ctrlaltdefeat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctrlaltdefeat

I'm so over this.

diesmiley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diesmiley

It's wonderful for those interested in figuring out what this whole DJ'ing thing is, the platters are very sensitive, and it has the basic knobs.

There's no hot que, loop, and effects bottons though.

Here's a list of some additional things you'll need to start on the right foot(and with everything you'll really need to learn it right). Don't worry, most of these are relatively cheap:

Additional soundcard, or one on you PC capable of both a headset and out going speakers

A good set of headphones, don't have to be fancy

Speakers separate of those on your PC/laptop, something powered preferred

A large music digital music collection(good quality bitrate, loss-less better)

DJ'ing software, like virtual Pro or Mixxx

When I first started, all of the above costed me $100 give or take, but that's because I decided to get some nice speakers.
Best of luck! Mix on!

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

it wouldn't be there first time there was no Bananas or Cabbage on a woot-off

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

jbremer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbremer

Looks like fun for the kids who want to make noise... or music on the computer. REMIX!

woots where its at

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn
wootmeharder wrote:I miss the cat pics...there used to be a lot of cat pics...now, not so much. I iz sad.

U iz 1 sad dude...

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

globalgamble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages globalgamble
pg318 wrote:Because woot has been very predictable for some time, bag comes always around 3.30CST.

And Woot hasn't been giving bags with every woot off.. go figure!

globalgamble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages globalgamble
globalgamble wrote:And Woot hasn't been giving bags with every woot off.. go figure!

and why would they want to announce the time they are going to knowingly crash their site! i remember back in 04 when it was truly random, those days are gone!

swifijon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon

I see the way of ColonelCrap... He has shown me the path. Obviously this is a 3 day crap off to give us more variety in our crap bags. We are going back to the old days where we could have 3 day crap days and only 1500 crap bags for the ultimate crap to bag ratio. I wonder if woot off's will start only coming once every 2-3 months instead of once a month to make sure they collect more refurb and broken things in their warehouse corner. Please no more random bugs though. Hex bugs okay! Actual bugs. Not okay!

chubechpmnk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chubechpmnk
pg318 wrote:Because woot has been very predictable for some time, bag comes always around 3.30CST.

Give or take up to an hour and a half. I did some research. I think it would be funny if they threw one in a bedtime. None of the usual suspects would get one. Imagine the howling we'd hear!

almirar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages almirar

oh well, sigh... got my monkeys and dirt, guess it was an ok wootoff for me.

dilbertdogbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dilbertdogbert

We gots ourselves a grinder with this one. Time to load up TF2 for a few rounds of Dustbowl...

Screaming Mini Monkey Keychain with Woot Cape 1/17/12
Screaming Mini Monkey Keychain with Woot Cape 12/5/11
Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape 11/8/11
Screaming Mini Monkey Keychain with Woot Cape 10/12/11
Screaming Giant Monkey w/Green Cape 5/10/11

the1pony

quality posts: 6 Private Messages the1pony

Oh, sure- now everyone can be a DJ. Put the pros out of business! Ya know, I used to make a good living as a stripper, until Woot started selling USB-powered pole dancers- now I'm bussing tables for minimum wage! Why do you hate America, Woot?

joianne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joianne

Just to keep everyone entertained how about another type of Barrels of Crud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEYUd0rtXpM

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

Patiently waiting for a

Band of Carpathians......

and waiting....
and waiting.....
and waiting......

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

I need a set of Electic Bongo Drums.... Thanks woot!

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

I find these things sound the best when I don't plug them in.

bigguy95124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigguy95124

Yo, I gotta get me 1 of deez. I can start a new career as DJ Barrels of Crud

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies

88 minutes at 90%, time for dinner!

oops, pardon me, i wooted

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

Why does this need two turntables if it doesnt actually play records? Are they going to throw in a microphone too?

You cant have two turntables without a microphone.

RAWR Imma Squarryl

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder
annieflies wrote:88 minutes at 90%, time for dinner!

So you already went pee??

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ

I have had one of these for quite a while now, and I can tell you from experience: this is a perfect device for someone who is just starting out at DJ'ing ... like your kids, for example.

The ION has a very limited set of features, it doesn't work well with professional DJ software (even using overlays) and there is a problem of lagging. If you have a 10-year-old DJ in your midst, this is for them. It's really not an adult's playtoy, and it is built very much like a toy. To cue records seamlessly, you have to have an external sound device to use as headphones (such as the old M-Audio Fast Track which I got from Woot! a long time ago).

If you're just planning to switch between records at a party, this is a perfectly okay device. I do not recommend this device for actual beat matching, scratching or any of the other cool/neat things that Serato, Traktor and the like can offer using higher-quality gear. If that's what you think you're getting, save your money.

wootmeharder

crickee wrote:Why does this need two turntables if it doesnt actually play records? Are they going to throw in a microphone too?

You cant have two turntables without a microphone.

DAMN YOU!!! NOW I HAVE THAT SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD!!!
At least it's the futurama version though...go Bender!!!

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
wootmeharder wrote:I miss the cat pics...there used to be a lot of cat pics...now, not so much. I iz sad.

kevo66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kevo66

bu- bu- but that do- do do dont match m-m-m-my crib !

no, I'm no-no-not a dj nor am i sc-sc-sc-scratchin', I have a visible st-st-st-stutter

Kevo

choovermonium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choovermonium

Skippy Squirrel questionn: Why does everybody use euphemisms instead of saying "Bag of Cuuuuuute!" outright?

Edit: Ah. I see it gets modified. hrm.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
chubechpmnk wrote:Give or take up to an hour and a half. I did some research. I think it would be funny if they threw one in a bedtime. None of the usual suspects would get one. Imagine the howling we'd hear!

When I did the research a while back, the window was 3:30-6:30 eastern time roughly, but now I'd say 3-6:30 p.m. (and yes, as others posted, I found a few months with no bag, but that's been usually when they do another special event in the month).

OiXYZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OiXYZ

Things that will not happen if you purchase this system

skippykj

choovermonium wrote:Skippy Squirrel questionn: Why does everybody use euphemisms instead of saying "Bag of Cuuuuuute!" outright?

I love it when questions have the answer right in them.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
choovermonium wrote:Skippy Squirrel questionn: Why does everybody use euphemisms instead of saying "Bag of Cuuuuuute!" outright?

Ah. I see it gets edited. hrm.

Indeed.

sigmanutk607

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigmanutk607

And when all looks lost... this shows up and proves it.

dessndave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dessndave
globalgamble wrote:what is a quality post? anyone, Bueller, Bueller ...

Quality post could be random Useful facts, Sarcasm, Scrabble replies, Or just picking on Thunderthighs.

Speaking of thunderthighs I haven't noticed any Earthquakes or Thunder lately :p

But I got the rain.

Dave & Dessa

janamg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janamg

Woot is presenting the Barrage of Cannonballs one item at a time. Here's hoping for a box of tampons next....sigh.

skippykj

wootmeharder

Possible solutions to the Barrels of Crud and server related problems:

1. Put the Barrels of Crud on Kids.woot
2. Make it a game, or hide a link in the product description of another item
3. Post it at 2am

I welcome your thoughts...

jujubee1313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jujubee1313
janamg wrote:Woot is presenting the Barrage of Cannonballs one item at a time. Here's hoping for a box of tampons next....sigh.

I wouldn't mind getting those at a discounted price. Have you seen how expensive quality tampons are these days?!

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

This is a great buy for people who don't have any LP's ('cause it doesn't use 'em).

vorant1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vorant1

I left a good job in the city
Working for the man every night and day
And I lost lots of time not sleeping
Worrying 'bout the WOOT that might have been

Big wheel keep on turning
Proud monkey keep on screamin
And we're rolling, rolling
Rolling on the WOOT off........

[size=30]Vorant1[/size]

thehead71

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thehead71

Will this make me the next Paul Oakenfold?

Hamstur

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Hamstur

I bought this for my 11 y/o son last time Woot had it up. He'sbeen interested in DJ-ing and has been very pleased with it. The professional reviews have been quite favorable - essentially saying that this is the best unit for entry-level and is a quality build. He loves it, and I am amazed at how smooth and solid it feels.

In order to use headphones to hear both mp3 tracks so that you can sync them before the audience hears them, you would need either a separate audio interface (there are several good ones for under $200), or there is a simple external headphone jack mod for well under $20. I'd do the external audio interface because the quality is so good and takes some load off the computer. All this said, one can easily just spin and scratch with it right out of the box, and can hook up headphones to the computer's jack for ....private scratching.

vorant1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vorant1
thehead71 wrote:Will this make me the next Paul Oakenfold?

No and you'll most likely not be dating Lindsay Lohan....

[size=30]Vorant1[/size]