WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How's your mood holding up this winter?
  • 41.1% - Can't I just sleep until April? 1096
  • 33.8% - Pretty much like any other time of year, I guess. 902
  • 9% - I never want to leave this winter wonderland. 241
  • 16% - Who cares? It's sunny and warm year 'round where I live. Let me brag in the forums. 427
2666 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

plink22lr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plink22lr

All in all not a bad winter over all here in wisconsin but my digital thermometer reads -12 right now and I've got a 20 min. walk to work because of a flat tire. I'd throw on the spare but I'm less likely to get frostbite taking the walk.

Shicken684

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shicken684

Always depressed in January and sometimes Feb. Typically from Thanksgiving till march 1st you can expect me to a horrible person to be around. Even a new lady friend in my life is not cheering me up much.

zaprowsdower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaprowsdower

60 right now at 6am. Supposed to be in the 80's this weekend. Florida: At least the weather is nice.

ilexq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilexq

If woot ever did a deal on lightboxes, I would be all over that sht. And it's not even that cold where I live. Just... fracking gray and blah.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

5" to 7" snow predicted today, and my car takes to snow like a pig takes to roller skates.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
Shicken684 wrote:Always depressed in January and sometimes Feb. Typically from Thanksgiving till march 1st you can expect me to a horrible person to be around. Even a new lady friend in my life is not cheering me up much.

That's SAD.

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

I am highly affected by cold and gray weather. Like it says: That's SAD.
That is why I live near Tucson. Sure it is hot in the summer (which I like) but it is warm and sunny most of the winter. We have had a week of relatively cold weather (in the 40s) and a couple of nights where we had to cover our plants and pipes, etc. But, I think that is pretty much over. It is spoze to be near 70* today. I am playing golf.

I hate winter, so I chose to live where winter doesn't happen (well, not much).
Now, let me tell you about the summer...

michaelsalley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelsalley

I love winter -- the colder and greyer the better. Not saying that to contest the people who have legitimate problems with it -- but it just makes me happy. No sunburn to worry about, pretty snow, pretty grey skies --- I personally like it when weather is something to battle, not just something that sits there being boring.

Plus I'm really hot natured. My comfort zone outside in just a t-shirt is about 55 degrees, and when it's down in the teens I typically just add a light jacket.

That's 55 degrees F before anybody asks. If God wanted me to use metric there would have been ten disciples.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Florida!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981
plink22lr wrote:All in all not a bad winter over all here in wisconsin but my digital thermometer reads -12 right now and I've got a 20 min. walk to work because of a flat tire. I'd throw on the spare but I'm less likely to get frostbite taking the walk.

Agree that it hasn't been a bad winter here in Wisconsin. We had our first snowfall only a week ago and they're calling for 4-6" here today. The kids already didn't have school due to a teacher's inservice, and the snow has not started yet, so no having to worry about the drive to work. Currently it's 3 degrees here which is awfully bitter.

But I hate winter and wish I could just sleep through it lol.

cheechel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheechel

Texas where the summers are hella hot and the winters....are like spring.

motospyder

I have a friend who was born without sweat glands. She used to live in Maine and in Seattle. She loved it. Her husband was transferred here to Tucson. My friend is miserable and spends a lot of time cussing about living here. I don't blame her. I have lived where I couldn't stand the weather. I cussed a lot, too.
Now I complain if it gets much below 40.

timerider

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timerider
plink22lr wrote:All in all not a bad winter over all here in wisconsin but my digital thermometer reads -12 right now and I've got a 20 min. walk to work because of a flat tire. I'd throw on the spare but I'm less likely to get frostbite taking the walk.

Also in Wisconsin, but I have an hour drive one-way (an hour if the weather is nice) on country roads and a little over a ten-minute walk just from the parking lot to the building. When I got to my car last night my hands felt like they had been stabbed with knives all over. The thermometer in my car just said LO, meaning it went beyond its range.

It would be MUCH more tolerable if I didn't have college classes right now.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Michigan has had an unusually warm winter until now. It was 55 earlier this week. So I don't have the winter blues yet. But now the snow has started. Check with me again in March!

oldcqr

quality posts: 13 Private Messages oldcqr

Florida here as well. Prozac helps too! :P

motospyder

ilexq wrote:If woot ever did a deal on lightboxes, I would be all over that sht. And it's not even that cold where I live. Just... fracking gray and blah.

Do you live in Europe? San Francisco?
One of those light boxes would probably help. Moving to Miami would certainly help.
SAD

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

My mood is fine. Existential despair is a fine, fine mood.

azfreedheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azfreedheart

68 degrees and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. I'm sitting in my cubicle at the world's largest Consumer Electronics distributor in Scottsdale, Arizona looking out the window at the Barrett Jackson Auto Auction, and can hear the auctioneer chattering away. Starting work on our next product catalog for the best selection of consumer electronics anywhere! Life in Arizona is great!

acrobg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acrobg

something about it being in the 80s in January in CA, up until recently, when it's (darn!) in the 60s during the day.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

South Florida... Cold spell last night, may have dipped below 60. Sunny and 75 right now, will be in the 80's over the weekend and next week. Hated winter when I was a kid up north.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
acrobg wrote:something about it being in the 80s in January in CA, up until recently, when it's (darn!) in the 60s during the day.

My heart is bleeding for you lol. Snow is coming to this part of the country tonight. Want it sent by smart post or wired?

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

neminem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neminem

I chose the second option, but only because there was no "other". Actual answer: it's sunny and warm year round, which is all -kinds- of sad, and right now it's actually decently cool, which is -nice-. But not snowy or anything, that'd be less nice (and freakishly unlikely.)

(Edit: What's up with "Dot's poetry corner", by the way?)

zeratul734

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeratul734

I moved from Michigan to southern Indiana, and I miss the snow and curling up under blankets to stay warm. It's so beautiful and serene in Grand Rapids after a blizzard, somehow I miss even the driving.

But I voted sleep until April because Game of Thrones season two starts on the first, and the waiting is killing me...

knobody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knobody

another floridian who will be enjoying 80 degrees this weekend.

or for you yankees, um, it's cold here. and raining all the time. no sun. horrible. there's a hurricane coming. and, um, global warming. nothing to see here. move along.

knoelle11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages knoelle11

Currently -29 degrees here in interior Alaska. This is substantially warmer than the -45 degrees it was earlier in the week (SAD does happen). On the plus side, I've got an amazing northern lights display happening outside my window.

Woot: please sell some lightboxes and start shipping to Alaska!

nekuoflife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nekuoflife

phoenix+winter=70 degrees of awesome

pmsboi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmsboi

Its been sooo incredibly misrable here this winter, its been fridgid, all the way down in the high thirtys once!?! I mean thats just redonkulus, I didnt sign up for this crap! I hate these cold winter days in florida, having to bundle up in a light winter jacket once a year and THEN having to remove it two hours later when its back up to sixty!! I hate winter!!

sebitron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sebitron

I live in Texas, so I prefer winter because winter means it's actually a decent temperature here. Currently 54F, high for today in the low sixties. Much better than 100F+ weather in the summer. Then again, I've always preferred cooler weather and am planning on moving somewhere cooler after I graduate college.

devul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devul

70 degrees all weekend, but I'm not bragging.

NavyStore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NavyStore

It's been pretty warm and dry up here in Seattle until a few weeks ago. Now, we have almost two feet of snow in the metro areas and a dozen more up in the mountains. We also have shorter days since we are a northern state, but we just turn on a few extra lamps and power through.

skemsley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skemsley

Mid 40s - mid 50s for the next week. We got a splash of rain tonight. It's actually feeling warmer than usual for this time of year but I love it. Normally that rain tonight would've been snow that would've melted by mid morning tomorrow. Albuquerque--best weather on earth.

bogus

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bogus

Lamest winter ever. Here in Minnesota we haven't even gotten our first serious snowstorm yet and it's just recently started staying below freezing. Last winter was awesome, though.

c00per

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c00per

snowboarding is still fun!!! here in Minesota the hills are slightly limited but it is still fun... anybody else go to Afton Alps?

trixierix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trixierix

75deg here. We have two seasons: Summer and Spring. Haven't worn a sweater, glove, coat, scarf, boot, hat, etc all winter. New Orleans...at least the weather's beautiful!

grasshopper2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grasshopper2

Upper 70's maybe 80 in st Augustine fl tomorrow. Sounds like a beach day for the kiddos! Very mild winter this year. Going snowmobiling in Newfoundland in a few weeks so I'll be wearing about four layers of clothes to stay toasty!