dioxin187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dioxin187

Hardware for people like this:

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
globalgamble wrote:is there a collective thought on when the bag is going up for sale? just plugging in.

At this point? Sometime next month.

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl

All you Apple haters can say what you will.. Sure, there are alot of benefits to an Android pad if you are capable of rooting and hacking it. But out of the box, the iPad works beautifully.

My only REAL caveat on the iPad: stay away from ios5... It has made my iPad terribly unstable when loading graphics heavy web sites.. Crashes constantly when going to TMZ, or trying to get videos from ABC.com...

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

beerpuppet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beerpuppet

Way too much for 1st gen Ipud!

Hoopes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hoopes

Same price at apple store...

treetimer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages treetimer

This is really a great price. From Apple directly, $599 for the exact same model - 64gb, 1st gen, 3G. It is out of stock.

The iPad 2 16gb is just a little more money, $500 - WiFi only. But that extra 64Gb and 3g is really sweet.

captmeach7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages captmeach7
darthpapercut wrote:It’s funny you mention superheroes…. Here’s one superhero you will not see on the ipad: Flash!

Flash! Ah Ah....

tadosmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tadosmi
inkycatz wrote:Why are you eating your electronics?

To rid my body of all the fake iImposters out there.

capjones1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capjones1

wooters.us estimates 5 hours for this one to pass. arg.

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

JirafaBo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JirafaBo

You know, they could just add a door on the back of these things, and have to recertify about 75% less of these.

bornebywild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bornebywild

Being broke does not mesh well with my compulsive need to buy things. :(

Oh well! Sweet, sweet naptime. I'm barely holding together from mainlining caffeine all morning. My eyes are so bloodshot I look like I just came out on the other side of a coke bender.

What the french, toast?

mnollar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnollar

Any chance these could be those clay Canadian iPads I have heard so much about. Wanting to get my hands on that!

mrmessma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrmessma
auggie46 wrote:...whatever ~ it's still an IPLOD!

pointing to how they put their name on everything as if it makes it better. Making sure you know that THEY recertified their own product.

goheels123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goheels123

1st Gen iPads? What's next - the Motorola Star-Tac?

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
dwm1225 wrote:They should really hold on to these so they can put them in the Bag of Cuuuuuute! I'll be buying later today... or during the next wootoff.

AGREED!

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

I feel I must make an obligatory apple is the devil statement.

Apple is the devil.

There- I feel better now.

brasssong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brasssong
kapeller111 wrote:iPad 2 and I'd be in.

Just wait 6 months.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
globalgamble wrote:is there a collective thought on when the bag is going up for sale? just plugging in.

The pattern has been for the Bride-O-Chuckie to go around 5:00 PM (give or take a half hour or so) on the 2nd day of a 2-day Woot-off.

Now, this is Woot with a buncha them thar free-thinkers, so a pattern is worth a whole lot less than one might think. And to top it off, we are on day-3 of this Woot-off. See that open window over there? You'll find the pattern lying right outside of it, wiggling around trying to gain relevance....

thehead71

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thehead71

Yeah why bother with this, when Ipad 5, Iphone 17, Flying Cars and the Apocalypse around the corner. Just wait for that, Duh!

senatorj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages senatorj
iver wrote:Am I missing something? Same price at NewEgg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16858753019

With it here you're getting a 1 year warrenty vs 90 days.

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

Hey woot give me $479 and I will take one of these off your hands.

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

OK - now everyone KNOWS that you can get a pretty decent entire laptop for about $150 less than this, right?

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

0bscuridad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0bscuridad
mgullick wrote:My wife's boss gave her an iPad 2 and $1000 for Christmas. Don't need this.

You may wanna pay more attention to what you wife may have done to get that X-Mass bonus, instead of sitting by this woot off of horror

• Wooter since 2008
  • richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie
    sellbuyer92 wrote:AGREED!

Never having received a Bag of Cuuute - can anyone share what they received in theirs?

lunarparcel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lunarparcel
    mnollar wrote:Any chance these could be those clay Canadian iPads I have heard so much about. Wanting to get my hands on that!

I hear the keyboards on those ones give a really tactile feed back.

Or maybe it was just tacky tile.

sellbuyer92

BuffBillsFan wrote:The pattern has been for the Bride-O-Chuckie to go around 5:00 PM (give or take a half hour or so) on the 2nd day of a 2-day Woot-off.

Now, this is Woot with a buncha them thar free-thinkers, so a pattern is worth a whole lot less than one might think. And to top it off, we are on day-3 of this Woot-off. See that open window over there? You'll find the pattern lying right outside of it, wiggling around trying to gain relevance....

Of course what about the chances of no Barracuda on cocaine because this is January...

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
    darthpapercut wrote:It’s funny you mention superheroes…. Here’s one superhero you will not see on the ipad: Flash!

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=14223

mrosem14

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrosem14

These will take forever to sellout. They're too old to be new, but not old enough that hipsters can label them as steampunk.

sellbuyer92

richmondhokie wrote:Never having received a Bag of Cuuute - can anyone share what they received in theirs?

I've never gotten one either...

KSchreiber18

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KSchreiber18
    hyliansnake wrote:Have to be honest...

After my experiences with Apple products and service, I would rather see REFURBISHED than APPLE RECERTIFIED.

Totally not true.

richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie
    0bscuridad wrote:You may wanna pay more attention to what you wife may have done to get that X-Mass bonus, instead of sitting by this woot off of horror

I replied similarly.......hahaha

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames
    andrewkl wrote:My only REAL caveat on the iPad: stay away from ios5... It has made my iPad terribly unstable when loading graphics heavy web sites.. Crashes constantly when going to TMZ, or trying to get videos from ABC.com...

It also has not been nice to my iPod Touch. I mentioned last night having Safari crash three times; this morning I had it spontaneously crash Safari without even touching it.

At least the Verizon iPhone 4 is still stable for now.

peterkeller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterkeller

looks like we got a few suckers or saints who just cleared a few of these off

sadsephiroth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sadsephiroth

Oh, Amaz... I meant Woot!, are you trying to sell us the thing we need for half of the accessories that have been shoved into this Woot! off? Okay, I remember that when the takeover went down, someone gave a letter stating that Woot! would not change. Yet, Woot! has changed. Basically, Woot! is now an outlet for the crap Amazon couldn't sell through others venues. A Woot! off shouldn't be a way to force us, loyal followers, to purchase these things. And I know, we don't HAVE to buy it, but putting it here will almost guarantee someone will. Also, the quality and randomness and overall mystical power that is a Bag of C R A P has gone down the toilet as well. The value has decreased in direct response to Amazon. I could make graphs and charts, but that takes effort. Just ask the community. Maybe I'm just upset and tired for being stupid enough to stay up for yet another let down of a Woot! off, but this site used to be something special. Now, I don't know, ...I just don't know...

thehead71

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thehead71
    mitchloft wrote:OK - now everyone KNOWS that you can get a pretty decent entire laptop for about $150 less than this, right?

Ever use an Ipad though? Pretty friggin cool and fun, you almost don't want to go back to a desktop or laptop.

And you don't need a suit case to carry a Laptop in the price range you're referring to.

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

I do believe we are T-minus 4-5 hours...any veteran Wooters agree?

Binkmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Binkmeister

I have this model (almost, don't have 3G), and it's been my constant companion since the day they went on sale. And this is an excellent price. I travel a lot, so having 64GB to store movies and TV shows is excellent. Yes, it's heavier than the iPad 2 but that's OK. The only time it's ever an issue is reading a book... Kindles are much better for that.

sellbuyer92

peterkeller wrote:looks like we got a few suckers or saints who just cleared a few of these off

Legends...Legends

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Apple doesn't have any of the refurb WiFi & 3G 64GB models on their website. However the WiFi only version is $499. So this looks like a solid deal.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB294LL/A

And those complaining about the fact it's an iPad 1. Big deal. The iPad 2 was nearly an identical item and I'm sure the iPad 3 will A) be only marginal better B) Be expensive as heck C) Be out of stock everywhere for 6+ months. This is a solid deal on a solid item. Don't knock it.