3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Centon 64GB SDXC Flash Card
$49.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn

$84.99 + shipping/sales tax depending upon location at Tiger Direct/Comp USA

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=91269&CatId=7073
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=91269&CatId=7073

$84.99 + $5.84 shipping at Amazon (sold through Circuit City)

http://www.amazon.com/Centon-64GB-SDXC-Class-Flash/dp/B004S9JXFW

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

Roostalee

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Roostalee

Love to get this for my GoPro, but something tells me it wouldn't work.

Potrzebie!

neovenator

quality posts: 9 Private Messages neovenator

Centon always seems to get bad reviews, but this is really hard to pass up for my next trip...

gelatojo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gelatojo

Woot? You'll let me buy 3 of these, but you only ever let me buy 2 of the 32G cards ever... why why why? Grrrr

woncoolone

quality posts: 618 Private Messages woncoolone

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

This seems kinda pricey for a flash card, even if it is 64 gigs :/

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Well, I found 1 review!

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

$84.99 + Shipping @ CompUSA.

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=91269&CatId=7073

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

webmosby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webmosby

actually, it's $70 free ship directly through amazon (on right side of amazon page) So, this is $15 cheaper.

therealjrn wrote:$84.99 + shipping/sales tax depending upon location at Tiger Direct/Comp USA

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=91269&CatId=7073

$84.99 + $5.84 shipping at Amazon (sold through Circuit City)

http://www.amazon.com/Centon-64GB-SDXC-Class-Flash/dp/B004S9JXFW

Alpha197

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alpha197

*sigh* I remember the day when I bought a 256MB memory stick duo for $49.99. Seemed like yesterday...

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen
calebmitchell wrote:This seems kinda pricey for a flash card, even if it is 64 gigs :/

"class 10"

most deals you see are for class 4 cards... this is more than twice as fast.

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

64? MAN THATS A LOT OF GIGAMANEUVERS!

Calobi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Calobi
calebmitchell wrote:This seems kinda pricey for a flash card, even if it is 64 gigs :/

It's a class 10, though, so it's read/write speed is faster.

lgs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgs

I wish I could find an MP3 player to use this with. Even the biggest luggable devices only use microSDHC these days.

Samstag

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Samstag

Woot get out of my head!

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

Wow. I don't even know what sdXc IS ... or what it'll work in - or won't ... same as sdHc? Or whut ...?

hoffmanbike

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hoffmanbike

love xkcd good choice.

15 craps and counting.

Crazykid

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Crazykid

Centon seems to overstate their class. A class 6 is not really a class 6. Read reviews on Amazon on Centon cards.

Dan!

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dan!

Not at all. In fact, I just paid $79 for a 64GB SDXC card, and that was a cheap price. (it was a class 16 though...)

As much as I cannot recommend Centon products (I am in the process of RMA'ing two of their 32GB DataStick Pro modules I bought from Woot last March) having the option to send them back for replacement in the case of usability seems to offset the risk, given the price.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

64GB - HUGE! Some say size doesn't matter, but truth is, it does... and this has what you need!

potter412

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potter412
Roostalee wrote:Love to get this for my GoPro, but something tells me it wouldn't work.

.the GoPro does not support SDXC or ANY card beyond 32Gb

311ncubus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 311ncubus

I bought this for my Canon Rebel to shoot video -- it's Class 10 so it should kick ass, right?

Wrong. It fails to record after ~ 10 seconds.

It is still awesome for shooting stills... But, a little disappointing.

jbgroup1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jbgroup1

If it were a micro card that would be great but as it is 4 times bigger than the hard drive in my first computer I'll be in for three. Now I can have lots of storage in my netbook.

Chi. Yes, I want you to do something for me. I want you to go in my room, look over my suits, in the ceiling, up on the ceiling you'll see a key stuck there. I want you to take it down and bring it to me. Meet me at the Total Experience in one halfa hour. Can you dig it?

potter412

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potter412
sdbcmr wrote:Wow. I don't even know what sdXc IS ... or what it'll work in - or won't ... same as sdHc? Or whut ...?

via wiki:

Compatibility with SDHC

SDXC host devices accept all previous families of SD memory cards.[25] Conversely, SDHC host devices will accept SDXC cards that follow Version 3.0, since the interface is identical,[3] but the following issues may affect usability:

SDXC cards are pre-formatted with Microsoft's proprietary and patented exFAT file system, which the host device might not support. Since Microsoft does not publish the specifications of exFAT and its use requires a non-free license, many alternative or older operating systems do not support exFAT for technical or legal reasons. The use of exFAT on some SDXC cards may render SDXC unsuitable as a universal exchange medium, as an SDXC card that uses exFAT would not be usable in all host devices. Since the FAT32 file system supports volumes up to the SDXC's maximum theoretical capacity of 2 TB as well, a user could reformat an SDXC card to use FAT32 for greater portability between computers (see below). FAT32-formatted SDXC card can be used in a host device built for SDHC if the host device can handle 64GB and larger volumes.
An SDHC host device will not test the new capability bits defined for SDXC 4.0 cards. It will therefore not be able to use the new features of SDXC, such as transfer speeds above UHS104 (104MB/s).

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6
neovenator wrote:Centon always seems to get bad reviews, but this is really hard to pass up for my next trip...

From what I have read, it has a nasty habit of amnesia with media. Dont buy it if the trip is important to you for taking photos and video and keeping them.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

kist221

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kist221
Roostalee wrote:Love to get this for my GoPro, but something tells me it wouldn't work.

2 - 10 mb/s speeds on average... i bought the 32gb one for my canon rebel t3i and works great exempt for high definition video for the memory is too slow to keep up with the camera...

eviloverlord333

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eviloverlord333
bmrbill wrote:Well, I found 1 review!

How is this for weird - exact same review on Tiger AND CompUSA

jbgroup1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jbgroup1
eviloverlord333 wrote:How is this for weird - exact same review on Tiger

Tigerdirect and circiutcity.com are part of the same company as well as compusa.

Chi. Yes, I want you to do something for me. I want you to go in my room, look over my suits, in the ceiling, up on the ceiling you'll see a key stuck there. I want you to take it down and bring it to me. Meet me at the Total Experience in one halfa hour. Can you dig it?

kist221

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kist221
311ncubus wrote:I bought this for my Canon Rebel to shoot video -- it's Class 10 so it should kick ass, right?

Wrong. It fails to record after ~ 10 seconds.

It is still awesome for shooting stills... But, a little disappointing.

Same problem here for my t3i. Stops recording after a few seconds... Got it to work once at the beach for a while but that was it...

webmosby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webmosby

That's because its the same company. Tigerdirect, Circuit City, and CompUSA all are run by Tigerdirect.

eviloverlord333 wrote:How is this for weird - exact same review on Tiger AND CompUSA

illuxion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuxion

I'd rather have 2 32gig Sandisk ultras for slightly more or even 2 32 gig transcends for less money than one of these.

cma0651

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cma0651

I got the 32 gb version on woot (also a class 10) and after 20 sec of recording it just stopped.

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn
webmosby wrote:actually, it's $70 free ship directly through amazon (on right side of amazon page) So, this is $15 cheaper.

Oh I see it now, free ship with Prime. Thanks for the correction

EDIT: Direct through Amazon link is showing OOS (out of stock)

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

allene222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages allene222

And I remember $50 for 10 256K floppy disks...

Mitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mitty

TigerDirect and Circuit City are the same company now...

(Oops, late, someone else already pointed that out...)

I'm in for one. Gonna put music and video files on it for my MacBook Air, which has a smallish SSD. Classic Centon reliability won't be a big deal if it's just copies of media files.

JohnnyDD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnnyDD

These ARE NOT that fast. They have problems

mattschuette

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mattschuette

Staff

lgs wrote:I wish I could find an MP3 player to use this with. Even the biggest luggable devices only use microSDHC these days.

I have a Cowon D2+ - a little dated, but fantastic. Apparently, the SDXC cards that comply with the SDA 3.0 spec (like this one with it's lowly nine pins) can be reformatted FAT32 and work as a massive SDHC card, which the D2+ supports. I'm using a 32GB Centon card I picked up when we sold them and it's been a champ. Write speed isn't stellar, and I noticed just today it's abysmal when almost full, but I don't write that often. Super tempted by this.

clutterbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clutterbug

Thanks all for the info regarding using this card for Canon Rebel/T3i...was gonna buy one, and now I'm out. Already been thru that 10 second stop thing...now I only buy high quality brands, class 10.