+ Add a Comment

JohnChod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnChod

Servers seemed to crap out completely for me - never even saw the page. Refreshed when the previous item was just about gone and never could get the page back until I saw the battery charger.

woncoolone

quality posts: 881 Private Messages woncoolone

Oh how we so try
To get past the big button
Only to be awed.

huncut

quality posts: 3 Private Messages huncut

ARUGH!
I got to the confirmation page, clicked, and then 503 503 503

Interestingly, I noticed wine woot sold really fast after it was all done. Not sure if it was celebratory buying or drown my sorrows buying.

irishguywi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishguywi

Congrats neighbor! Let's hope it is good stuff.

Art Fern wrote:Hey, Irish in WI...Polish in Janesville, here....

Got ya beat, bro: my 1st crap since 7/06!

Kinda bummed, tho: when and why did they start a 1 bag limit?? I was all set to get 3, if I got in!

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
markedwards wrote:I AM REALLY REALLY UPSET. I got in for the first time ever on the Bag of Cuuuuuute! and went through all the screens until I got to the final one with the big gold button to place the order. As usual, there was a wait, but then I got kicked back to the payment page where this was at the top in red:
There was an error placing your order. Please verify that all the fields below are correct and try again.
This sale is sold out.

EVERYTHING was filled out correctly, and I got all the way to the final page and hit the place order button, even reloading the page when it timed out and sent a 503. I KNOW I did everything right but you screwed me over and I am out of luck.

This isn't the first time I've tried to buy the Barrels of Crud but it is the first time I've been able (or so I thought) to actually buy it.

I did my part. What is Woot! going to do to make this right?

Woot will do the same thing for you as they will do for me - continue offering fine goods at a decent price, with the possibility of offering another bee-oh-cee in the future. And they will do it with a smile on their face.

And for anybody who feels that they have been personally slighted because they made it to a certain point but were denied due to 100,000 people trying to buy 3000 items simultaneously, they will have a vigorous chuckle over beers when the Woot-off is over.

I'll be joining them in spirit.

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec

Woohoo! Now we get to see what changes Colonel Crap hath wrought!

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

Do they still do the letter. I haven't got a Barrels of Crud in a while so haven't kept up. But checked a few past forums here and didn't see a reference to it.

borge12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages borge12

Got my third in a row. Hoping it will be better than the last!

michaeltherrien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaeltherrien

Holy (Bag of) Crap! After 4 years!!! Finally! I was able to get through the ordering process to get a Barrels of Crud WOOT!

Can't wait!

aericina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aericina

I had to keep mashing the big gold button but according to my email I am in for one.

nerys

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nerys

Folks complaining about server issues.

lets get a reality check here folks.

even if their servers could handle an infinite amount of traffic with ZERO downtime or lag.

you would have NO greater a chance of getting anything.

the reason is simple. the amount of people ORDERING this item far far exceeds the amount that is available by very like THOUSANDS of times what is available.

so you would just find out your a loser (like me) FASTER :-) hehe

ie POOF they would all be orders in 1-3 seconds.

oddly enough the server lag issue INCREASES your potential odds of getting one.

chazde3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chazde3

Scored my fourth Barrels of Crud within a year. Being glued to a computer for work pays off again. 2 other co-workers got them as well.

zolttt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zolttt

also if you hit the button after putting your cc code in, and then you get a white screen, I got that too, you have to either refresh that page, or go back and then refresh... you have to power through.

You can't just get a white page, pout and stop !!

I showed someone I work with the same trick, and then he ended up getting one as well.

I ruined my signature with poor cut and paste skills

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Derp, knew I should not have gone out to lunch and just waited for Woot! to put up the bacon olive cheeseburger. Oh well, my chicken shwarma and baba ganoush was so delicious and definitely will not provide further disappointment in a couple weeks.

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007
danheberden wrote:You'd think a captcha of sorts wouldn't be to much so legitimate buyers weren't pushed out by people with scripts to auto-buy :/

Then everyone will complain about the captcha

~D

MikePhoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikePhoto

Breezed through all the way until I pressed the Ridiculously Large Button to go to the final confirmation page. 503-503-503 ... after that; the order didn't go through.

3 years of trying, and still no Barrels of Crud

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." - Benjamin Franklin

Mestopholes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mestopholes

7 years of membership, my last 2 being Bundles of Charisma.. I have matured and learned the ways of the patient one.

lol hit the everything is correct button, made me wait about 2 minutes and it 503'd. Confirmation E-Mail came a couple minutes later and it's in the account. It won't be better than my first one... seeing as it was my first and all the craptacular items are still together in the same funky green Christmas bag... But here's to hoping for a good one ;)

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628

I got to the order processed page (after the big stupid button), but nothing on my account page.

boo

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Got crap!

Nothing follows.

jon98gn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages jon98gn

Dear Woot or Colonel Crap,

Now that Amazon owns Woot!, please implement the one-click buy option. I know previously due to patent issues with Amazon patenting the one-click buy process this was an issue. Now that Amazon owns Woot! there should be no patent issues with this. I have been foiled soooo many times because of the second Buy It Now! big button process where I either timeout or it never shows up. Feel free to ship me a Box Of CES or Boatload of Carcinogens pallet for this helpful feedback to help you streamline and capitalize on your impulse buy sales during Wootoffs.

Sincerely,
Sad but still faithful due to a lack of Barrels of Crud

\

maddmike71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maddmike71

For all those that were hating on the ipad earlier this is the third time I've gotten crap with my ipad where my computer would not get me in.

Will work for Barrels of Crud

BelyndaG

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG

Mine is still "working" on the confirmation page. I decided to just let it keep scrolling for now. Maybe the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

lizzitish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzitish
tworing wrote:Same here. I've been watching for the last 3 days...and missed it by a milasecond.

1 sale a day has been a nightmare, I tried it for 3 things.. I got 1, the other two they didn't send.. told me they were sorry, but took more than a month to get my money back (both times) and never got an item. And the email said just that "We're sorry for your difficulty" nothing else. No explanation or anything, just.. sorry. Woot may be frustrating, but the customer service is second to none.. they actually do love us back Woot is where my heart lies ^.^

Lizzi Tish

snake126

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snake126

After my first bag this past Christmas, I would much rather buy a pizza than get some more lip gloss and another hand towel.

MnemosynesCall

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MnemosynesCall

Last time I ended up getting all the way through to the final waiting screen (after you submit everything) only to later be told the inventory was insufficient - this definitely helps ease the scars from that sad

Just moved to Texas, we'll see if this speeds up my Barrels of Crud shipping time!

Or, better yet, I'll be driving through Dallas in a few days - any chance I could swing by and pick things up?

I sing opera.

King98er

quality posts: 0 Private Messages King98er

Been spinning for 25 minutes now on order processing.

Oh please can I has Barrels of Crud?!?!?!?

dalematthew

quality posts: 23 Private Messages dalematthew

Woo Hoo - my account page says I have one.

Thanks Woot for hanging in there with me over the last 3 days as I've been working really late at night

jonandabby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonandabby

I got to the last buy button, and then nothing. Unless it shows up in "My Account" later, I got foiled again.

CCericola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CCericola

Thank you Woot - this will make my head-cold filled day better.

hobbes9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hobbes9
nerys wrote:Folks complaining about server issues.

lets get a reality check here folks.

even if their servers could handle an infinite amount of traffic with ZERO downtime or lag.

you would have NO greater a chance of getting anything.

the reason is simple. the amount of people ORDERING this item far far exceeds the amount that is available by very like THOUSANDS of times what is available.

so you would just find out your a loser (like me) FASTER :-) hehe

ie POOF they would all be orders in 1-3 seconds.

oddly enough the server lag issue INCREASES your potential odds of getting one.

Thank you for the common sense, a lot of people don't seem to realize the truth in what you've said. Whenever I've been unable to get one, it's just how it goes. Got #16 today, fourth in a row, and there's not a tremendous amount of skill involved in it.

Some days you're the windshield, others you're the bug. Today's a windshield day, who knows about tomorrow? ;)

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg

Got another one. This time it was from the window started by Wootalyzer's "Buy Item" button. The last two times Wootalyzer's been competitive after lagging badly for me the last year or so.

Slow loading the pages but with the page that got it I don't think I had to hit reload. It never came back with the confirmation though. I knew I got it through the email receipt.

This is Lucky #13 for me, and the seventh consecutive, uh, "win".

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over

danewdk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danewdk

Im not sure but i had everything and after reading i may or may not have gotten one. whats the longest has anyone waited for an email, or to show up in your woot account or in your bank?

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
duodec wrote:Woohoo! Now we get to see what changes Colonel Crap hath wrought!

That's why I SO wanted this one... Then woot goes and does it while I'm out at lunch! RAGE! I think they should send replacement Barrels of Crud for all the people who got bug-infested wash cloths last time. Oh well...

mingsty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mingsty
Chris9450 wrote:Got to the buy page 4 different times, when I hit the gold button to buy, page went to "ordererror=true" automatically with no lag. Meh

On a lighter note, with the exception of the 3AM crap during the April Fool's wootoff a few years ago, I believe this is the first one to not happen between 3PM and 5PM EST.

False. There have been a few around 5 PST. But I get what you're saying. I'm glad they changed it up. Caught people off guard! We literally just got back from lunch and a coworker commented on what that sticky note was doing on my screen...brought up woot and it was timing out so I had a feeling it was a Barrels of Crud coming up and yep... LUCKY! Oh well it's fun!

I am nerdier than 98% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and write on the nerd forum!

maddmike71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maddmike71
maddmike71 wrote:Second, and while your at it give me my prime shipping

That was odd

Will work for Barrels of Crud

dbreau1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbreau1

I was so close...I clicked the big gold button and then...nothing.

sad face

Thechavo09

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Thechavo09

Did I get one?

liljennyxp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liljennyxp

im saddd!!! i lost my chance!! everytime i click the link, it brings me to the blog

at least show me the SOLD OUT print! but noooooo, all you guys got one and ive been trying for 20 mins! poop

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee

In for one using my HTC EVO View over Sprints awesome 4G network!

InfernoX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InfernoX
victorkruger wrote:Google chrome actually trolled me and was preventing me from refreshing when the 503's hit which caused me from not getting one.

A recent update for chrome now has an anti denial of service mechinisim installed for when a website returns 5xx errors and you hit refresh.

For those who experienced this madness go to chrome://net-internals/#httpThrottling to turn this "feature" off.

Wow, never knew about that! Thanks for the hot tip!