3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Neato All Floor Robotic Vacuum
$299.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

mm20

quality posts: 33 Private Messages mm20

How does the Neato compare to the Roomba?

edit: And the guy above me beats me by seconds. Thanks!

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

DrjinG

quality posts: 10 Private Messages DrjinG

Best robotic vacuum cleaner out there! If my wife didn't like vacuuming so much (she really does, lucky me!), I'd buy one.

luvche21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luvche21

So this one's not based off the movie/book/Apple product like the iRobot eh?

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

I want a robotic vacuum really bad, just not THIS one...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

Neato and Dyson on two different Woots in the same day. Brain is at critical mass....explosion imminent!!!!

-boom-

HarryBeanbag

quality posts: 35 Private Messages HarryBeanbag

I got this on a previous woot and I can say I love it. Much better than a Roomba which I also got on a previous Woot Off years ago. In actuality, the Neato vacuumed my floors today and my place was nice and clean when I got home. If I didn't live in a one bedroom, I would get a second one for the upstairs if I had one.

snang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages snang

Does this thing work with the Power Glove? 8 or 16 bit graphics?

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

This thing looks like a K'nex built robot vaccum.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

snang wrote:Does this thing work with the Power Glove? 8 or 16 bit graphics?

My son said it looked like an NES. Heh.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nobgobblin69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nobgobblin69

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but is this as noisy as my roomba? anyone had both? Hate the noise of the rooma..

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

If there are no videos of kittehs riding this, then it's not for me!

jasonking0351

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jasonking0351

$300 is pretty steep...for 20 bucks I'll come sweep your floors the old fashioned way while making as many beeping sounds as you'd like for effect!

JMHSRV

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JMHSRV

For folks who haven't owned a robotic vacuum, they are not a replacement for regular vacuuming. Robotic vacuums are more like robotic carpet sweeps. There is an appearance of clean on carpets and rugs because the mat gets combed. Most of the dirt gets shuffled down into the carpet and eventually needs to be vacuumed out.

And if that doesn't bore you to tears, there's always fish:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jmhsrv-fish

kiegelis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kiegelis

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/24/neato-xv-11-robotic-vacuum-review

Engadget says this is A LOT better them a roomba, this one cleans a room 10 minutes faster (4 min vs 16 mins) and does not bang into stuff.

jclear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jclear
nobgobblin69 wrote:I know this sounds like a dumb question, but is this as noisy as my roomba? anyone had both? Hate the noise of the rooma..

Haven't heard a Roomba, but I have the Neato. It is pretty noisy, not quite as loud as a full vacuum, but still pretty loud.

I have it set to run when I'm at work, so noise isn't an issue. It does a good job on my hardwood floors.

lichme

quality posts: 2658 Private Messages lichme
djalliduck wrote:If there are no videos of kittehs riding this, then it's not for me!

nobgobblin69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nobgobblin69
jclear wrote:Haven't heard a Roomba, but I have the Neato. It is pretty noisy, not quite as loud as a full vacuum, but still pretty loud.

I have it set to run when I'm at work, so noise isn't an issue. It does a good job on my hardwood floors.

thanks for the info... my roomba needs a beating now and again to make it stop spinning. maybe this is the solution for me. gonna sleep on it (not the roomba!) i have all hard flooring except short pile bedroom
this should be an upgrade i think

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

My roomba would not approve. My scooba probably wouldn't mind, though. He's like that.

jerry99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jerry99

What I like best about the Neato compared to the Roomba is how much easier it is to remove and empty the dirt container. Also love the fact that I don't have to hassle with removing all the hairs that get wrapped around the rollers.

emerisle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emerisle

Bought this on a previous Woot. LOVE it. No bumping into white baseboards. Kind of loud, but just schedule to run when I am not home. My dogs hardly blink at it, even when it passes over a paw. Cleans up a fair amount of dirt, too! So nice to come home after work and have the apartment vacuumed...

emerisle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emerisle
lichme wrote:

that is awesome

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
kiegelis wrote:Engavdget says this is A LOT better them a roomba, this one cleans a room 10 minutes faster (4 min vs 16 mins) and does not bang into stuff.

BotJunkie says this is due to the neato making only one pass through a room as opposed to roomba's multi-pass wandering around. Interesting images of patterns:

http://www.botjunkie.com/2010/06/04/irobot-roomba-560-vs-neato-xv-11/

(Note that these aren't current models.)

renatus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renatus

I got this in a wootoff or something and I love it. I had a roomba that was barely worth it.
This IS louder than a roomba but it's not an issue because it does my entire apartment thoroughly in the time it took for the Roomba to do one room. Easy to empty box (lifts out- no mess), easy to program with onboard buttons, and can do many rooms without the "virtual walls" and still find it's way back for a charge then return to complete the house afterwards. It's really better than I thought it would be.
It's worth noting I have hardwood floors, I can't comment on it's heavy carpet performance, but area/throw rugs have been fine too, no tassles caught. Oh, it's great that you don't have to yank stuff out of the wheels and spindle every other run like roomba, and the actual suction is worth the noise. For pet hair/dust on hard floors this is made of win.

Urgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Urgo

I got the black version of this from woot a few months ago. It's not perfect but I like it.

ablickle

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ablickle

Expanding my own comments from last time this was up:

Bought one a few weeks ago. We had been running our Roomba 530 almost daily, but wife's long hair meant cleaning brushes after just about every run. We even had a screwdriver in the kitchen just to remove the side brush to get the hair out from under it. While we liked the amount of dirt / dust Roomba picked up, our floorboards were beginning to show Roomba wear.

Neato is much easier on the walls, floorboards and furniture, no constant banging into stuff. It reliably cleans every room every time and picks up a good bit more dirt than Roomba. Best part is that the hair ends up in the bin, not wrapped around the brush, so there is very little maintenance.

If you have pets or long human hair, this is a huge improvement over the Roomba.

I also like that everything gets cleaned every time I send Neato out. With the Roomba that was hit or miss. Neato will go into every room, if it runs out of battery it goes back to base, recharges and then continues from where it left off. It does about 2/3 of our 1500 sqft condo before it takes a break to charge.

Noise level is similar to a Roomba, maybe a little louder, and not quite as loud as our Dyson.

It has a scheduling function, but I just hit the start button on my way out in the morning and the place is clean when I get home at night.

I have had 3 Roombas, one Scooba and 2 robotic lawnmowers (my first Woot purchase in 2005...), and this is the best of the bunch

ablickle

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ablickle
nobgobblin69 wrote:I know this sounds like a dumb question, but is this as noisy as my roomba? anyone had both? Hate the noise of the rooma..

It is similar, but without the banging into walls and furniture. And since it does one room at a time, it is easier to be in another room while it is running. Roomba seemed to follow me around...

Crombie

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Crombie

This is $100 less than at Amazon where the great reviews sold me. I will be using mine on hardwood floors and the main use will be for vacuuming in the room where my pet birds like to toss seeds out of their cage all day. I bought one!

dccarter

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dccarter

Bought one of these from Woot several weeks ago, couldn't be happier.

Our Little Fellow, as we call him, does a great job, full dirt bin every time.

Fringe: He has gotten tangled in the long fringe on a couple of rugs. Now I fold the fringe under the rugs before I turn him loose. Thirty seconds of work is a small price to pay for his services if it keeps him happy and functional.

Steps: The second day I carried him upstairs, set him in the doorway to a bedroom and switched him on. When I turned my back while I picked up some socks, he swung around into the hallway and headed for the stairs. As I ran to his rescue, he paused at the edge of the top step, spun around and took off down the hall.

Pets: After an initial inspection, the dog decided Neato isn't worth further attention. Wally-cat has ceased giving Neato the evil eye. Yesterday Wally barely rolled his belly away from the radiator as Neato went by. The children are co-existing.

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich

Neato vs. Roomba jousting ... FIGHT !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg9ZaXHZQBI

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge

Do we have to blow the dust out of the cartridges before we can play the game?

eseest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eseest

I bought this during the last Wootoff, after several Roombas bit it (note to self, don't buy any more of the respiffied ones from Woot). I've liked the Roombas, but the Neato is so much smarter it makes Roomba ride on the short bus. Neato is at most a little louder, and it is done faster than Roomba, so that's a wash. Roomba is more of a "sweeper" and Neato is more of a vacuum. Where you will really notice the difference is that, unlike Roomba, Neato keeps itself neato. I was constantly disassembling and cleaning the Roombas to keep the brushes from getting too clogged with hair and rug fur, but I've been using Neato for weeks and haven't had to clean it once. The dust cup is easier and neater to empty, too. Add in that it doesn't "bump & run" but actually plans its course, and there is no contest between this and Roomba.

Uberglitch25

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Uberglitch25

I got one of these from Woot a month or two ago, and so far it's the best thing I've ever done for my floors. It spent the first few trips picking up 6 months worth of accumulated dust and dirt. Now I never see it work - but once or twice a week I check the bin and empty out the accumulation. On odd weekends, I take it into the rooms it cant get to during the day, and let it do its thing there. I did have some hair get wrapped around it in the first few days, but that was the woman's long hair that had built up. All in all, if you've ever wanted a robotic vacuum, go for this one - no regrets.

robdcm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages robdcm

If you have cats and do not already own one of these - BUY IT RIGHT NOW!!!

We bought one during the last (terrible, sucky, Barrels of Crud-less, FSM-less and almost entirely bogus) Woot-off, and we love it, love it, love it!

We have a Maine Coon and a Bombay, and hard-wood floors with rugs. The cats ruined the rugs the same day they were vacuumed, and the floors would get all gross quick. NJow, we turn on the Neato when we leave for work every day and come home to nice clean floors, with Neato-tracks in the entire house.

One of the coolest things is that it cleans under the beds - every day.

It also gets both the bathroom and kitchen every day. We'd clean those floors as needed, but Neato does it no matter what.

This things rocks - buy one now.

JRuegg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JRuegg
ivanivanovich wrote:BotJunkie says this is due to the neato making only one pass through a room as opposed to roomba's multi-pass wandering around. Interesting images of patterns:

http://www.botjunkie.com/2010/06/04/irobot-roomba-560-vs-neato-xv-11/

(Note that these aren't current models.)

The XV-12 is just the XV-11 in a different color. Same insides.

JRuegg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JRuegg

Neato is introducing the XV-21 in April. It's supposed to have a better brush and filter for pet hair.

From the article, it sounds like the XV-11s and 12s can utilize the new filters and brush after a firmware update.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/11/neato-robotics-xv-21-vacuum-sucks-up-pet-hair-and-allergens-lo/

I also purchased a Neato last time it was here. I love it.

jeremiahj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj

I have had this for about 2 - 3 months now. Once I got over the initial 'honeymoon phase' of having my very own personal robot slave I realized that it actually is still pretty dang cool. However, for those who might want to click the sexy 'Buy Now' button -- please allow me to share a few things with ya:

• I price researched and found the same item on Overstock for *slightly* more. However, the abundace of coupons, first time customer discounts, free shipping, and free 'club O' cash back meant that I scored the exact same vacuum (slightly different color) for quite a bit less than the Woot version. I should also mention that I have to pay sales tax with Woot and not with the O(~25 dollar difference).

• After a couple days of use I found that my device got confused in the middle of a stroll on my hardwood and reported an RPS error. A little google detective work uncovered that this was a common issue -- similar to the 'RROD' found with the Xbox 360. Normally this would suck...however this is where Neat-O earned my eternal love and affection. After a very simple chat (3 - 4 mins tops) with their quick to answer support rep. I was told that they were shipping me a brand new one at no cost, and I could just box up and ship the broken guy back using the waybill they provided. Simple. A whole day later the new one arrived and it has worked flawlessly. Seriously, that is pretty straight to the point, customer focused support. Also, the rep hinted that I was welcome to keep some of the bits (filter, magnetic strip, etc. since they just want the broken unit). Not a big deal, but just a cool way of saying -- have free stuff for your troubles.

• Register your device on their website and they send you free stuff (filters).

• There is a modding community for these (not that I have done anything) that allows you to install / update the device. To do what? I don't want to know... I only used the onboard USB port to install the Neat-O suggested updates and moved on.

• If you have an animal that likes to poop on the floor, this little guy will be glad to paint the surrounding floor with said poop. Awesome. At least it has lasers.

unixrab

quality posts: 10 Private Messages unixrab

BLAST YOU brutherford !!! I paid $60 more for this @ target.com --- you can't give a guy a break? "yeah we're sold out...but wait a month well have a ton more?" That's all you needed to say!

Sheesh... OK.. so... This vacuum kills the 3 roombas we've had. The brush is gone, replaced with rubber rollers - It's louder, but easier to empty - I don't care about the noise. The first day, there was some hair and stuff left from the pets in the carpet... but by day 7 - everything is looking great. I like the magnetic strips to control where XV12 goes versus the roomba's battery munching sometimes-works infrared lighthouses. The scheduler is easy . I pick the XV over any of the Roombas hands down. Very happy with my TARGET.COM PURCHASE BRUTHERFORD ... !!! argh.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/387489a2-0fcf-444c-88fa-fd62266c36b0/neato-robotics-xv-12-vacuum-system-white#0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^