Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Presidents Day is coming next week. But aside from the occasional musical tribute or potato-chip portrait, all the love goes to the handful of Chief Executives who adorn our money and monuments. Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson - yeah, great guys, but what about the rest? Can you identify the eight less celebrated presidents pictured below, who may have occupied the Oval Office but never served a term in the nation's heart?

Answers can be found by clicking here. Please post your guesses, speculations, or arguments below! But know this: the Trivial Eye is presented for public amusement and no prizes are offered other than that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia.

dhpersonal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dhpersonal

I have no idea who those people are, but I do feel that #7 should have just accepted that he was balding and to stop trying to fool everyone.

ssmith34

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ssmith34

Gerald Ford is the only president to never have been elected into the office. He was appointed to replace Spiro Agnew as Vice President, and a year later took over as President when Nixon left. He lost the 1976 election to Jimmy Carter.

gsuslikesme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsuslikesme

Pretty sure that Pierce played the dad on Bonanza...

NCP14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NCP14

Definitely not 100%, but I'm a big fan of learning about the presidents and my uncle used to have a trash can with all their pictures on it that I would stare at (because I'm cool).

My guesses are:

1 Benjamin Harrison
2 John Tyler
3 Gerald Ford
4 James Garfield
5 Rutherford B Hayes
6 Millard Fillmore
7 Franklin Pierce
8 Warren G Harding

cigar3tte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cigar3tte

I only know:
3. Gerald Ford
8. Warren Harding

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Tyler Ford

-sounds like a car dealership!

I also guessed Harrison, but for the wrong photo.

rtameo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rtameo

My guesses were:

1. Dunno
2. Polk
3. Ford
4. Garfield
5. Harrison
6. Andrew Johnson
7. Pierce
8. Some guy who looks just like Thomas Edison

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

#5 looks like my grandfather.
Hayes, is it? No, his name was Andrews.
Never mind.

jgribb1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgribb1

Ahh president Tyler, the one who annexed Texas as to gain political favor. Namesake to Tyler, Texas, another well known outpost.

I want my Baby Back ribs!!!!!