0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

If you need something a little tougher you should Head on over to Deals.woot/moofi

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

quality357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quality357

Oh boy this should go fast

dsreid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsreid

really Woot! *cough* Amazon... I knew you had more left..just drop the price about seventy bucks and I'm in for 3.

RBNinnja03

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RBNinnja03

BigJoeD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigJoeD

I have one and I love it. It's a bit hefty though. Now that WebOS is going open source it should get even better.

KCFalcon59

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KCFalcon59

I love mine. Bought it new for $149.00. This is too high for a refurb.

Tdavis81

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tdavis81

279 at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchPad-9-7-Inch-Tablet-Computer/dp/B0055D67HW

kerneltrap

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kerneltrap

woot finally got the touchpad, just not at the firesale price.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

We have three of these and love them. $219 refurb is more than the $149 new we paid - but what is it worth to throw one at the kid to play angry birds while trying to wait in the doctor's office? Shoot, who am I kidding, how much is it worth to throw at the kid when your trying to watch American Idol?? I'd buy this at $220 if I didn't already have 3. I realize others may feel differently - but they probably don't have as many children.

smigit2002

quality posts: 12 Private Messages smigit2002

Aw... Poor thing.

Well, for those who didn't know, the 32GB were on firesale for $150 a few months ago, while the 16GB were $100.

I own one, it's a pretty decent tablet, there are some things I like about it more than my iPad. One thing I will say is that you should do your research into the community's suggestions for speeding it up. Stock it can be a little sluggish, but with a few tweaks here and there it's not bad.

Also, there's the potential for Android running on it, though I can not speak to that as I haven't tried... yet.

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

SpkrBox850

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SpkrBox850

Can Android be installed on this?

Doesn't seem like Web OS is going to have a prospective future.

Roostalee

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee

I have one too, and I like it, but I noticed mine is developing cracks on the back around the speaker ports and the USB port. Turns out it's pretty common. Just FYI to any prospective buyers.

Potrzebie!

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

Without the firesale, it's a no-sale. Sorry, W00t! $150 too high for a dead product.

de4d5y

quality posts: 1 Private Messages de4d5y

I got a 16gb one a while back for $99. Definitely worth it. Cyanogenmod is already pretty usable on it too, if you want to use Android. I use mine daily for reading, browsing the web, and listening to music.

lichme

quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme

Anybody not needing this much storage may want to check out moofi to save a few bucks.

[MOD: Psssst: Sellout, not Moofi.]

Dissonance

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance

I have a 32 HP Touchpad (yes, I got one straight from HP when they had the fire sale. Don't hate.)

The process to make this baby dual boot WebOS/Android is pretty simple. Android runs very smoothly. This is a pretty cheap ticket to an Android tablet. Having said that, many people really prefer WebOS once they try it. Either way, you're set.

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

the famous $150 tablet but this time for 220? i think ill pass

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

NASCARGEEK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NASCARGEEK

Saw the same thing at Deals.Woot and thought they posted the same product. Alas, it was not. 32GB for $220. 16GB on Deals.Woot for $170.

squishemquick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squishemquick

It was worth the fire sale price and still is. Much more and it's a no-go. This would be on the line if it wasn't a refurb.

I predict no sell-out on this one. Bought mine for $149 local.

justcco

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justcco
KCFalcon59 wrote:I love mine. Bought it new for $149.00. This is too high for a refurb.

Agreed. One ought to be able to find it for new for this price.

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie

Bought one soon after the firesale for $200 cash. Mostly used by my 4 year old at this point, but worth every penny. Dual-boot with Android 2.3, i'll go to 4.0 once it's more stable. I'd stick with WebOS if it supported Netflix though, it's a really sweet OS.

Malik112099

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Malik112099

I got 3 of these in the 16gb version during the $100 firesale. Great tablet for the price. If you stick with webOS there are quite a few tweaks to speed it up.

You will have an even better experience if you install Android via Cyanogenmod as stated previously.

GitEmSteveDave

quality posts: 17 Private Messages GitEmSteveDave
Roostalee wrote:Me too, but I noticed mine is developing cracks on the back around the speaker ports and the USB port. Turns out it's pretty common. Just FYI to any prospective buyers.

You should call them up, and you might qualify for the free case/cover. I did. I really like it.

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

But they just sold the Acer 32 gb for $299 a few days ago. If this is so much less, what makes this a bad deal?

bleeps

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bleeps

Under "Environmental Requirements", it says it can operate in unpressurized environments from 0-5000 feet. Soooo...no good for residents of Denver?

jwmcclure

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jwmcclure

If you want a tablet to skype, check e-mail, browse the web and handle other PC like tasks - this is perfect. If you want a tablet that will stream the latest movies and integrate with large music/videio services - get something else.

The touchpad makes a great travel companion.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Well, this is a first for me, same item on woot and sellout, just twice as big. lol

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

cowboyesfan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cowboyesfan
BigJoeD wrote:I have one and I love it. It's a bit hefty though. Now that WebOS is going open source it should get even better.

I am amazed that HP never advertised the reason for the thickness over the iPad - the ability to charge the batteries by simply placing it on the recharge stand($50-worth the price). No need to plug in any wires.

Over all, very nice device. Great screen quality, great speakers, very fast.

ViperGuy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ViperGuy

I have one and love it!

Barrel of Cropsless since 2005
Like music and Woot! join the group and check out the crappy music I listen to.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Would one of these be a good upgrade from my Viewsonic gTablet?

Dissonance

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance
ckeilah wrote:Well, this is a first for me, same item on woot and sellout, just twice as big. lol

They do this a lot actually. Usually though it's a full size foam mattress on one and a queen size on the other :/

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie
jwmcclure wrote:If you want a tablet to skype, check e-mail, browse the web and handle other PC like tasks - this is perfect. If you want a tablet that will stream the latest movies and integrate with large music/videio services - get something else.

The touchpad makes a great travel companion.

I actually stream quite a bit through Netflix with mine, no issues at all. Modded to run Android though, as no Netflix support on WebOS.

JeffBeadles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JeffBeadles

At this price, refurb'ed and a dead product, I'd by a real android tablet.

Pass.

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

Couple questions... Wasn't HP getting out of the tablet business. Wasn't that the reason for the fire sale?

And speaking of "fire", isn't this a whole lot better than the Kindle Fire that sells for a few dollars less.

salwei

quality posts: 3 Private Messages salwei

I have one of these with android on it and love it (writing with it now). Make sure you pick up the HP case for it too as it protects and doubles as a stand.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

CM9 (Ice Cream Sammich) is running quite smooth on my 32gb Touchpad (hooray firesale price!). Just be prepared to deal with bugs/glitches until CM9 gets outta alpha mode. Stick with webOS if you dont wanna play around with Android. Im curious to see how webOS changes now that its going open source soon.

hooray beer!

thunderdog

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thunderdog

Wow, this is an awesome deal!!! I've also got a 386 refurb for $1500 and a Dreamcast respif for only $2K