Mustaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mustaine

Since 2006 I been trying... FINALLY GOT ONE! WOOT ME!

SLaden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SLaden

Stoked to land one, love me some Barrels of Crud. liked that the time was different than normal too.

FeeJswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FeeJswoot

That is the closest I have been and still getting rejected, reminds me of this one time at the bar...

Oh well, $8 still in my pocket.

2rovers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2rovers

Lots of 503...lots of blank screens...lots of F5...no confirmation screen...

Confirmation Email !!!

In for my first one.

mchele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchele

Got all the way to the order confirmation than it crashed on me

angelich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelich

Got to the stupid large button but I dont think it went through...

ilovexxmyselfxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilovexxmyselfxx

Got the woot alert about Barrels of Crud got to the the "Click gold button" page in 2 windows in safari chrome and firefox, clicked them all in a matter of seconds. They all stopped or i got a 503... What the fück is wrong with that picture...

pezzltj

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pezzltj

got my second in about a year of trying, feels good

just hope I get at least 1 piece of crap that makes me happy, I still have crap from the last one that I have no use for collecting dust

richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie
jaymanmsu wrote:You know, I've got the order form up and can easily get one, but the last few have royally sucked for me. Gonna pass.

/See, I can quit anytime I like

I have - in 6 years - never even attempted to get a Bundle of Carrots, but I was able to bring up the page - get into my account, but could not bring myself to click on "this info is correct"

trlovejoy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trlovejoy

The degree of sense of accomplishment that I feel at finally getting a big ole casa is kinda sad. Having said that - Hoo Ray!!!

----------
I woot, therefore I woot.

uncleop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages uncleop
felickz wrote:503 Service not available

aiCache

503 Service not available

aiCache

aiCache

Ayup - same deal. It was tantalizing to be so close and yet so far.

I wonder, as a rat in a maze or a gerbil in a ball, if the "engineers" at woot! actually have ever really tried to figure out how and what it would take to support the load and to quickly and politely tell people, "well, too late; it's all sold out". Perhaps this is an experiment in Marketing: just how much abuse will they take? How many times will they blindly push the "more food" button?

As a software engineer and one who has developed highly-available websites, I appreciate the difficulties. But, for the most part, they are Solved Problems if you have the hardware and software to do it. IMO, anything M$ just doesn't have the transactional oomph to handle a Barrels of Crud load. I guess the only way to prove it is to build my own one-day-one-deal site and see if I can get it into the same Happy Problem as woot! during a Barrels of Crud

GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob

Snagged #13 for me.

jones424

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones424

made it to the order screen then said denied

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
kyesdad wrote:I missed getting this because I was watching my son learn how to crawl. I'm so proud....but disappointed.

congrats to your son and my condolences on it too (as a father of 4 I can attest to the troubles that begin once they go mobile)

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

BrianWelter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrianWelter

First time I've completed the order and received an order denied message (out of stock). Arg.

Dogster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dogster

finally got Barrels of Crud.order screen was up..clicked the stupidly huge button..and...nothing..white screen of death...just now got email confirmation...i so cant wait to be dissapointed...lol

dfcnothing

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfcnothing

Got 2 order processing pages spinning. Here is to hoping one of them actually goes through.

timwes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timwes

Got to the spinning 'order processing' page, but no email. Closest I've come in 7 years.

moisheukd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moisheukd

Scored my 1st Bag of Cuuuuuute!

cramill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cramill

Woo hoo! Got my first ever Barrels of Crud

tinkernickel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tinkernickel

New to woot here, first experience with wootoff and first shot at Barrels of Crud didn't get one. I'll get over it. So how often do they do a woot!off??

lordsul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordsul

Sneaky woot changing up the time, well played.
I thought I was bummed for missing out then I turn and see the footflush and facecloth still in it's box from santa in my den and I suddenly feel better about missing Barrels of Crud # 11.

G'luck all w/ your haul

CrazedWhy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CrazedWhy

I got one, my first bag since.... Christmas. Looks like happy new year for me as well

JimmieBJr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JimmieBJr

*sigh*

After many years of membership, finally got to the purchase screen, then the purchase confirmation screen, then...nothing. Just timed out. Five times.

Pretty sure I give up on this.

aakolka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aakolka

Crap... I got one. HUZZAH!

bomberjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bomberjb

Nope. Thought I had it. Monkeys thought otherwise.

Maybe next time I'll try to be the first one on the forum to post a comment instead

madbomma

qwertyasd

quality posts: 13 Private Messages qwertyasd

My daughter got it but I didn't. Made it all the way to the order confirmation screen and it's still there.

nuketank

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank

I was the first of three in my work area with the alert. The first on the I WANT ONE button. I typo'd my conf code. Got a badly corrupted "You messed your card code" page. Typed it in, resent. 503, 503, 503, 503, 503.....

Better luck next bag. (That's what I said last time.)

... I'm going to go let my adrenaline high calm down.

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

zanyb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zanyb

YAY! Been wooting over 2 yrs and finally scored my first lovely Barrels of Crud! Hope it's worth the wait!

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237

Got in right in the begining, got to the order page and kept getting 503s...

Tried to go the wine.woot route in the end, got to the big yellow button, and made it to the your order went through page... but no email conf, or order on my account. Looks like I missed it yet again. Atleast this time it wasnt during my commute

No Barrels of Crud for me since may

evlwman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evlwman

BBBBBAG O' CCCCRAPPPPPP! YESSSSS! Got the 503 error, got the ai Cache, got kicked back to error with your credit card. And when I least expected, just got a Confirmation in my inbox that I got a Barrels of Crud!!

obob

quality posts: 6 Private Messages obob
obob wrote:Wow, it's literally been years, but according to my account page, I scored!

Yep, almost five years. I searched back ... the last Random Crap I was successful buying was April Fools' Day 2007.

This time it took two computers, each with 3 or 4 tabs trying and refreshing and throwing errors and reloading and hitting back and confirming to resend the form data and on and on an on ... was it worth it? I think just for the weird fun of the attempt, it was. Eight bucks worth of entertainment, maybe, and whatever shows up in a few weeks is a bonus!

By the way - NO bots, no plug-ins, no extra helpers of any kind, just me & two computers on my home network.

what, Me, sig?

cobra77000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobra77000

Got my very first Bolt of Craziness EVER! Freaking stoked!

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg

Clicked the Buy button, let it spin endlessly. Finally refreshed and was denied. Oh well, congrats to those that scored.

lilzacbop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilzacbop
angelich wrote:Got to the stupid large button but I dont think it went through...

Same here. Instead of loading the next page it took me back to the home page Closest I've ever gotten to getting one though

gmacpurifier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmacpurifier

I was pretty sure I didn't get the Crap. I thought my browser was just playing tricks on me. But I managed to get to the big button with enough refreshes and the confirmation email eventually showed up in my inbox. I never think this will work anymore - y'know, due to the dozens of times it hasn't worked - so it's always a shock when I can actually get through. Still - get better servers Woot.

Last Woot!: Brick of Carbonite
Last Bundles of Clones 5-23-12
Total Bundles of Clones: 10

magicwuff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magicwuff

I didn't think I got it, I got a 503 after hitting the stupidly large button. A few minutes after selling out it showed up in my email and my account page. woohoo! #6 for me

vabanu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vabanu
felickz wrote:503 Service not available

aiCache

aiCache

aiCache

Same thing, maybe this would be a good idea for shirt.woot.com

emjaycem

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emjaycem

Even tho I experienced epic failure at securing a Bandolier of Carrots, I thank the powers at Woot for offering it at a time OTHER than normal commute in the eastern timezone.

angiesauruswrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angiesauruswrex
JimmieBJr wrote:*sigh*

After many years of membership, finally got to the purchase screen, then the purchase confirmation screen, then...nothing. Just timed out. Five times.

Pretty sure I give up on this.

jimmie thats what happened to me... i got further on my cell then i could on my computer.