WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Each of the past three years at this time, we've serenaded you with a ballad telling of the many wondrous sights we beheld at the Consumer Electronics Show. We're going to keep at it, too, until one day you associate this tune with January as strongly as you do any familiar carol with Christmas.

And why not? It's only three years old now, but already every bit as irritating as "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer."

If you hate this video, then for Crom's sake DO NOT watch last year's installment:

What We Saw at CES 2011 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NujrVYEbI9A

or the video that inaugurated this tradition:

What We Saw at CES 2010 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvGVSGeCw0Q

BlindingMask

quality posts: 6 Private Messages BlindingMask

I wish this was longer.

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

where yous guys only there for a few hours this year? doesn't seem like you saw that much this time around.

nelsontrek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelsontrek

So do you hire They Might Be Giants to do your music? It would have been nice to see a shot of your booth in the clip, but hey cupcake hats are all the rage now....

zatxwoopyoax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zatxwoopyoax

Wow... that was kinda weak.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
nelsontrek wrote:It would have been nice to see a shot of your booth in the clip

For a look at our booth in action, see this video about the thrilling new quiz game sensation, Failure.

glibdud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages glibdud
BlindingMask wrote:I wish this was longer.

I just got an email this morning that claims to help with that. Want me to forward it?

trancecoder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trancecoder

muRata's Seisaku-kun was pretty cool. But I completely missed the cupcake-head lady!

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
SBCJester21 wrote:where yous guys only there for a few hours this year? doesn't seem like you saw that much this time around.

It's getting harder to find things we haven't seen before. CES doesn't change much... and we have to save some action for our Wootable Awards post.

dgroweace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgroweace

oh great now i'm not going to be able to get that out of my head..."A lady with a cupcake heeeaaad" Damn it !!!! thanks alot Woot. lol

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
dgroweace wrote:oh great now i'm not going to be able to get that out of my head..."A lady with a cupcake heeeaaad" Damn it !!!! thanks alot Woot. lol

I've still got "The monkey games are done! The monkey games are done!..." Song going through my head.

Is that Illiander looking all puzzled about the personal sauna hut?

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

that lady looks so smug with her cupcake hat.

so... when will woot sell the hello kitty popcorn machine? hmmm?

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

raj316

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raj316

Las Vegas isn't that bad.... Ok maybe it is, but i have to tell myself that because i live here.

duncansil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duncansil

You guys look like you have too much fun. Must rock to be you! :D

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n

"eat it or wear it" gone awry!

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

curtise

quality posts: 23 Private Messages curtise

A cupcake head is probably better than an avocado butt.. But less recursive.

-=C=-

maddanmusic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maddanmusic

thanks for sharing and keeping it funny n brief ...nice cupcakes...smile

thatheard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thatheard

Sad to see another CES pass. It seems the woot writers' creativity is at its highest during CES. There's just so many excellent stories, great work gang!

marziah

quality posts: 17 Private Messages marziah

I went by the Woot! booth, all stuck in a corner of lower South Hall, but there were no flying monkeys, so I went to go see Skullcandy not throw headphones at people instead.

ranwanimator

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ranwanimator

I could have used about 3 or 4 more minutes of the scantily clad dancers.

--------------------------END OF LINE

sonofdot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonofdot
raj316 wrote:Las Vegas isn't that bad.... Ok maybe it is, but i have to tell myself that because i live here.

No one is keeping you here, I don't just live here, this is home, this is where we raised our family, so what does that make me the villainy or the scum?

matthew

ranwanimator wrote:I could have used about 3 or 4 more minutes of the scantily clad dancers.

It's 30 dollars a song, or we can do three for a hundred.

Havoc737903

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Havoc737903

That cupcake on head girl looks so stupid.
Just had to say it.
Not to be a Richard or anything.
But just looking at the video preview makes me go "That is so stupid" every time I see it.

I don't get the whole cupcake fad.
Cupcakes aren't even that good...

The dawn is my enemy.

ScottR1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ScottR1

I saw cupcake girl at the PDN Photo Plus Expo, but she was dressed as a ballerina there. A better look, I think.

dbdoberman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dbdoberman

and a condom that could dance, hahahahahaha

PRICELESS!

craigthom

quality posts: 64 Private Messages craigthom

A few decades ago there was a video game called Champion Basketball in the arcade at my college's student center.

I put a lot of quarters in that thing, and I was pretty good. I could beat almost anyone.

The one person I couldn't beat was John Salley. he was the undisputed champion. We played head-to-head a few times, and he always won.

(Mark Price's game was Nintendo's VS Tennis, and I did manage to beat him at that once).

craigthom

And I still miss the daily audio podcast. I know it was more work, but, come on!

Do you miss Ted Drewe's? Schlafly?

matthew

craigthom wrote:And I still miss the daily audio podcast. I know it was more work

I see this averred in discussion threads occasionally. The opposite is true.

craigthom

matthew wrote:I see this averred in discussion threads occasionally. The opposite is true.

Then there's no excuse for not going back to it! Unless that's the way Bezos wants it.

matthew

Heh! I'm sure his Bezosness has never given a second's thought to our videos. But I have! And I personally feel like five years' worth of daily audio podcasts gave us more than ample opportunity to do everything we were going to do with that format.

Feel free to wish as hard and as often as you like that the daily audio podcast will return. Meanwhile I'll wish my hair would grow back, and together we can be the Doomed To Disappointment Club.