Awesome description

UFSanity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages UFSanity

Best writeup ever. Well played Woot.

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

Hey people can use this to write their nasty letters to woot! about slow shipping, t-shirt changes, and cross-site offerings!

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

Now, that's cool! If only I knew how to draw.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

Guess we should all read the product description...

F5, F5, F5, Jeez! This aPen A4 Digital Recording Wireless Pen has been up here all day!

I mean, this has got to be the biggest weed killer ever! But maybe it’s not the pen’s fault. Maybe it’s just Woot’s server. I mean, it’s not even loading the flashing light graphics or the progress bar!

After all, this thing doesn’t look so bad. You can use it to edit digital photos, it can work on regular paper as well as connect to an iPhone or iPad via an Apple 30 pin usb cable, and it can even digitize and record handwriting when it’s not connected to anything. And I totally understand exactly what that means!

You know what, I’ll do my part to speed this little guy up! In for three! Unless… No, never mind. I don’t even need to consider that as an option! A one-day Woot-Off? Ha! Impossible!

shortman

quality posts: 73 Private Messages shortman

I want one that works with my android phone and that is compatible with the Draw Something app.

plaster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages plaster

I am tempted to get this for my classroom. I wonder how well it works real time.

That being said I assume there are going to be a lot of deleted posts in this thread. What has happened to Woot in the last couple months with these woot-offs. I am disappointed in woot at this point. It would be nice if they had a good reason and they shared it with us. Without a good explanation they are going to lose a lot of customers for the way the have handled the last couple of woot-offs.

davefer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davefer

Can this pen be used to fix a broke Woot server? Maybe if the hammer was really big...

No wootalyzer here
Just tasty poodle steaks.
Barrel of Crops 3/22/12
Got my Bag O Carrots, where's yours?
Woot Bucket's are great!
www.panfriedpoodle.com

clay0miller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clay0miller

I kept refreshing, then I read the description. Most epic Woot troll EVER! I have to admit, that is pretty funny. However, it does say "taking a breather"... Does that mean it will come back on later? I guess we'll just have to wait and find out...

todaresq

quality posts: 77 Private Messages todaresq

A one-day Woot-Off? Ha!

VERY POSSIBLE!!!

Can't wait for a week and a half from today...

cornholiogringo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cornholiogringo

Nice idea, but as Dwight Schrute would say, "Have you ever heard of paper?" Paper is still superior in my book

makabe

quality posts: 5 Private Messages makabe

The pen is also mightier than the woot-off.

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

You can use this to draw unspeakable things and put them on chatroulette.

meow57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meow57

Ok. Now everyone needs to buy 3....let's get this thing rolling on.... (insert irony here))

heyjoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie

They moved the "You can't have our iPad"-esque disclaimer down below the product description. FOR A MINUTE I THOUGHT I HAD YOU, WOOT

GizzyNubalo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GizzyNubalo

We're 11 days away from April Fools' Day - should we really surprised that a Woot-Off this close was just one day? Personally, I was surprised to even see a Woot-Off this close.

And unless Woot has completely gone over to the dark side (which I highly doubt unless the cookies over there are made of platinum), then we can bank on there being a nice Woot-Off & Bunnies Ogling Carrots - likely WITH entertainment - for AFD.

abramokids

quality posts: 16 Private Messages abramokids

I realise this question has been asked to death, but is It Acme Garden Plow compatible?

Seriously, it mentions every Apple product EXCEPT for Acme Garden Plow.

Towers1000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Towers1000

IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL "THE FAT LADY SINGS"

Geraldine Towers

Towers1000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Towers1000

Good Night All!

Geraldine Towers

xlaxplaya

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xlaxplaya

I received a similar product as a gift, the Siso Tablo (I believe it was actually from a Woot-off). I'm assuming this one works on a similar principle, using two microphones in that clip thingy to triangulate the location of the pen, which has a little speaker in it that clicks constantly at very high frequencies. Mine worked exactly as advertised, but don't expect this thing to compare to products like Wacom tablets or other professional tools. It was fun to play with, worked as a mouse if you wanted to use it that way, and worked great on certain games (like Crayon Physics). But like I said, don't buy this if you're an artist hoping for a Wacom alternative.

Of course, I could be wrong; this could be nothing like my Siso Tablo. But it sure does look like it.

Hello, beautiful.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

While 1/3 of wooters look for a wall to bang their head on, 1/3 swear off woot entirely (and a good chunk will come back), and 1/3 are disappointed but realize woot-offs have gone one day before and they have not always had monkeys, bags, etc. (yes, before this year), I'll try a diversion:

Product website:
http://apenusa.com/productdetail.php?product_id=4

Even a bright shiny video:

Now, everyone feel better now? Now wait, put that Dyson down, put the Dyson down,....(good night).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Towers1000 wrote:Good Night All!

Good night!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mariew21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariew21

Shipping is faster now. Although I did feel a bit jilted when I saw the amazon smile on my woot package.

nerdtasticalone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nerdtasticalone

Those chocolate bars are making me hungry...

otaku13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages otaku13

Ok I was able to buy it now. I write alt of notes for my job, digitizing them like ths is worth 65 bucks

amazonstorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amazonstorm
whatsamattaU wrote:While 1/3 of wooters look for a wall to bang their head on, 1/3 swear off woot entirely (and a good chunk will come back), and 1/3 are disappointed but realize woot-offs have gone one day before and they have not always had monkeys, bags, etc. (yes, before this year), I'll try a diversion:

Product website:

Now, everyone feel better now? Now wait, put that Dyson down, put the Dyson down,....(good night).

Thank you for being the voice of reason here.

lstaff

quality posts: 204 Private Messages lstaff

I always write, with ink, on my arms or back of my hand when I have something important that I don't want to forget. I wonder if this would replace that , and I could just read the list off my puter (and also not worry about washing it off?

gopvifootball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gopvifootball

I wonder if this will help me maximize my success in "DrawSomething".

dedicateddad

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dedicateddad
whatsamattaU wrote:While 1/3 of wooters look for a wall to bang their head on, 1/3 swear off woot entirely (and a good chunk will come back), and 1/3 are disappointed but realize woot-offs have gone one day before and they have not always had monkeys, bags, etc. (yes, before this year), I'll try a diversion:

Product website:

I've just got to say "THANKS" for that vid!

I'd buy da*n near anything she was selling!

Except this... Sorry Woot! - but... Not this...

Prolly watch the vid again, though!

/I'm a dirty old man...

sdc100

quality posts: 508 Private Messages sdc100

Not very useful unless you need to email something you've written immediately. Otherwise, why not just scan your handwriten notes in later and do whatever digital processing you need? And if you really do have an emergency need to email a a diagram, just phtograph it with your smartphone and send it.

LinuxTrance

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LinuxTrance
dedicateddad wrote:I've just got to say "THANKS" for that vid!

I'd buy da*n near anything she was selling!

Except this... Sorry Woot! - but... Not this...

Prolly watch the vid again, though!

/I'm a dirty old man...

aPen Video Wallpaper

Insert phrase in speech bubble
Save as wallpaper

Congrats, now you're a dirty old man

aznvamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aznvamp

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of having a tablet? -_-"

SonovaVondruke

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SonovaVondruke

Just the edge I've been looking for; Draw Something you're about to get pwnd.

cyberia213642

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberia213642

I'd say this is a pen.

tekkitan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tekkitan

Product website:

How about the fact that it didn't even last one day? The site was broken the entire night and most of the morning. 12 hour woot off, at best.

greyday

quality posts: 55 Private Messages greyday
aznvamp wrote:Doesn't this defeat the purpose of having a tablet? -_-"

Have you ever tried to draw on a tablet? High end art tablets are pricey, the average tablet (includig the iPad) is a simplified touch screen computer, nothing more.

Any chance we can have a mod come in and remove all the comments about the woot off? Or move it to its own blog/thread? It'd be nice to be able to not have to sift to find actual info on the product...

compassstl

quality posts: 30 Private Messages compassstl

Wish the disclaimer about the giant iPod were on the main photo... I was excited about reselling for a second...