote..

But, the TV works, looks good too.

Wooting since 2005..

deuplonicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deuplonicus
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm, that's weird indeed. Your TV should look like this:

If some part of that is missing, contact P&F per the warranty to see if they can ship it to you. If you have ANY problems along the way, please contact service@woot.com for assistance.

Can you be so kind as to help me find out how to contact P&F? all I see is a philips tv, a single peice of paper and a remote. No stand.

Right now though, the big blocks of styrofoam it came with work great as a stand!

tnestor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnestor
nelrak wrote:Anyone else seeing pixelation when watching standard digital cable tv?

Had the same issue until I used a high quality cable connection between my cable box and TV.

lordielordie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordielordie
deuplonicus wrote:Can you be so kind as to help me find out how to contact P&F? all I see is a philips tv, a single peice of paper and a remote. No stand.

Right now though, the big blocks of styrofoam it came with work great as a stand!

When they say "Stand", they mean the "foot" that the TV stands on, not a piece of furniture... The stand on this TV can be removed for wall mounting.

Its like saying, "the car comes with four wheels".

Wooting since 2005..

mona65

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mona65
lordielordie wrote:About an hour a go I hear a noise of a box landing outside my door. The TV was here, but the box was is very sad shape..

The tape sealing the top and bottom was almost off, the box was out of shape with corners smashed in and a hole in the middle of the broad side, two out of the four Styrofoam cubes were broken and not holding the TV on the top side. Luckily the remote didn't fall out through the holes.

These TVs must be built well, cause I took it out, mounted it on the wall, connected to the Set top box (HDMI), and it works great.

The TV came with the "foot" attached, barely, where the 3 bolts were in only one or two turns. And no batteries for the remote..

But, the TV works, looks good too.

Lucky you...mine didn't make it as well. It didn't make it at all.

The big brown box truck screwed mine up so bad they couldn't "redeliver" it. I guess the UPS man got po'd when I wasn't home, because it shows it was damaged in transit after trying to deliver.
I would expect this out of USPS buy not UPS

Per UPS it's "in transit" "Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Wednesday, 01/25/2012, By End of Day". I almost got exited until I saw "RETURNING TO SENDER".
I don't even know when or if I will still get one. If I get one I hope all the parts are there like the remote and stand.
IF my tv comes, does anyone know if the warranty starts the day it was ordered? I am already into day 15 of the 90 day warranty with no tv in sight. I would hope it starts when UPS shows it being delivered.

I know it's not Woot's fault. I have already contacted the service department and have confidence that they will follow up.

vtwiggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vtwiggy

I'm sad...

Got our TV on Monday, hubby hooked it up and it worked fine! Then last night I was sitting a little closer to the TV and noticed a 1.5" scratch on the screen What makes me even sadder is that I had already recycled the box it came in..

So, as a virgin wooter, I need some advice. Should I just go ahead and call Philips? Is there any chance they'll send me another box or send me another TV first so I can ship this one back in the new one's box? Also, how does Philips know it is a refurb and has a 90 day warranty rather than 1 year - will I have to show my receipt?

Advice appreciated!

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

vtwiggy wrote:I'm sad...

Got our TV on Monday, hubby hooked it up and it worked fine! Then last night I was sitting a little closer to the TV and noticed a 1.5" scratch on the screen What makes me even sadder is that I had already recycled the box it came in..

So, as a virgin wooter, I need some advice. Should I just go ahead and call Philips? Is there any chance they'll send me another box or send me another TV first so I can ship this one back in the new one's box? Also, how does Philips know it is a refurb and has a 90 day warranty rather than 1 year - will I have to show my receipt?

Advice appreciated!

Send an email to service@woot.com and be sure to include the serial, model and order number. We can try to get you taken care of.

zbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zbear
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm, that's weird indeed. Your TV should look like this:

Mine came with a stand. Touble was it was DOA. Woot sent me a call tag and RMA number and it went Fed Ex the next morning. Now I have to look for another set when I get credit back.

keithcua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithcua

Mine showed up in a box that was in good condition 13 days (1/23) after the order date (1/10). The screen looked fine too until I turned it on. It is cracked internally. Very weird. Woot Service sent me a auto-reply case number same day. Then a few days (Jan 25th) later Woot Service said the manufacturer would be in touch but it has only been a few days. I loaded the old CRT from our bedroom in my wife's car before testing the new one. Bad move.

dr3wdimas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dr3wdimas

Follow up on my case up top:

Called Philips (using the number on the side of the TV). Immediately got a hold of someone who listened to what was wrong (2 minutes worth), and then let me know they needed to update my warranty... He had me email a screenshot of the recieipt, along with my name and number.

3 days later I receive a call and get two options. First one being they send me a box to return the broken unit, and they will send a refurb back. Second option, I give them my credit card and they send a refurb out, and I use the box to send the broken one back.

Took the second option, now just playing the waiting game.

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5

It's CRAP! I now have to deal with returning this POS. I got this for a family member who had their TV die. First, delivery took close to two weeks! The TV was poorly packed. The box is too big and there was at least 6" for the TV to slide left and right. I did not see any obvious damage when I opened it up. First thing I did was open it up and make sure the basic functions worked. I turned it on and plugged in an HDMI cable and all looked fine. I was using my laptop as a source and it all worked fine. So I boxed it up and delivered. I set it up and plugged in the HDMI cable to a different port than the one I tested on, and it was dead. I then switched ports and I got a HDMI error message that disappeared too fast to read. The picture appearted, but when you switched channels on the cable box it would disappear and sometimes would come back. The way to fix it is to pull the cable and plug it back in. I am EXTREMELY disappointed. This TV was not that much cheaper than a new one and it had very obvious signs of prior use. It looks like the company in the US that "refurbished" the unit did nothing more than put some clear tape on it and a quick scan that it kinda worked. They obviously didn't test the unit. I'm going to make a note of the name of the company that did this and make sure I never buy any of their crap again.

mona65

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mona65

GOOD JOB WELL DONE!!!
At last, I am happy...so far.
If you have ANY problems, call Philips. The number I was given, if I have any other problems, is 866-771-4018.
I'm sure they will help you with any problems, manuals, etc.

On my first TV, apparently the Big Brown Truck didn't like so well and it didn't make it because they damaged it. It was returned amd as soon as they received it back, they sent me another one by FedEx(late Thursday night). I received it on Saturday. So far, so good.
Mine came with the stand and everything except batteries for the remote...and owner's manual.

This morning I received a call from Phillips asking me if everything was alright. I told the gentleman yes except I didn't get a owner's manual only a quick setup sheet.
He is sending me a manual.

Philips is "old" well established company and apparently stands strongly behind their product. And after receiving a phone call from them, I am impressed with their customer service.

Woot, I am not only impressed with the deal buy also how the company handled everything.

People, please don't "Katie Kaboom" and leave it at that.....call Philips. I don't think any of this is Woot's fault.

THANK YOU WOOT!!!

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5

Just a followup. I got in touch with Woot. Their first suggestion was to get in touch with the vendor directly. I wrote back that I wanted my money back. Any vendor who will ship out a TV with such an obvious problem is not one I trust. Woot quickly replied with a shipping label. Thank You Woot.

bturner1964

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bturner1964

Bought this tv about 3 weeks ago. The picture took a dump 2 days ago. Audio fine, picture is just verticle colored lines. Also, this is definitely a refurb. Unwrapped to find the frame around the screen and screen really scratched up. Disappointed!

keithcua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithcua

Got my replacement TV which works despite the box showing up damaged. Styrofoam was broken in transit. Philips covered shipping both ways. Seems to work well. HD testing tomorrow.

wtkjd2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wtkjd2001

All my prior woots were shipped FedEx-USPS Smartpost. Imagine my surprise when I find a UPS failed delivery note.

New UPS policy is they won't hold for pickup or make other arrangements for delivery once they made a delivery attempt. They sent it back.

So it's been over a month and still no TV - my shipment is lost in Woot-land. That's a village in Texas somewhere near Dallas...

No more Woots if shipped UPS!

senordunda

quality posts: 6 Private Messages senordunda

I think my TV has a problem with the HDMI connection. When I use it with my Xbox, it'll work for a while (often a long while) and then sometimes it'll randomly cut off for a few seconds or longer. Then last week I tried watching a DVD and was unable to because it kept cutting off, and my Xbox would give me an error that the HDMI connection couldn't be established. I tried using it with my laptop via HDMI and got similar problems.
Anyone else experience this?

Scotchdh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scotchdh

So what is involved with "running a trace"? How long should it take? How can UPS completely lose track of an item when it gets scanned everywhere it goes?

January 20th, I get a UPS InfoNotice on Friday night. I go to the website and tell them to hold it and I'll pick it up on Monday. I drive over there Monday, apparently the package was for someone else that lived in my apartment complex (and my name was on it for what reason?). Ok, no big deal, they just wasted some of my time, but my TV is still on the way somewhere. I come back from work on Tuesday expecting to see another InfoNotice. Nope. Nada. I go online and put in woots tracking number, apparently they tried to deliver it once and they're going to try to redeliver by the end of the day. Ok,the driver recognizes that I was at work and will try to make it his last delivery since he didn't leave an InfoNotice. Nope. Get home from work on Wednesday, no sticker on my mailbox, and now the website says it will be delivered by the end of the day. This "deliver by the end of the current day" bs continued for about the next two weeks. No TV ever materialized.

Here it is now almost 2 months later and I have nothing. Not even an InfoNotice of my own package. It disappeared without even saying goodbye.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Scotchdh wrote:So what is involved with "running a trace"? How long should it take? How can UPS completely lose track of an item when it gets scanned everywhere it goes?

January 20th, I get a UPS InfoNotice on Friday night. I go to the website and tell them to hold it and I'll pick it up on Monday. I drive over there Monday, apparently the package was for someone else that lived in my apartment complex (and my name was on it for what reason?). Ok, no big deal, they just wasted some of my time, but my TV is still on the way somewhere. I come back from work on Tuesday expecting to see another InfoNotice. Nope. Nada. I go online and put in woots tracking number, apparently they tried to deliver it once and they're going to try to redeliver by the end of the day. Ok,the driver recognizes that I was at work and will try to make it his last delivery since he didn't leave an InfoNotice. Nope. Get home from work on Wednesday, no sticker on my mailbox, and now the website says it will be delivered by the end of the day. This "deliver by the end of the current day" bs continued for about the next two weeks. No TV ever materialized.

Here it is now almost 2 months later and I have nothing. Not even an InfoNotice of my own package. It disappeared without even saying goodbye.

Egads, please email service@woot.com so they can research this and help you out. I'm sending an email on this end so they'll be looking for it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DennisWKam

Staff

Scotchdh wrote:So what is involved with "running a trace"? How long should it take? How can UPS completely lose track of an item when it gets scanned everywhere it goes?

We're sorry this has dragged on for so long. The vendor has been contacted to see if the TV was returned to them. We'll keep you updated on what we find out.

Scotchdh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scotchdh
DennisWKam wrote:We're sorry this has dragged on for so long. The vendor has been contacted to see if the TV was returned to them. We'll keep you updated on what we find out.

What's the word?

DennisWKam

Staff

Scotchdh wrote:What's the word?

Agh! I'm sending you a PM with some details.