pcfriendly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcfriendly

No need to worry about a refurb. They actually go through more testing than "new" computers.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
santiagoanders wrote:For every time you posted this you should have your quality posts reduced.

Yeah, the woot server is acting up paired with posting from my touchpad (bad storm moving through computer is unplugged) caused tons of dupes. I've deleted them now sorry for the clutter.

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

thomas998

quality posts: 20 Private Messages thomas998
mitchloft wrote:Only 9 items since midnight? I begin to wonder if just perhaps WOOT's time has passed...

Sadly the change in ownership has caused a decidedly rapid decline in wootworty items. It might as well officially change its name to AmazonClearance instead of woot.

Not to mention the servers are more unreliable now than when they were a standalone. How does that happen? I hoped that with Amazon's backing the dead servers would be a thing of the past, now they seem to die quicker than a fat man running a marathon.

mattryan

quality posts: 41 Private Messages mattryan

Saw HP and was excited... only there is no Harry Potter...

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron

Woot is dead. Love live the Woot

Quality post? Me??

keithww

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keithww

In years to come newbies will complain about a slow and crappy woot off and we will reply, "This is nothing, the Woot-Off of March '12, that was a crappy Woot-Off, we stared at a screen for days and it was nothing but Hp Laptops."

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

Who agrees that with the server problems and comment problems and tracker problems stuck on poo from earlier that it it could be all topped off with no Barrel of Crops. This would make last woot-off fail in comparison to this one with no crap! Oh how you tease us Woot

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep
projmgtpro wrote:It's not wootalyzer, it's woot. I've tried connections at work, at home and on two different phones. I've tried wootalyzer, woot watcher and manually updating. Things just are not working and not updating. Orders are not going through, and I've tried a LOT (at least 25 times for various items.) Bahhh, wootoffs take enough energy as it is . . . don't need these issues while I'm trying to work too. They lost me for today.

It's a little ironic that the woot killer appears to be woot itself.

So many people with money in hand have left and More will probably leave feeling bitter.

I really wish that Woot could just draw a line in the sand and say if all problems aren't fixed by 12 noon, then they should punt on this, reschedule the woot off, and let us know when it's rescheduled.

I get that they are trying to resolve this, but with many parts of the site acting weird...., ths just isn't a fun experience for us customers.

I want to be happy giving woot my money. I don't want to encounter problems buying stuff and being a web server load test monkey.

Anyway, my sympathies to the forum staff.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

martmann4

quality posts: 14 Private Messages martmann4
willibuyher wrote:The F5 button lasts me about 16 months on each new computer I buy, sorry...I have about 4 months left on this one...

You do know that you can buy a keyboard without a new computer, right? :^)

Learn how to post a link:
[url]THE WEB ADDRESS[/url]
11 extra keystrokes, that show you care.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx <Like that.

thatdecade

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatdecade

lol, API seems working again, and the laptop immediately sells out.

skbruck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skbruck

My wootalyzer just started working.

Keith Brucker

jonandabby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonandabby
skbruck wrote:My wootalyzer just started working.

Wootalyzer started working as Woot stopped working (again). Fairly ironic, I think.

awinters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages awinters

I just don't understand why the site is so server incompetent. This is a major website and they've been doing woot-offs every month for....forever. Every month, this stuff happens. The fact that the company hasn't bothered in ALL THIS TIME to fix whatever keeps happening EVERY SINGLE MONTH, says that they don't give a sh*t about the customers it totally frustrates every month.

I think woot is dead because it deserves to be.

awinters

I just don't understand why the site is so server incompetent. This is a major website and they've been doing woot-offs every month for....forever. Every month, this stuff happens. The fact that the company hasn't bothered in ALL THIS TIME to fix whatever keeps happening EVERY SINGLE MONTH, says that they don't give a sh*t about the customers it totally frustrates every month.

ScoopLV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ScoopLV
eepeep wrote:
Anyway, my sympathies to the forum staff.

I think we should post things like "Neener neener neener!" The staff will really appreciate our helpful stress-testing of the forums...

Funkthulhu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Funkthulhu

This woot has the "tough as nails" and "Hard to Kill" advantages...

"Ph'nglui nglw'nafh Funkthulhu R'Lomaha wgah'nagl wootagn"*

*In his house in Omaha, Funkthulhu is Wooting. . .

JustPaulPez

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JustPaulPez

Hey!! It's bouncing!!

(no "bouncy" pics this time! probation is no fun!)

I refuse to waste any more time trying to have a better past!

richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie

BOUNCE?

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo
awinters wrote:I just don't understand why the site is so server incompetent. This is a major website and they've been doing woot-offs every month for....forever. Every month, this stuff happens. The fact that the company hasn't bothered in ALL THIS TIME to fix whatever keeps happening EVERY SINGLE MONTH, says that they don't give a sh*t about the customers it totally frustrates every month.

This kind of stuff doesn't happen every month.

awinters

eldiablohijo wrote:This kind of stuff doesn't happen every month.

I don't think a month has gone by without some server problem freezing things up, shutting woot down completely for a period of time, the bar not moving, people complaining of orders not going through, etc.

It's never new issues. It's always something that has happened in several previous woot-offs.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
eldiablohijo wrote:This kind of stuff doesn't happen every month.

I'd also like to assure people that there are people looking into things, many of whom are too busy to actually speak at the moment.

Which is why they have me. So I can let you all know.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ZDarryl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ZDarryl
martmann4 wrote:You do know that you can buy a keyboard without a new computer, right? :^)

You do know that he was joking, right?

7+ Years
81 woots
219 items
1 order to steal1
$2,458.57 and counting!!!!!

ZDarryl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ZDarryl

Wow, 3 hours to sell 133 laptops........

7+ Years
81 woots
219 items
1 order to steal1
$2,458.57 and counting!!!!!

potter412

quality posts: 7 Private Messages potter412
awinters wrote:I just don't understand why the site is so server incompetent. This is a major website and they've been doing woot-offs every month for....forever. Every month, this stuff happens. The fact that the company hasn't bothered in ALL THIS TIME to fix whatever keeps happening EVERY SINGLE MONTH, says that they don't give a sh*t about the customers it totally frustrates every month.

THIS certainly does NOT happen every month, or frequently at all for that matter. I don't know where you're getting that from. Unless you speak of "bagofcrap" moments (and if that's the case... really?!). I'm sure woot is much more upset about this than any of us are. They are losing money, while we are keeping ours. So give them a break and let them get things fixed. And a side note, I wouldnt give a sh*t about customers that complain like this either. if they deserve to be dead, why are you here?