0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Toshiba Thrive 10.1" 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi
$319.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

awesome tablet! got one already from previous woot.

albinosun

quality posts: 3 Private Messages albinosun

Got the 16GB last week and love it. Sorry I waited so late to buy one.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

I bought this when it was offered about a week ago. Haven't received it yet.

bogart777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bogart777

nice! tempting. hmmmm.... thrive or prime....

Cyclones92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cyclones92

I would buy it if I wasn't so poor.

Total Woots: 41
Total Woot Wage: $1878.00

Azozel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azozel

Video on the product.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAUjyjBJJTU&feature=player_embedded

pureval

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pureval

Would love one but since I am waiting an estimate from my mechanic right now, it is not happening. Next time, Tablet, next time!

It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.

administrator1956

quality posts: 1 Private Messages administrator1956

I wouldnt say this is a special price

ask me about ebook readers and guitars

jediknight2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jediknight2

Oh My Gookie! finally!! Been holding on for this all flipping night waking up when the items changed. Hope I'm not disappointed

lawnmowerdeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawnmowerdeth

Got my 16GB from Woot last Friday, and it's awesome. (After using the available tutorials to update the software)

Markus712

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Markus712
bogart777 wrote:nice! tempting. hmmmm.... thrive or prime....

If you can afford it, Prime is the winner by a mile.

makphisto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makphisto

Does anyone have a thought on this as an ereader? I like to read in bed a lot and would like to use a tablet for that. I've been considering a Xoom, but this seems like a nice device. Just not sure how it would work - it seems too bulky/heavy.

Well parents are the same no matter time nor place / So to you other kids all across the land / Take it from me / Parents just don't understand

kaltheo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaltheo

IMHO, if you're buying an Android tablet which isn't the Asus Transformer Prime you're wasting your money.

Of course, you have to find it to buy it.

westportwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages westportwood

Is this upgradable to the new Ice Cream Sandwich OS???

marco19477

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marco19477

Got one on 1saleaday 3 weeks for $305+$5 shipping great tablet this is still a great deal

TnBill47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TnBill47

I've had the 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab for half a year. I think the 8" size is more convenient; slips right into my messenger bag.

First WOOT 10/4/04, Total WOOTs 250+ </smart>

joecooool

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joecooool

Toshiba has not confirmed that the Thrive will get the Ice Cream Sandwich update.

reservoird

quality posts: 4 Private Messages reservoird

Thrive is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.

Ezpcconcepts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezpcconcepts

I also got the 16Gb version, love it, works great out of the box. Still have to do the OS update though.

El Marko

quality posts: 7 Private Messages El Marko

We now have two of these, both Wooted at different times. Exactly as new, definitely have been refurbed (there are some people claiming they were simply thrown back in the box). Connects quickly, easy to use, and not nearly as thick as some pundits make it seem. It feels "right" when you're holding it. All the included full-size ports makes this the most versatile tablet out there. It's like a real computer even.

jer2911tx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jer2911tx

i got the motorola xoom from woot, but i can't get it to tether to my samsung epic.
anyone know if the toshiba thrive can be tethered to the samsung epic? thanks

strohminator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages strohminator
makphisto wrote:Does anyone have a thought on this as an ereader? I like to read in bed a lot and would like to use a tablet for that. I've been considering a Xoom, but this seems like a nice device. Just not sure how it would work - it seems too bulky/heavy.

I've got a different tablet (TouchPad) and don't like it as an e-reader. It's a little too heavy, and the glowing light makes it annoying to read in bed at night. I greatly prefer my Kindle; it doesn't have a glowing screen, the e-Ink is easier on the eyes, and it's very light.

angelsgirl2002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelsgirl2002

Wootoff killer?

dlmorris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlmorris
makphisto wrote:Does anyone have a thought on this as an ereader? I like to read in bed a lot and would like to use a tablet for that. I've been considering a Xoom, but this seems like a nice device. Just not sure how it would work - it seems too bulky/heavy.

I think it is too oddly shaped to work as an e-reader. It has a "long" shape that just felt awkward in my hands when I fumbled around with it at my local Best Buy during my holiday shopping. I almost purchased one for my daughter, but with its bizarre shape, I elected to wait for something a bit different.

It *is* a nice tablet though. The shape/design was weird to me.

(For the record, I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and an Acer A500. So, those are my basis for comparison with its size/shape.)

taittus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taittus
jediknight2 wrote:Oh My Gookie! finally!! Been holding on for this all flipping night waking up when the items changed. Hope I'm not disappointed

Lol. I've been doing the exact same thing. Lost a lot of sleep. Got the 16gb last week for my girlfriend and I couldn't put it down. Passed up the Samsung Tab to get this Thrive from wootoff.

jeremeking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremeking

Bought the 32g refurb from 1saleaday and having the update issue. I have not tried to correct it yet using clockworkmod. Otherwise, it is a nice tablet. I hate not having podcasts and am missing out on a spiffy guitar amplification application, but the cost, usb, and hdmi kinda sealed the deal for me versus apple.

Oh....if you have kids that will be playing on this thing.....You will need to purchase an app that will allow you to lock them out of certain apps that allow purchases. Google will not prompt you for a password when making purchases and thus far I have not found a setting that will require one. Unless you want to end up with $50 worth of virtual gold or berries or even books from kindle/B&N or whatever, you might want to invest a few bucks in an application like SEAL. Note that I am not endorsing that one per se, but just giving you somewhere to start. I bougth it and use it, but I haven't tried anything else.

Have a great day!!!

CompanyClerk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CompanyClerk

Can't I just keep my Net Book? It has a keyboard and I can use my mouse.

My fingers get dirty working HERE, and if I use one of these tablets/pads/droids/etc the screen is no longer visible after 5 uses!

redwould

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redwould

Here's the Cnet.com link

Harpo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Harpo

Gerry, if you're watching return the Thrive you paid $450 + tax for at BestBuy while you still can and buy it again here....lol.

tinabick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinabick

My husband bought this the last time it was on Woot. He loved the feel of it and most everything else...except...the playing of videos. I had downloaded shows on my Motorola Xoom that played with no problem (after correct codecs installed)...those exact same shows would not play on the thrive despite trying several different codecs and conversion software. We tried it on the Thrive itself and on the SD card. Neither worked. A little disappointed, I have read that is a common problem. I am going to look at it tomorrow when I get a chance to see if I can figure it out, otherwise, sadly it's going to have to be returned. If you are looking for this just for web surfing, video chatting, netflix etc...this is a great tablet.

morrdt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages morrdt

Is this tablet compatible with the proposed internet censorship bill?

1st Bucket of Candycorn ever! - 10/12/11
-*-*-*-*-
Donnie Mo'

sev911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sev911

I must say that this is one of the BEST Woot Offs in a long time!! The plethora of items that are so tempting keeps me watching all the day. Kudos to the spawn of Amaz-a-Woot!!

squigsdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages squigsdad

So, not only does Woot not go dark today, it decides to have a wootoff and make me struggle with the choice of "to F5 or not to F5"

blender69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blender69

I bought it from 1 sale a day for 305 total and it was fine until today it started to freeze and I have tto take battery out to unfreeze. Thank goodness for the removeable battery as my 7 in sprint galaxy tab freezes too but it is much harder to get to unfreeze. As far as an ereader it is really heavy so when I do use it it is easier to read landscape mode as it seems topheavy vertically. I prefer my 7 in for reading but the Thrive for movies, games, web etc.

tinabick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinabick
jer2911tx wrote:i got the motorola xoom from woot, but i can't get it to tether to my samsung epic.
anyone know if the toshiba thrive can be tethered to the samsung epic? thanks

I'm assuming you mean wireless tether? If so, it won't connect until you root your Xoom, I am assuming it's the same thing with the Thrive. I have a rooted Epic and it works great with the rooted Xoom.

angelsgirl2002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelsgirl2002
squigsdad wrote:So, not only does Woot not go dark today, it decides to have a wootoff and make me struggle with the choice of "to F5 or not to F5"

HAH!

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

I approve this because it isn't apple.

Apple is evil. Stupid legislative clowns.

hockeyfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockeyfox

I bought 2 16GB Thrives earlier and love we love them. Personal preference, but I like it much better than my Ipad original. My son uses his Xbox 360 controller and his wireless keyboard and mouse using the usb dongle. Yes, a bit bulky, but great use of full size existing peripherals.