AmdEmAll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AmdEmAll
bebopblues wrote:I bought this from woot for the same price before. I still haven't figure out how to make pass on the HDMI input to the HDMI output to the TV while in Standby mode. I always have to turn it on for it to work. I turn this feature on in the settings via RCA cable, but it never works.

Pretty sure it doesn't support HDMI passthrough. The more expensive ones do. I have the 1121-K

crashck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crashck

I want a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! full of tablets

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
Darksoul13 wrote:Cccaaannnnn'ttt sleep......

Mmmmuuuusssstttttt sssssttttttaaaayyyy awake.......

Buy the damn receiver!!! Buy it damn you!!! I would but I accidentally threw my speakers out....

Damn, its not moving...

Silly Rabbit......

blakem001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blakem001

I have a couple o' questions for anyone who would like to answer. (pref. someone who's won a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! in the past) How much does it cost? Does it vary in price? What did you win (i know it's different for all)? Is it only during Woot-offs? thanks

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk

Looks like they have 200 units....so 150 to go as of this post.

iamhappy726

quality posts: 10 Private Messages iamhappy726
crashck wrote:I want a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! full of tablets

I'm sure that if you sent that statement along with a check for a thousand dollars to the woot gods you might just get your wish.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6
blakem001 wrote:I have a couple o' questions for anyone who would like to answer. (pref. someone who's won a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! in the past) How much does it cost? Does it vary in price? What did you win (i know it's different for all)? Is it only during Woot-offs? thanks

Price: $3 + $5 shipping.

Vary in price: No.

What did I get: A broken RC Copter, a lighted USB mirror, 2 'skin' watches, and a reusable bag. Nothing to write home about.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

crashck

iamhappy726 wrote:I'm sure that if you sent that statement along with a check for a thousand dollars to the woot gods you might just get your wish.

My luck will be I will win a Barrels of Crud Ill go streaking around my neighborhood in excitement of winning, then I'll get an email from Fedex saying they "Lost" my Barrels of Crud full of tablets.

belowi

quality posts: 21 Private Messages belowi
teenracer6 wrote:Best thing I could find is the original Oregon Trail.

http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

Why did you do this to me, I was just about to go to bed! They have Below the Root too, this is not good.

fatduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatduck
blakem001 wrote:I have a couple o' questions for anyone who would like to answer. (pref. someone who's won a Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute! in the past) How much does it cost? Does it vary in price? What did you win (i know it's different for all)? Is it only during Woot-offs? thanks

Once I got a 32 inch LCD TV. Another time I got a Jonas Brothers pencil case, a joke-a-day calendar, and a broken video recording spy pen with like 10 gigabytes of video from the warehouse.

chrisandethan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisandethan

For those wondering about price variances, I'm forced to give this answer at the discount clothing retailer that I work at:

"Being a discount clothing retailer, the company buys products from a large number of sources, and, sometimes the same product from two or more different sources at two different prices. Therefore, you will sometimes see the same item in this store at two different prices, usually at different times, but sometimes at the same time."

For instance we recently had a shipment of Pasta Boats that came in at 3.99, then had another shipment come on at 6.99 a week later.

Grumpy customers abound...

crashck

I saw one person got pallets of car wax on youtube.

buysumtime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages buysumtime
topwop wrote:Well I was actually waiting for this. Until I see
they raised the price! Yeah, I know it's only 15
bucks more, still a deal breaker.

Agreed. Bought the same receiver from wally world with free site to store shipping. With tax it was only 5 bucks more. The ease of making a return makes it worth that much more. Not a bad receiver for the money, just not a great deal for a woot item.

tdavis7070

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdavis7070

Newegg recently had the vsx-1021 for $300 and its so much better than this one and is airplay ready

renatus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renatus

I finally did my part. Happy? I just got an old 7.1 system from c___gslist that is so complicated to understand it drives me crazy, I'm sure it's great in some way but it's too much for me, and it sucks not having HDMI. everything still just sounds "stereo" to me. This should fix me up being the old ignoramous that I am. (Is anything really in 7.1 yet anyway?) I'll just have to answer to the un-asked one about this in the morning.

chballard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chballard

They forgot to tell you that to actually set this thing up completely, you HAVE to connect it to your TV to see the menus!

Prey

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Prey
AmdEmAll wrote:Pretty sure it doesn't support HDMI passthrough. The more expensive ones do. I have the 1121-K

It does support pass-thru, but it can be tough to set correctly.
Oddly enough on mine it works only if my PS3 is on, then it allows the TV to operate without the receiver on... I think it has something to do with the order you setup/add the system components.

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep

I bought this the last time it was for sale a couple of weeks ago, and love it. I love the fact that it has 4 HDMI ports, and recommend this for anyone who has a lot of HDMI equipment.

The only down-side that I found is that it doesn't have a built-in video upscaler/converter. For example, I can connect my Xbox 360, PS3 and Tivo HD via HDMI inputs and then connect the receiver to my tv via HDMI out...., but if I connect my Wii through component (red/blue/green wires), the receiver won't pass through/upscale the component signal to the HDMI out. I have to get another pair of component wiring from the receiver to the TV.

I didn't have an extra pair of component cables, so I wound up not connecting my Wii.

Since I haven't touched my Wii in a while (GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER), it's no big loss for me.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

Phibbsr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phibbsr
AeroSquid wrote:is this better than the Onkyo SR 505/605? I was going to get one of those...

Wait and get the Onkyo NR 609.

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk
buysumtime wrote:Agreed. Bought the same receiver from wally world with free site to store shipping. With tax it was only 5 bucks more. The ease of making a return makes it worth that much more. Not a bad receiver for the money, just not a great deal for a woot item.

Actually it is a good deal. When it was the current model(they replace it every year this being the 2011 model) best price online was 249.99 with an MSRP of 299.99. So this is $100 off regular best price. How low do you expect this much tech to go with as much clean watts it pumps out and support the HDMI standard? I own it and I have never been able to clip or distort the sound. It hurts my ears too much to try.

DigitalDaredevil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DigitalDaredevil

I ordered one of these a week or so ago from Woot. I am very happy with it.

eaadams

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eaadams

Got one on Woot a while ago. worked for less than a month and then spent two in the shop. Still hasn't gotten plugged back in.

meh

dmiller50

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dmiller50

Geeezzzz.....how many are there? The balls went faster than this!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
DigitalDaredevil wrote:I ordered one of these a week or so ago from Woot. I am very happy with it.

How did you get it so fast?

chenkrenee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chenkrenee
crashck wrote:I saw one person got pallets of car wax on youtube.

I didn't believe you so I looked it up and Wakko Talks Faboo!?! Oh woot, you make me lol hysterically.

grrr.

apetown10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apetown10
wootdougwoot wrote:Call it what is.... a poop woot...

I seriously "LOL'd" at this

April

windraver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windraver

It broke! it won't turn on anymore!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

windraver wrote:It broke! it won't turn on anymore!

It's still covered by your 1-year Pioneer warranty. If you need a receipt, you can find it under Order Details for this item in Your Account.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders