evilbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilbaby
seahokedrama wrote:Well, I can't reach my whole back to shave- just the shoulders... and that's where I tend to pull out my hair anyway.

Use Nair or one of those kinds of lotions...

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
tv2112 wrote:If only I hadn't just spent 430.00 on a 1911 .45 pistol I'd have enough to by this

You know the game rock, paper, scissors? Suppose the choices were a model 1911 and an iPad. And the winner is ... ? :-)

A hundred years from now a 1911 made in 1911 can still be going strong if properly cared for. A 100- or 200-year-old tablet? I'm thinking not.

I think you did fine.

jml879

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jml879

Sold out finally! Thank you Woot Jeebus!

Haidon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Haidon

Over the past ten minutes, it's dropped every couple minutes by a full 10%. I think we've got a fast-forward to next woot happening....

and not a minute too soon.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
psac42 wrote:Starting to bounce...

Yeah, so is the I want one button.

auggie46

quality posts: 1 Private Messages auggie46
lordcobra wrote:Wow! Now that is a deal.

...well, sorta ~ 9mm sig sauer, p226, w/3x high-capacity magazines (15 rounds, one in the hole) $350.00. yeah, okay i understand the 9mm vs 45 cal thingy, but i'd rather have the additional fire capacity than a using a subsonic round spitter since greaseballs have been known to outrun them ~

andypasto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andypasto

Oh no! I wanted one.

lunarparcel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lunarparcel
buck020 wrote:Does Skype run on this? I want to show my JUNK to politicians....

Yes, but there is no camera on the firt-gen model, so if you video Skype, you'll only see the other person if they are using a camera. They will not see you, or your JUNK.

tandria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tandria

Oh god people buying 3. You people and your disposable incomes.

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak
tkebidder wrote:Recertified is just an APPLE term for a refurb...why do they always act like they are better?

Do other companies guarantee a new battery and shell and a one year warranty on their refurbs? Apple does.

KidKobun wrote:iPads are so ridiculously overpriced. That is all.

Before the iPad announcement, every "expert" assumed it was a $1000 device. Apple brought it in at $500. Even now, competitors are having trouble competing at current price points.

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61
3eyore wrote:I bet a shiny new dime that this will be a four-day woot-off.

Sorry no such animal,72 hrs.is the limit.

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
seahokedrama wrote:Should I listen to her- or should I go back to shaving my shoulders?

Buy your wife one of those grass-killing flamethrowers for Valentine's Day.

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore
Haidon wrote:Over the past ten minutes, it's dropped every couple minutes by a full 10%. I think we've got a fast-forward to next woot happening....

and not a minute too soon.

I noticed that too... also notice that there isn't a "Wooter to blame for sellout" in the stats. I think we'll see the remains of this again someday.

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore
cobraman61 wrote:Sorry no such animal,72 hrs.is the limit.

"Depending on its success, this may be a mode we would go into once or twice a month for a relatively short duration of time (24-72 hours generally.)"

Generally, not necessarily.

fxfuji

quality posts: 19 Private Messages fxfuji

Why did this take so long to sell out? Nine pages of comments should have given us the clue, but the reasons posted were diverse:

* Pricing (didn't have the $ or alternative deals just as good or better)
* Packaging (didn't want 3G or 64GB or be restricted to AT&T service)
* Gen1 (either want iPad2 or waiting for next gen)
* Apple is the devil
* Prefer Android OS

My thinking is that 1) Most people willing to pay $500 for a first-generation iPad already have one and 2) Woot/Apple had A LOT of these refurbs (due to customers turning theirs in and getting the iPad 2 perhaps?). Or maybe wooters already spent their disposable $$$ on earlier woot!-off items??

Or.... maybe Apple's cachet has finally worn off? lol

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
drunkenalien wrote:Where do you get this wootage strip at the bottom, and are you implying you've gotten 18 bags of c r a p?

I created it with Photoshop. It gets updated periodically, usually after I get another Bag of Crap.

Looks like it will stay at 18. Bag #19 eluded me today.

jstaqtp2t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstaqtp2t
Felo001 wrote:I just saw a IPad 32G/3G on CowBoom for $329

Do you have a link??

Lauren Pruett