StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
demoultrie wrote:Who would buy this ugly thing? (snip)

I'm really worried about the guy/gal who bought *3*!

trenton21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trenton21
undertow976 wrote:My main question is - will this fight my Roomba or mate with it?

Hopefully mate, that would make an interesting youtube video.

snackpants

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snackpants

I own a XV-11, love it! Bought this one to replace it, and move the original upstairs. It is 10x better than the Roomba 53x I have, even with the brush/filter upgrade.

-JSP

iceathlete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iceathlete

No side brush!!!
No one has mentioned the lack of side brush and whether or not this thing gets up against base boards like roomba. I would think that it would miss everything in corners and around chair legs?
Current owners please enlighten me.

thomas998

quality posts: 20 Private Messages thomas998
doglife1 wrote:For $300.00 it better rub my back too.

No it needs to do more than a back for $300.

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter
kippyj wrote:The midget?

yes, ol' Chuy Bravo wOOts tOO!

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary
undertow976 wrote:My main question is - will this fight my Roomba or mate with it?

I don't know about it having a liking for Roombas, but it really loved the sloped wooden legs of our chair ottomans.... I had to intervene the two... Now it just ignores the ottomans like they were a one-night stand....

robbystowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbystowe
mitchloft wrote:Nothing - my Roombas do it. And the Scooba does the kitchen.

I'm noticing that the drive wheels on this thing look VERY similar to the ones on a Roomba. Industrial espionage?

i think you are right! they do look round!

dccarter

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dccarter

Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. Neato is earning his keep. (He joins the dog and cat as our third "little fellow" --thus, the "he.") Not perfect, doesn't get every spot. but does a better job of cleaning than I because ---well, because he actually vacuums.

First day I gave him full run of the downstairs, which is a complicated floor plan. He worked his way through the rooms and was almost neurotic about getting under the dining room chairs. Impressive. Worth every cent.

creepindeath89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creepindeath89

Mine is running right now. Just got it for this same price last time it was on Woot. We LOVE it. It does our kitchen, bathroom and carpeted floors. It picks up all of our two pets hair. WAY better than the Roomba. If you want to do your wife a favor, get one!!

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
maggie3052 wrote:Sorry, I knew that. My fingers miss spoke. Number 2 with a sweet tea?

Skip the sweet...otherwise, a salad sounds delicious. BTW, I just called JPP...I think he's gonna' jump in here.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary
iceathlete wrote:No side brush!!!
No one has mentioned the lack of side brush and whether or not this thing gets up against base boards like roomba. I would think that it would miss everything in corners and around chair legs?

Notice that the edges are SQUARE.... it can hug up right along the wall and get every speck of dirt it finds, and it will come back and do corners a few times for good measure...

rick21n

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rick21n

These must really suck, they are flying off the shelves.

Baked Orange Chimpanzee - 4/26/12
Braised Ox Chunks - 5/22/12

yellowspy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowspy

Neato XV-12 vs. the Roomba in a battle bots death match. Who wins?

kippyj

creepindeath89 wrote:Mine is running right now. Just got it for this same price last time it was on Woot. We LOVE it. It does our kitchen, bathroom and carpeted floors. It picks up all of our two pets hair. WAY better than the Roomba. If you want to do your wife a favor, get one!!

Do your WIFE a favor??? I'll bet yours would slap the snot out of you if she saw that comment!!!

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

synx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages synx

Who would win a gladiator-style battle between the Neato XV-12 and the Roomba?

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

Buy it for the cat in your family...

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
kippyj wrote:I have one of the 2000 numbered buckets. It's full of w00t monkeys. Trust me, the bags just aren't that exciting any more. My last one had STRAWBERRY PLANTERS in it!

Still Legen....wait for it....DARY!

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

creepindeath89

iceathlete wrote:No side brush!!!

It hugs the walls very well. This thing beats the Roomba hands down as a better vacuum, with two motors instead of one. We no longer have any floating pet hair in our house.

JustPaulPez

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JustPaulPez

How can I resist when Kippyj requests a personal appearance!!?

Hi all! Happy w00t-off!!

I refuse to waste any more time trying to have a better past!

kippyj

yellowspy wrote:Neato XV-12 vs. the Roomba in a battle bots death match. Who wins?

Well, I have two roombas (one came in a randombagofcrap back when they were good), so I can't compare them, but as anyone knows, you can just go to youtube and type in "roomba" and "kitties" to see a battle bot-type death match

virtualathlete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages virtualathlete

Did any make jokes about apple yet? Those are a riot.

peachtek

quality posts: 5 Private Messages peachtek
JustPaulPez wrote:How can I resist when Kippyj requests a personal appearance!!?

Hi all! Happy w00t-off!!

JPP!!! It's a true wootoff now!

~~We can't all be princesses. Someone has to wave as I walk by.~~

creepindeath89

kippyj wrote:Do your WIFE a favor??? I'll bet yours would slap the snot out of you if she saw that comment!!!

No she wouldn't!! She loves it. She used to say "I'm the only one that vacuums around here" and now we say "You and the robot are the only things that vacuum around here"!!

JustPaulPez

fmcwoot wrote:Buy it for the cat in your family...

Nice! But I thought they were supposed to get the cat hair OFF the floor!

Woody1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Woody1

I have 6 Roombas and if not for the wheels making tracks, I wouldn't even know they were even working. No, they aren't a Dyson (and I have actually picked up a Roomba with the Dyson suction before to prove a point to the wife) but they suck too.

I'm not feeling Neato for $300 either. For that, get a Dyson and burn 2 calories

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

kippyj

JustPaulPez wrote:How can I resist when Kippyj requests a personal appearance!!?

Hi all! Happy w00t-off!!

Oh, Hellzyeah!!! See the power of a genuine w00t goddess at work (btw, all women of w00t are goddesses as far as I know).

Hey, Paul...Peachy disappeared just after I called you. Lunchtime's over, maybe?

roccochiv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages roccochiv

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4831639

link for the previous woot sale and tons of reviews/comments about product vs roomba and xv-11

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

This does not sound "Neato" for that price.

thenativesarerestless

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thenativesarerestless

...... ooopsies

peachtek

jettent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jettent
fmcwoot wrote:Are people who bought this last time Woot offered it happy with their purchase?

Extremely Happy. I had a Roomba previously, which did work fine but replacing the battery was expensive. I decided to try the Neato based on all of the reviews of the day and we have been very pleased. We have a 55lb Belgian Collie mix (long blk hair, 3 medium length haired cats, 90% hardwood floors, area rugs and carpet. We let it run a couple of times to see what it might have a problem w/ - not much - and set it on a schedule. The only issue we have had is that two of the cats play chicken w/ it and it sees them as a wall and starts remapping. ;-) I have not plugged it into a computer yet to update but I had a message to last night. It is easy to program, clean and it comes w/ strips to section off an area if needed. It see's through the pets water bowl but it does not bump into it hard at all, where the Roomba would hit it and spill water. I would totaly recommend one for anyone w/ pets that want to keep the house clean and tidy. It gets under the couches, chairs and bed - all of the places the pets hang out in that you don't see - which makes it totally worth it.

JustPaulPez

peachtek wrote:JPP!!! It's a true wootoff now!

Kimber!! What a treat! Kippy told me she'd seen you!!

sharkync

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkync

Where are the Vornado fans?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
fmcwoot wrote:Buy it for the cat in your family...

Hey that's not a Neato! But good idea all the same.

I'm just hanging out, really.

peachtek

kippyj wrote:Oh, Hellzyeah!!! See the power of a genuine w00t goddess at work (btw, all women of w00t are goddesses as far as I know).

Hey, Paul...Peachy disappeared just after I called you. Lunchtime's over, maybe?

All lies I tell ya! Don't listen to her Paul.

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter
yellowspy wrote:Neato XV-12 vs. the Roomba in a battle bots death match. Who wins?

easy

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
jeffoftexas wrote:NO thanks. If i bought one of these id never get to watch my wife vacuuming in her black and white french maid costume...

I agree 100% and, by the way, you have a very nice house! -LOL-

magorphenger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magorphenger

Get comfy because a $300 robot vacuum is going to be around for a while.

Chronological Reorder

kippyj

creepindeath89 wrote:No she wouldn't!! She loves it. She used to say "I'm the only one that vacuums around here" and now we say "You and the robot are the only things that vacuum around here"!!

Well, I had a couple of things to say in reply, but since I've never been kicked out of a forum before, and I don't know who's modding right now, I'll keep my mouth shut. Let's just say I was a wife once.