WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Yesterday, the chosen ones were named. They were assigned missions, and now, we the people can predict their fate!

Now if this sounds like the jargon spouted by some weird cult, that's because it is: the cult of the NCAA March Madness Basketball Tournament. And we'd like you to join it with us by filling out a bracket in our "Woot Peoples" Yahoo "Tourney Pick Em'" group! It's open to everyone; you just need to sign in using your Yahoo, Gmail, or Facebook account.

Now, if you're having a hard time filling out your bracket, here are a few simple steps to get you started:

1. Think back on the many comprehensive college basketball articles you've read over the past few months.
  2. Compile all of the knowledge you've acquired.
  3. Throw it away.
  4. Click a bunch of random teams until the bracket is full, because really, in the Big Dance, nothing ever goes the way it should.

That last step is really important, especially if you're not that into sports. This isn't some stat-tracking, number-crunching fantasy league. It's a game of clicking. Seriously. That's it. A mouse is required; a knowledge of college hoops is not.

So join us! It might just turn out to be the most exciting thing to happen to March Madness since Gus Johnson!

ALSO: HURRY UP! THE DEADLINE FOR BRACKETS IS 12PM EST MARCH 15TH!

Also, Also: For those who are vehemently against even thinking about college athletics but love a good bracket, we've got our own custom March Madness competition coming later this week. Stay tuned!

Photo by flickr user, phil denton used under a Creative Commons License.

hayesjc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hayesjc

What options do you have for those of us who refuse to be automatons and have no facebook, yahoo or gmail accounts, yet are fervid basketball fans??? Can one be both???

Non-conformists get no respect.....

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

hayesjc wrote:What options do you have for those of us who refuse to be automatons and have no facebook, yahoo or gmail accounts, yet are fervid basketball fans??? Can one be both???

Non-conformists get no respect.....

You can draw it on a piece of paper, scan or photograph it, and post it in this thread! Or you can make a throwaway Yahoo account to only use for basketball, like I did.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui

And the winner gets?
A new car?
A Bag of Cuuuuuuuuuute!?
Bragging rights over the other Woot nerds?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 131 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

I'm Kristy on there, apparently all attempts to change it to my fake name have failed.

dakillabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dakillabee

blocked by work!!!

glibdud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages glibdud

Oh what the hell. No implications whatsoever? I'm in.