Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

Got it, love it, takes awesome pics!

sarahkavitski

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sarahkavitski

Is this what they took the video of the cat on the neato with?

rayray8822

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rayray8822

Did I miss the Bunnies Ogling Carrots ? Been at work.

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter

while they distract with cameras you miss the "street" food over at Home.Woot

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

mattbruns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattbruns
rayray8822 wrote:Did I miss the Bunnies Ogling Carrots ? Been at work.

No, just Santana hats...

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
wodowooter wrote:while they distract with cameras you miss the "street" food over at Home.Woot

You mean wine.woot.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

jseureau

The GPS function is pretty much useless for use but still a great camera

EltonNoway

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway

To see everything you missed... all you have to do is click on "community" tab at the top of the Woot page.

mschauber

At $110 or $120 this would be a no brainer, but at this price point for a refurb, it's not worth it...

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

Kryshchs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kryshchs

Get one quick! These are flying!...... I wonder how long until the next item comes up... 3 hours?

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

No. The woot writers claim on their twitter page that there won't be one. Normally, I wouldn't trust their ramblings, but they didn't lie last time when there wasn't one.

jseureau

mschauber wrote:At $110 or $120 this would be a no brainer, but at this price point for a refurb, it's not worth it...

I disagree we have had great luck with all the refurbs we have bought from woot and other sites and the money you save is great

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern
bsmith1 wrote:No. The woot writers claim on their twitter page that there won't be one. Normally, I wouldn't trust their ramblings, but they didn't lie last time when there wasn't one.

orly? I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the tip.

drsilentg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drsilentg

i have one and love mine.

in-your-crapday-suit-Youtube-7/12/2012
Bundle of Carrots 4/25/2012
Bag Of Cheese 3/22/2012
Bucket Of Cream 10/12/2011

bsmith1

jseureau wrote:The GPS function is pretty much useless for use but still a great camera

Yeah, if you call being able to pinpoint the exact location of that majestic waterfall you photographed while on vacation "useless". I think it's a neat feature for stuff like that.
Gramps: "Say, Jimmy, where was that neato picture taken?"
Jimmy: "Well, Gramps, let me just pull up the exact coordinates on Google Maps for ya!"

schoolcb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages schoolcb

Where is my Big ole Barrel of Cropspipotomus???

Graiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graiser

I'm holding out for one that takes Kirlian photos.

yenat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yenat
jseureau wrote:I disagree we have had great luck with all the refurbs we have bought from woot and other sites and the money you save is great

I bot a similar camera from Woot and we love it. Have had no problems. I have had problems with other refurbished Woot items, however. I am mulling this one over. Over all, they have NOT been worth the hassle.

bsmith1

wollern wrote:orly? I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the tip.

Always happy to provide just the tip.
http://twitter.com/#!/WootLive/status/182158610523103233

Medic6104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Medic6104

Just purchased my second one. First one works great! now I just need to find an inexpensive waterproof case.

rckclimberky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rckclimberky
bsmith1 wrote:No. The woot writers claim on their twitter page that there won't be one. Normally, I wouldn't trust their ramblings, but they didn't lie last time when there wasn't one.

Well I guess I can have my life back now... and not have to worry that I missed it.

atippinfan78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atippinfan78

Been waiting for a good compact camera with great zoom. Thanks woot! I love my big Panasonic Lumix but its too big to carry everywhere.

Now bring on the Bunnies Ogling Carrots

B. O. C. ~ 11.19.09 - 04.01.10 - 09.14.11 - 10.12.11 - 03.22.12 - 04.25.12 - 05.23.12 - 06.03.13

Graiser

I managed to snag one of the coveted bags a few months ago. Shortly before Christmas.

Truth In Advertising.

Not that I didn't expect that. I just wanted to be able to say I'd gotten one.

rckclimberky wrote:Well I guess I can have my life back now... and not have to worry that I missed it.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mattbruns wrote:No, just Santana hats...

You know, I had totally almost forgotten about those.

I'm just hanging out, really.

jseureau

bsmith1 wrote:Yeah, if you call being able to pinpoint the exact location of that majestic waterfall you photographed while on vacation "useless". I think it's a neat feature for stuff like that.
Gramps: "Say, Jimmy, where was that neato picture taken?"
Jimmy: "Well, Gramps, let me just pull up the exact coordinates on Google Maps for ya!"

Yeah I don't go on vacation so it's useless for us I wish I could go see a majestic waterfall

ashadipenguin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashadipenguin

Found a website with a pretty good description on it (and lengthy too!). While I wouldn't recommend this camera to anyone who is looking to taking photos professionally, It's pretty solid if you just want to be able to take family photos and film the occasional concert. The 1080i would make it look amazing. Definitely worth the price!

http://www.adorama.com/IPCDMCZS10RD.html

Graiser

So. You're saying months of therapy down the drain?

inkycatz wrote:You know, I had totally almost forgotten about those.

P.S. http://xkcd.com/1014/

tpscan

quality posts: 26 Private Messages tpscan

I use both a Pentax DSLR and a Canon Point-n-shoot (G11). I've looked at the Panasonic Lumix cameras as an addition for quick shots in unexpected places. Personally I think they do a great job and this is a super deal.

Compare at Amazon, $350 MSRP, sale price $231! Woots price is a steal.
Read the reviews and details.
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-ZS10-Digital-Stabilized-Function/dp/B004KKZ0HY

Then, look at the test photos and the review at CameraLabs. http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_TZ20_ZS10/

Last, a thorough review at DP Review.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/1/25/panasoniczs10zs8

Graiser wrote:I'm holding out for one that takes Kirlian photos.

Hey, now that you mention it, put me in for one!!

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter
mschauber wrote:You mean wine.woot.

exactly....was just checking to see if anyone was reading my posts.

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

bsmith1

rckclimberky wrote:Well I guess I can have my life back now... and not have to worry that I missed it.

Or so they would have you believe!...(dramatic soap opera music)

stnickk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stnickk

Try the venerable and hard to find Zippy Locko Baggie! You can even take a pic through it!

Medic6104 wrote:Just purchased my second one. First one works great! now I just need to find an inexpensive waterproof case.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Graiser wrote:So. You're saying months of therapy down the drain?

That's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm just hanging out, really.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

It will be 2 days until we know if there won't be a Bunnies Ogling Carrots But that will be a game changer. Given that woot-offs are made of previous woot offers, and the fact that said offers return without a price reduction, there is no reason to waste our lifes on this.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

mschauber

jseureau wrote:I disagree we have had great luck with all the refurbs we have bought from woot and other sites and the money you save is great

I wasn't saying refurbs were bad. In fact what I said was at a lower price point it would be a no brainer (ie: a definite buy.) But refurbs should be marked down considerably from retail for many reasons including: 1) They are almost always prior generation. 2) They either had something wrong which caused them to be rejected the first time or were used and returned by somebody. 3) The manufacturer has already written off the cost of the unit as a loss and is now double or triple dipping at our expense.

EDIT: This is the predecessor to the DMC-ZS20

--
My CT

EltonNoway

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EltonNoway
Medic6104 wrote:Just purchased my second one. First one works great! now I just need to find an inexpensive waterproof case.

No problem... Ikelite makes a underwater case specifically for this camera.
Just Google Ikelite 6170.08

Ohhh... you said inexpensive, in that case you need to Google: WP410 Dicapac (will also work with this camera)

legacystation

quality posts: 1 Private Messages legacystation
yenat wrote:I bot a similar camera from Woot and we love it. Have had no problems. I have had problems with other refurbished Woot items, however. I am mulling this one over. Over all, they have NOT been worth the hassle.

I would like to know what was refurbished before buying one. Just my opinion.

Too Much Stuff

administrator1956

quality posts: 1 Private Messages administrator1956
bsmith1 wrote:Or so they would have you believe!...(dramatic soap opera music)

In doubt, better not to waste your time nonetheless.
If you think it has any value.

ask me about ebook readers and guitars

stevenklacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenklacy

Dudes and dudettes!!! Where is all the Woot camping/outdoor stuff??? We already have cameras, speakers and headphones with a handy mic!!!

stnickk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stnickk

In seriousness, I bought the 5x version from WOOT as a refurb. and it's fine. The 20x was just released so these babies are last years model. I have seen the 10x for $199.00 new, but not as a kit like this one.

Waterproof case? Zip Lock bag or what I use is an Aquapac 2 way radio case. It is 100% waterproof and weatherproof. It floats and even comes with a carry strap. I'm often outdoors and it rains. I can take a pic through the plastic, but if you do not hold it close to your lens, it will distort the picture.