stevethelil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevethelil
nickoz wrote:I have the iPhone version and was very surprised with the quality, definitely more than a ziplock. I was able to easily use a screen-protected iPhone thru the case.

You have violated Woot protocols by suggesting that accuracy trumps snarkiness.

smokeditty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smokeditty

No overheating issues?

wootietootiefrootie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootietootiefrootie

They call it an iPad case, but they use some other tablet in the photo...hmmm, I don't trust it.

nuketank

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank
sadsephiroth wrote:Where are the wonderful Wootalyzer posts? Going back, looks like since the MP3 server error, there are no more pricing posts. What did you do, Woot! You broke the cloud AND wootalyzer?

Wootalyzer, and many of the watchers based on a similar API, are down, since Woot went down while the Sanyo voice recorder was up.
When the API gets fixed, they all should start working again.

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

EltonNoway

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
rick21n wrote:Don't be a fool. Vulcanize your tool.

Thanks... you made me laugh out loud!

xotony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xotony
eldiablohijo wrote:I don't understand why you would be bringing your $500+ device anywhere that it could possibly get wet.

Well, now you CAN.

nneelix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nneelix
brentm3 wrote:The issue would be the melting point of the material.

I disagree the problem is the case is only big enough for $100b, the profits from the New iPad wont fit in the case.

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot

For your fish who has everything...

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo
Froggypwns wrote:I like to leave my house on occasion!

I just went in for 3, I ride motorcycles daily year round in upstate NY, I usually put my tablets and other goodies in ziplock bags on rainy days to give extra protection in case my luggage leaks.

Fair enough.

I guess I just had some picture in my head of someone trying to White Water Raft with their iPad.

Dempsey15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dempsey15

This sucks!!! NEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXTTTTT!!!!!!

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

I have this in the phone size. It is an excellent product. It truly is durable, waterproof, lightweight, floats, and enables touch screen use through the plastic. I am gonna chance that this will fit my Toshiba tablet, and buy this now.

EltonNoway

eldiablohijo wrote:Fair enough.

I guess I just had some picture in my head of someone trying to White Water Raft with their iPad.

Say what? You mean everyone doesn't?

vivaciousvalerii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vivaciousvalerii

I got this last woot off. It's a decent product, I wouldn't ever submerge my ipad with this case on but it works well for when I want to read in the bathtub.

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames

I went in for one, though I have concerns on the durability of the plastic in which the grommet hole is placed. A close-up would be nice next time.

oklahomafire

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oklahomafire

For sure not an iPad! More like an iPad wanna-be

bolligra

quality posts: 31 Private Messages bolligra

I bought one last time, and now I don't know why. I'm not taking my iPad swimming or boating. And anyway, if I use it I would have to take my tablet from its case. I think I'll use it to freeze steaks.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster
nneelix wrote:But will it float (cue David Letterman).

Seems kind of pointless unless it comes with scuba gear as well.

Actually yes, it DOES float. Here's a clip from YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McybVNJVRAA

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 4 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

I have heard this is a top seller for Mermaids and fish.

nickoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickoz
stevethelil wrote:You have violated Woot protocols by suggesting that accuracy trumps snarkiness.

My apologies.

nerv2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nerv2112

These allow me to use my ipad to navigate my skii boat without worrying about it getting wet. Also can connect to my boat sound system via bluetooth. I paid $30 for another brand (that did not include a pad) but I am in for 2.

Oh also if you put a iphone in one of these you can still talk on it while its in there.

gwendyw

quality posts: 8 Private Messages gwendyw
eldiablohijo wrote:I don't understand why you would be bringing your $500+ device anywhere that it could possibly get wet.

I take it you don't read in the bathroom...got one for the little one's Kindle for just that reason.

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak
drmurdoc wrote:5 buck ziplock bag

Every time this product comes out, so do the Ziploc comments. Well, I wouldn't trust any electronics to a Ziploc bag. The corners break down real fast as well as the seams near the zipper, and they get brittle and split.

There are similar bags down at the REI that campers use because they are built to be truly waterproof for electronics, as well as appropriate for food storage because they don't leak odors that attract animals. Bottom line is that not all sealable plastic bags are cheap, flimsy Ziplocs.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy
fmcwoot wrote:For your fish who has everything...

Should have left the Ants game running.

taraandtyler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taraandtyler

All I want is to read my kindle in the bathtub, but my clumsiness has prevented me up to this point. It is like they invented this for me.

kmf600

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmf600

I wonder if I take a dump in the bag will it stay dry

sailsagain

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sailsagain
sinarms wrote:What's next an ipad fanny pack?

Oh, they probably include a free fanny pack when you buy the iPad.

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

EltonNoway

zikzak wrote:Every time this product comes out, so do the Ziploc comments.

I wouldn't trust any electronics to a Ziploc bag. The corners break down real fast as well as the seams near the zipper, and they get brittle and split.

Bottom line is that not all sealable plastic bags are cheap, flimsy Ziplocs.

Whoa... jump back!

cmawoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmawoot
jseureau wrote:that's not an Ipad!

That kitty is running but not getting anywhere!

bryndi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryndi

your phone/iPad/whatever is touch sensitive works great in this. i use it for reading books on my kindle in the hot tub.