unksol

quality posts: 13 Private Messages unksol
leilana80 wrote:I'm surprised there's not a twin sized one on Kids Woot.

the twin mattress slot was already taken by moofi

zcbmarne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zcbmarne

Why doesn't kids woot have a crib mattress? Just saying.

Boomerwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Boomerwang

It's funny, I was actually checking out a Groupon deal for a mattress yesterday, and was thinking about how I'd rather get myself one of these memory foam mattresses that Woot has every so often. Twin size is a little small when you've got a girlfriend who spends the night pretty frequently. Does anyone who owns one of these mattresses have any good advice as to whether or not this is worth the cost? And also possibly if it's worth looking into a Queen size or a Full size? I would greatly appreciate any input!

naekuo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naekuo

Do you have twin size foam mattress?

[Moderator: Our writers are huddled in a corner crying over the fact that you did not read their write-up which conveniently linked to all the sizes. ]

mm20

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20

I'm pretty sure no one else offers $5 shipping on these.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

I think I'll sleep on it...

turbobuick86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages turbobuick86

Need California King size.

nmctwx

quality posts: 10 Private Messages nmctwx
Due to the nature of Memory Foam, the firmness level of every item is unique. Please be advised that even similar products may produce different firmness results

So really it's a gamble on the firmness? What if I buy & don't like it? Will Woot refund the money if I return?

I'm shopping for a mattress right now and this would be good if I could return it if I couldn't sleep on it.

king0913

quality posts: 1 Private Messages king0913

If you bought one from each site, you could make a sweet mattress pyramid

lrvman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lrvman

Only 2.5 inches of true memory foam.. Rest is regular foam.. Pass!

xanadu1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xanadu1979

Do you really need to open the box within 72 hours? Hasn't it been sitting in the box in some warehouse for a long time already? I'm asking because I'm moving in a month and I'd like to keep it in the box until I get to the new place. Would this be possible/recommended?

nbocheltree

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nbocheltree

What a coincidence. My local Groupon offer for the day was a $200 credit on a mattress from MatressFirm (purchased for $50). You're a half-day too late, Woot!

zombiekicker

quality posts: 10 Private Messages zombiekicker

Got this back in Mar 2010 and love it. I've never slept this comfortably before in my life (save perhaps for the womb). My pillow-top just doesn't compare. This is a fantastic mattress (and the the $5 shipping is steal too). Highly recommended.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
jsoko wrote:Queen here, King on home.woot, Full on sellout.woot, Twin on Moofi. Is it mattress day or something?

Glad someone else noticed it right away.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234

I got one of these a few years ago.

I was reasonably pleased with it - in contrast to the horrible mattress in use - but after a bit it did become very 'indented' to that you either sleep in the 'low, hearder' part or if you're in the middle it's an angle to sleep on.

So I have mixed feelings about it, and think a good 'regular' mattress might make sense.

But it does seem like a very good value compared to prices I see on other foam mattresses, where even the two inch ones you put over a mattress can cost about the same.

eclecticartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eclecticartist
Boomerwang wrote:It's funny, I was actually checking out a Groupon deal for a mattress yesterday, and was thinking about how I'd rather get myself one of these memory foam mattresses that Woot has every so often. Twin size is a little small when you've got a girlfriend who spends the night pretty frequently. Does anyone who owns one of these mattresses have any good advice as to whether or not this is worth the cost? And also possibly if it's worth looking into a Queen size or a Full size? I would greatly appreciate any input!

Well, not having used this type (only the mattress topper which helped greatly after a car accident mucked up my back)and I will just speak to the size. My husband and I have a queen mattress. If you don't need loads of personal space when sleeping and don't have pets it is just fine. We have two dogs so it gets cramped and because they claim the middle and he gets more room than me I end up hugging the edge and wishing we had a king...but it works.

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
xanadu1979 wrote:Do you really need to open the box within 72 hours? Hasn't it been sitting in the box in some warehouse for a long time already? I'm asking because I'm moving in a month and I'd like to keep it in the box until I get to the new place. Would this be possible/recommended?

You don't HAVE to remove it at all. It says it will take 24-72 hours to expand fully. It's not a time bomb.

b4k4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages b4k4

kdbrich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kdbrich

In for 1....going to see how it does.

cmanjoo2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmanjoo2

Does anyone know the brand?

EDIT: Forget what I said before. If other Wooters are correct then it is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Peyton-10-Inch-Support-Mattress/dp/B0017LY6TC/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1327300741&sr=1-2

So a savings of $45 compared to Amazon for the queen size.

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

So, who here would go to a mattress discount place and pay $300 for a mattress with a 90 day warranty?

See what I'm sayin'?

Also - you would not believe what word gets replaced with "Dot's Poetry Corner" ...

But it starts with "L" and ends in "AME."

Just sayin'

xanadu1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xanadu1979
prttymf8 wrote:You don't HAVE to remove it at all. It says it will take 24-72 hours to expand fully. It's not a time bomb.

It also says to remove it from the box within 72 hours for best results.

fmcwoot

Can we hear from some of you who actually sleep on memory foam mattresses? What are the rest of us missing out on?

dmoola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dmoola

Is it just me or does nothing say or show the brand?

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

If you are looking for a nice kingsize mattress and have a sams club nearby, some clubs have the "Serta® 10" Gel Foam King Mattress by Sleep Innovations" priced at $388 if you buy and pickup in store. The queen size is $100 more and some clubs mark the king at $588.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod2470035&navAction=&&_DARGS=/sams/common/shopFilterFrag.jsp.3_A&_DAV=6381&_dynSessConf=-2876699890164582144

I ordered almost the same item, its the same brand, but its a 12inch queen size; from amazoo in November, and I love it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PEJ1NY/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

I don't have any real heat issues. I hardly ever sweat in my sleep, I used to all the time with a normal mattress. I have not ran into any pitting issues or impressions from sleeping in the same spot every night.

I have no knowledge about the coolwave mattress woot is selling...

The smell took about 3-5 days to completely be gone, the bed took about 2-3 hours to "fill out" and I slept on it that night. The smell will give you a headache so I would make arrangements to not sleep on it the first night or possibly the second night.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
zombiekicker wrote:Got this back in Mar 2010 and love it. I've never slept this comfortably before in my life (save perhaps for the womb). My pillow-top just doesn't compare. This is a fantastic mattress (and the the $5 shipping is steal too). Highly recommended.

Do you know what the brand name is? That's the only thing that's held me back from purchasing these.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

goosedaddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages goosedaddy

There isn't a kid-sized one or a cradle on Kids.Woot! and there isn't a bottle mattress on Wine.Woot!, nor is there a sleep/mattress related t-shirt.

You were almost funny Woot!, almost...

fmcwoot

dmoola wrote:Is it just me or does nothing say or show the brand?

Yea, that is odd, isn't it?

billveik

quality posts: 5 Private Messages billveik

have had one since September 2010. Sit along the side of it when using my laptop. This is a comfortable mattress that provides excellent support, allows me to awaken pain-free and energized. Turn the mattress every couple of months to prevent a pattern wearing in, there has been none of the permanent indentation.It has been hit and miss with these, but my old standard sleep set wore out, had to get something. This was on woot the next day so I went for it. Will buy memory foam from now on if this is how cheap memory foam feels. And seeing as I weigh 330#, your success may be even better.

Woo@@@@@@@ooT.........Ooops, was that me?
Beggin' your pardon, it must have been the w@@t soup.

unksol

quality posts: 13 Private Messages unksol
turbobuick86 wrote:Need California King size.

Walmart had one for the same price as woots king Free site to store shipping and seem to be very positive reviews. Different brand of course(maybe better?)

eneal10

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eneal10

I have an old two-layer memory foam mattress that is simialr to the one in this deal. I really liked it at the time, as a replacement for a "premium" pillow-top. I paid more for my mattress about 10 years ago and was completely satisfied. Problem is, it turned me to the "dark side" and I later spent 3x as much on an even better memory foam mattress (and I could not be happier). In short, this deal is probably much better than whatever conventional mattress you are sleeping on now, and at a very attractive price. Just don't hold me accountable when you convert and want to spend 1/3 of your life on an even better memory foam mattress next year. Today's woot! is a gateway drug.

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
fmcwoot wrote:Can we hear from some of you who actually sleep on memory foam mattresses? What are the rest of us missing out on?

I don't know about this brand, but I have a memory foam mattress. It has spoiled me. I never get as good a night's sleep on any other bed. Plus the gimmick of jumping on the bed with a glass of wine on it is no gimmick. I toss and turn a lot when I sleep. On our old inner spring mattress, I would wake my wife. Now I can roll around without disturbing her. It's comfortable in any position I decide to sleep on. I am a side and/or back sleeper, my wife is a stomach sleeper. Greatest purchase we've ever made. But once again, I don't know this brand, so I can't judge this mattress.

darkinc

fmcwoot wrote:Yea, that is odd, isn't it?

I am fairly sure its this guy right here...

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Peyton-Convection-Queen-size-Mattress/dp/B001TRET1O

rtameo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rtameo

I bought the non-ventilated version of this a while back. It took me a few nights to get used to it, as this is my first foam mattress, but I'm quite pleased with it, especially considering it's half the price of a fancy pillow top springy mattress.

This thing should come with a warning, though. Do not perform an Olympic high jumper flop onto this mattress like you might with a coil-spring. It's like landing on a bag of sand.

As far as some people saying it develops a pit or whatever, I haven't experienced that, but I only weigh 140 lbs, so I barely put a dent in it anyway.

After you get used to it, it's pretty comfy. I've noticed that I haven't gotten that "slept the wrong way" pain since I started sleeping on this mattress, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Okay, now that I've been a good doobie and written this review, I'm going to sleep on my foam mattress. Good night!

sheenyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenyman

Would it be worth getting this over a Wal-Mart Spa Sensations 12" MF bed that includes a 5 year warranty (as opposed to this 90 day warranty)?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations/7695950

The Spa Sensations 12" is $55 more, and you don't get pillows......but you do get 3" memory foam, and 4 years and 9 months more of a warranty.

Is this mattress any kind of brand name?? A 90 day warranty doesn't say a whole lot for this mattress.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

nmctwx wrote:So really it's a gamble on the firmness? What if I buy & don't like it? Will Woot refund the money if I return?

I'm shopping for a mattress right now and this would be good if I could return it if I couldn't sleep on it.

As is typical of all Woot purchases, returns would be for defects only.

The 90-day Woot Limited Warranty and this information in the FAQ should help.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mmmccabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmmccabe

I bought this deal less than 2 years ago. Same price but didn't come with the pillows. The mattress held up for maybe 6 months. After the 6 months there were indentations where we slept. I may as well have been sleeping on a concrete floor. Do Not Buy this unless you plan to use it has a "pillow top" to the mattress you have now (if you even want to risk that). I started developing back pain that I have never experienced before this terrible mattress. We finally replaced this mattress last week. Never going back to "inexpensive" memory foam. It isn't worth it.

fmcwoot

Thanks for all the memory foam mattress lifestyle testimonials. Question, what do you use as the base? Do you basically just use your current headboard, baseboard and box spring?

Kizzbot

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Kizzbot

If you weigh over 130 pounds forget this. The 2.5-inch 4-pound density is not thick enough to support you. Trust me, I sell bedding for a living.

darkinc

sheenyman wrote:Would it be worth getting this over a Wal-Mart Spa Sensations 12" MF bed that includes a 5 year warranty (as opposed to this 90 day warranty)?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations/7695950

The Spa Sensations 12" is $55 more, and you don't get pillows......but you do get 3" memory foam, and 4 years and 9 months more of a warranty.

Is this mattress any kind of brand name?? A 90 day warranty doesn't say a whole lot for this mattress.

Just a warning about "mattress warranties".

While they may sound great and worth the extra price you will likely pay, they are very very limiting as to what they will actually cover. Most of them have a minimum depth requirement for them to replace the mattress because of sink in issues and usually this is deeper then what is noticeably visible by the eye. Most of them also require the mattress to be stain free with no other physical problems, same mattress cover that came with it on it etc. and this can be a problem if you have kids or pets or eat in bed etc. Always try to read the fine print of them to see if its really worth it...