1%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Skil Tool Set
$2.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

But do these tools have SKILs to pay the bills?

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

Crazykid

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Crazykid

I've the T-Handle tool. It's very useful..

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

What are you thinking woot? nobody will buy these when they aren't holding up a woot-off.

Edit: Buy 3! Prevent a future woot-off killer!

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13

What a tease. I thought that was the point to get them all.

Well then I choose you easy turn 25 piece set!

Silly Rabbit......

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

If this is a Skil Tool Set, does that make the cast of Jersey Shore and unSkil tool set?

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor

This is a fantastic deal. I purchased a similar set at home depot for 3 times the amount. In for two.

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

neovenator

quality posts: 9 Private Messages neovenator

Woot sure loves their screwdrivers. I've got a couple of these and they're pretty handy, so I guess you could say I do, too.

dtairtime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtairtime

These are not worth the price when you have to add shipping. Home depot has been running a lot of cheap in-store low quality tools of this type (for the junk drawer or wife) that all seem to be of better quality and comparable price.

lalaclassic

quality posts: 51 Private Messages lalaclassic

So... which is going to sell out first? I've noticed the cheaper sets like this have a tendency to sell out? So... bets anyone?

xantonin

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xantonin

But... what if I want to have them all?

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg
thumperchick wrote:If this is a Skil Tool Set, does that make the cast of Jersey Shore and unSkil tool set?

No, it just makes them stupid excuses for human beings. Btw, I heard that the one called "snooki" is gonna have a baby. Upon hearing the news, I wept for humanity and have contemplated building a giant laser that will destroy the world and everything in it just so I don't have to live in a world where snooki is responsible for raising a human into adulthood.

digidorm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages digidorm

I got the "Precision Screwdriver Set" somewhere: highly useful for working on laptops and R/C helicopters.

Has Flat, Phillips, Hex and Star tips in many tiny sizes. While the handle portion is cheap, I've stripped screws before I destroyed the bits... which was not expected.

I've been here longer than WootBot.

chefspina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chefspina

Though you got em all...oh well, I'm still in for one !

Stave177

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Stave177

The precision set is incredibly useful. Surprisingly enough, I ruin screws before I ruin bits. I didn't expect that level of quality from something this cheap.

bigticket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigticket

so $9.75 with tax in store or $8 with shipping on w00t....not THAT fantastic of a deal...

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

Awesome! I can get these to go along with the SKIL 12" MITER SAW THAT I BOUGHT TUESDAY! COOL!

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Gripe

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Gripe

"Palm Driver Set"; is it something the a pliers that you press to tighten/loosen!!

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

I can't speak for the other sets, but the precision screwdriver sets that I wooted well over a year ago still serve me well. The great thing about this particular set is that the bits snap into the holding case securely. Most inexpensive sets like this are so poorly made that when you barely move the case all the bits fall out of place. Because the bits stay where they should in the case I have managed not to loose even one one bit in over the years' time!

Kerig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Kerig

My guess is that Woot's shipping department needed some downtime?

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

Skil's tool sets are pretty good value. They're cheap, and relatively good. I'd recommend picking up 3 (save on shipping), and they'll last you a while.

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou
dtairtime wrote:These are not worth the price when you have to add shipping. Home depot has been running a lot of cheap in-store low quality tools of this type (for the junk drawer or wife) that all seem to be of better quality and comparable price.

You're right! But only if you get one set.

I've gotten these before, and found them to be quite reliable. Chuck the extension piece in your cordless drill, and you have a cordless driver.

Get 3 sets, to make it more frugal. You're not going to find bits this inexpensive.

steve

mdoodeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdoodeman

I can vouch for the multi-bit screwdriver's usefulness. I have one for home and for work, and love them.

aj3711

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aj3711

I have arthritis and the T-handle set looks like it would be perfect for me. Sometimes my grip doesn't work very well, and for the price, I think I will buy a set for my mom as well. Thanks woot!

strawberrygirl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages strawberrygirl

Anybody know if the precision set would have bits small enough to deal with a digital camera? The screws on the camera are eyeglass-screw sized (in other words, teeny-tiny).

cbosworth09

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cbosworth09

Just picked up the easy turn and precision sets. Thinking I should have gone with the T-handle as well. It is not too late...

My night will be filled with contemplation now.

xantonin

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xantonin

Anyone have insight into how the automatic bit changer works?

Dhaishan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dhaishan

Extend to access extra bits, rotate to choose desired bit, push the bit through chamber to replace then finalize by rotating the bit to adjust ratchet direction

LambertJohn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LambertJohn

These are at Home Depot for the same price, minus the ridiculous shipping charge.

John1000

quality posts: 19 Private Messages John1000

Please clarify - does the easy turn 25-piece driver set come with a storage case? Pictures include the case, but the description does not.

digidorm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages digidorm
strawberrygirl wrote:Anybody know if the precision set would have bits small enough to deal with a digital camera? The screws on the camera are eyeglass-screw sized (in other words, teeny-tiny).

I feel like such a shill tonight, but it would be ideal for camera work. All the bits are the sizes you see in eyeglass repair kits.

I've been here longer than WootBot.

theguruguys

Trying to find out if the automatic bit changing screwdriver is worth it.

QVC has it for $16 after shipping, with 5 reviewers rating it 4.5 stars.

There is only one review at Compusa, but its positive.

I guess Ill grab one and try it out.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

John1000 wrote:Please clarify - does the easy turn 25-piece driver set come with a storage case? Pictures include the case, but the description does not.

Yes, it should be as you see it in the case. I'll email for them to verify in the morning but I don't expect any surprises.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

richboi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richboi

Bought 2 other skil sets (screwdriver and socket set) the last time they were on here and keep them in my car... They have proven useful more than a few times!

In for 3 MORE different ones since I get charged shipping and tax anyway!
Go Woot!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FWIW, I buy 3 of these when they come up (a different set each time) and stick them in my closet for Christmas presents to my 2 nephews and brothers. They're great filler presents.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

doux1958

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doux1958

Not too early to buy Christmas Stocking stuffing...Got a son in college he will be very popular in the dorm...Ladies love a handy man! With a tool!

theguruguys

LambertJohn wrote:These are at Home Depot for the same price, minus the ridiculous shipping charge.

Home Depot carries Husky, not Skil, bit they are essentially the same tools made in the same factories. Considering you can get three for $15 with tax on woot, its a bit cheaper to go with woot! than it is Home Depot, and definitely not 'ridiculous' shipping.

crypto1701

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crypto1701

Hey Woot.. why don't you put the word "or" between the sets names instead of commas?

If Joss Whedon and Steven Moffat wrote a story together, nobody would live to the end.

ffequities

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ffequities
strawberrygirl wrote:Anybody know if the precision set would have bits small enough to deal with a digital camera? The screws on the camera are eyeglass-screw sized (in other words, teeny-tiny).

I have fixed numerous digital cameras with their precision tool sets... Go for it!