5%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Denon 5.1 Channel A/V Receiver
$159.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

This SOUNDS like a great deal.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

CNET Reviews: http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/denon-avr-1312/4505-6466_7-34647678.html

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Can you hook a record player up to this? I'm Entry level as HECK when it comes to record players. Someone help me here.

RascalMJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RascalMJ

...seems like bout $100 off from other sites

jjfahey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jjfahey

No 5 Channel analog inputs. Fail.

Spectral

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Spectral

I've found this system produces the best sound with the Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable.

[From Mod: It's a joke. Move along.]

ekowalski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekowalski

I don't know what this thing does.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

D'oh! My bad pun fell on deaf ears tonight.

ndeans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndeans

Is woot an authorized Denon reseller? I know Denon can be very snooty with warranty service if you do not buy your Denon gear from an authorized reseller.

Nice receiver at a great price, but I'll hold out for some in the 3xxx range. My 3806 is doing just fine for now.

I have too many woots to list.

500 Chars. doesn't cut it w00t.

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich

Nerts. Eye want Weye-Feye.

CowboyDann

thumperchick wrote:D'oh! My bad pun fell on deaf ears tonight.

Two puns in one night? Time to go to sleep.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
CowboyDann wrote:Can you hook a record player up to this? I'm Entry level as HECK when it comes to record players. Someone help me here.

Probably not without some extra hardware (unless your turntable has line out). ehow has an article on how to connect a record player to a receiver without a phono input (ignore their comment about 'going cheap' with the cables, as long as you don't go dollar store cheap and you will be ok. Don't buy monster expensive cables).

Radio Shack has a chart with which cables/equipment you would need.

Here is an inexpensive phono preamp for $17 at Amazon.

jomomma59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomomma59

You are kidding, right? The/that link for that cable wire was running 400$ (lol!) used "just" under 1k$ (Oh My Gookie! !) refurbed, and well, one new for (wt*!) 10K$. What on EARTH would I need a dedicated link cable for?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ndeans wrote:Is woot an authorized Denon reseller? I know Denon can be very snooty with warranty service if you do not buy your Denon gear from an authorized reseller.

Nice receiver at a great price, but I'll hold out for some in the 3xxx range. My 3806 is doing just fine for now.

If you have any problems them honoring warranty service, contact service@woot.com and they will get in contact with them.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lichme

quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

Don't expect bose type sound from it, however for the price and features, this is a great deal.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

theguruguys

jomomma59 wrote:You are kidding, right? The/that link for that cable wire was running 400$ (lol!) used "just" under 1k$ (Oh My Gookie! !) refurbed, and well, one new for (wt*!) 10K$. What on EARTH would I need a dedicated link cable for?

Either this a bot with a horribly bad attempt to make an automated post or this should be nominated as one of the most incoherent posts I've ever seen on woot! community.

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
thumperchick wrote:D'oh! My bad pun fell on deaf ears tonight.

WHAT??? I had the volume turned-up and missed your comment!

Murph74

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Murph74

@Cowboy Dann: Per Crutchfield's review of this item: no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp

martmann4

quality posts: 15 Private Messages martmann4
lichme wrote:Don't expect bose type sound from it...

Which would be a good thing.

Learn how to post a link:
[url]THE WEB ADDRESS[/url]
11 extra keystrokes, that show you care.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx <Like that.

peloponese

quality posts: 3 Private Messages peloponese
CowboyDann wrote:Can you hook a record player up to this? I'm Entry level as HECK when it comes to record players. Someone help me here.

Judging from the specs and the image of the rear panel: no, not without a separate phono preamplifier.

CowboyDann

Murph74 wrote:@Cowboy Dann: Per Crutchfield's review of this item: no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp

peloponese wrote:Judging from the specs and the image of the rear panel: no, not without a separate phono preamplifier.

Thanks guys!

radstu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages radstu

IonAudio has several Turntables with built in pre-amp such as:

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/profile-lp

(I've used their USB converter turntable to get some old johnny cash LPs onto my iOS devices, but haven't used their other stuff)

jomomma59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomomma59
theguruguys wrote:Either this a bot with a horribly bad attempt to make an automated post or this should be nominated as one of the most incoherent posts I've ever seen on woot! community.

I am just trying to find out what or why I would need one of those Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cables. That link went to Amazon and would cost btwn 400-10k$.

theguruguys

Murph74 wrote:@Cowboy Dann: Per Crutchfield's review of this item: no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp

I posted up here with some links to what is needed in case they don't know what a phono preamp is etc.

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu

not enough optical audio inputs...

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

Seems very similar to the Pioneer 5.1 receiver woot sold recently. Is the Onkyo next?

eliplan312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eliplan312
jomomma59 wrote:I am just trying to find out what or why I would need one of those Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cables. That link went to Amazon and would cost btwn 400-10k$.

whoosh.

it was a joke, there are a bunch of joke items on amazon (like $999 cables)

teknokill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages teknokill

Spend $80 to $100 more and get the next step up with a Denon AVR-1612. This is the newer model of the AVER-590, which I have. Reviews are great. It has the lip sync and audyssey microphone used to calibrate your surround sound audio. This one does not have that. I love my AVR-590 Denon.

DigMe

quality posts: 23 Private Messages DigMe

I really hope the "don't expect bose quality sound" comment was tongue-in-cheek.

brad

ffejie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ffejie
Don't expect bose type sound from it, however for the price and features, this is a great deal.

After three Bose 3-2-1 systems flaked out on me after less than 2 years each, I'm happy to not get "Bose Sound" out of something. I switched to Denon. I couldn't be happier with the sound quality.

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

from having an older, but similar model of both this denon, and a pioneer receiver(s) that have also been offered, Denon sounds so much way super more better than Pioneer. pioneer just sounds stale and over-processed while my denon is crisp, clean and true, but not lacking in warmth

whitebare7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whitebare7

you can, but you will need either a turntable that has a phono preamp built in or you will have to buy a phono preamp as most new receivers do not have a built in preamp

CowboyDann

theguruguys wrote:Probably not without some extra hardware (unless your turntable has line out). ehow has an article on how to connect a record player to a receiver without a phono input (ignore their comment about 'going cheap' with the cables, as long as you don't go dollar store cheap and you will be ok. Don't buy monster expensive cables).

Radio Shack has a chart with which cables/equipment you would need.

Here is an inexpensive phono preamp for $17 at Amazon.

Sorry, I scrolled by that super quick and missed it! Thanks a lot theguruguys!

dawhoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawhoda

Trying to find out if it has a sub input.

theguruguys

jomomma59 wrote:I am just trying to find out what or why I would need one of those Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cables. That link went to Amazon and would cost btwn 400-10k$.

I couldn't understand your post on its own. After going back and seeing the post you were speaking about I do understand it a bit better now. When you reply, hit the quote button so the post you are replying to is automatically quoted, it will avoid some confusion.

theguruguys

dawhoda wrote:Trying to find out if it has a sub input.

input?

You mean subwoofer pre-out? It has one of those.

theguruguys

eliplan312 wrote:whoosh.

it was a joke, there are a bunch of joke items on amazon (like $999 cables)

The MSRP for those cables at Denon are $499. It appears to be an ethernet cable, more or less. They sucker in dumb audiophiles (as opposed to non-stupid audiphiles who know better). It's not really a joke, more like a rip-off.

dixneuf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dixneuf

I have this amp.

I build a crackling fire in the fireplace whenever I listen to LPs.

It adds "warmth", and the soundfield dithering makes it almost like listening to a CD except for the rumble.