Poll: I’m excited for summer so that I can:
  • 17.8% - wear sandals. 280
  • 23.7% - start grilling out. 373
  • 28.8% - open the windows. 454
  • 5.4% - drop the top on my convertible. 85
  • 10.2% - go to a baseball game. 161
  • 14.1% - get a break from all this school work. 222
1575 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

Who needs summer? I do most of that stuff all year long. Arizona rocks!

trixierix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trixierix

Ah, the joys of living in New Orleans. I grill, wear sandals, open the windows and drop the top all 365 days and no one gives a crap about any sport that doesn't involve the Saints...now schoolwork is a different story.

hak426

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hak426
CharlesP2009 wrote:Who needs summer? I do most of that stuff all year long. Arizona rocks!

Ummm...do you even LIVE in Arizona? I do, and summer SUCKS. You can't do squat when it's 110+ outside buddy. It doesn't help that summer lasts 7.5 months. And yeah, I was born and raised here. I hate this stupid state.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

None of the above. The only thing I like about summer is the long days. Around here, it's fire season and we usually end up having to keep the windows closed to avoid the smoke.

www.howlingdead.com

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Yeahhh... opening windows during summer in Florida... somehow, that never seems to happen at our house :'(

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl
hak426 wrote:Ummm...do you even LIVE in Arizona? I do, and summer SUCKS. You can't do squat when it's 110+ outside buddy. It doesn't help that summer lasts 7.5 months. And yeah, I was born and raised here. I hate this stupid state.

Exactly. Electric rates go up so high in the summer I can't even afford to run my central A/C in the summer. So I have to stay in the bedroom, with the small portable unit. I can't even stand to cook in the summer.

Not looking forward to summer. Period.

Can't wait to get out of AZ. Period.

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

I live for spring and summer gardening. Nothing, save my kids, brings more life to me than getting my hands dirty and watching veggies grow.

sweetaddietude

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

Here in the SE we never even had any winter this year. It was just a slow merge of fall to spring without any snow. Been in the low 80's for the past week so it seems summer is here. And the community pool doesn't open till the end of May, looks like a lot of trips to the river to keep the kids cooled off.
And they keep saying global warming is a myth, you want to tell me where so we can go cool off?

jsvend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsvend

other:
so that winter is one season closer.

juco77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juco77

Definitely grill. And open the windows. And everything else! Hailing from the northeast, summer is such a blessing after a long, hard winter.......except when you have a winter such as we just had, with a grand total of one foot of snow for the entire four month period. o.O Saw a guy raking his lawn just before Christmas. Crazy.

w3kn

quality posts: 8 Private Messages w3kn

I've already grilled and opened my windows. And I live in the mid-atlantic.

79 woots and counting!

acewingman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages acewingman

Central Florida allows me to do all of that in the spring.

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

Nothings better than a summertime midnight street race.

jeremybro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremybro
andihansen wrote:I live for spring and summer gardening. Nothing, save my kids, brings more life to me than getting my hands dirty and watching veggies grow.

Agreed. It gives me such a thrill -- peas are out of the ground, cabbage & broccoli are going strong, planted carrots, spinach and lettuce Sunday, and I have probably 30 more seed packets just begging to be planted! Yay spring! Summer is less exciting, as it means primarily battling weeds.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

Dude. I wear flip flops all year 'round. Wouldn't be a South Carolinian if I didn't :]

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
offgridmanpolktn wrote:Here in the SE we never even had any winter this year. It was just a slow merge of fall to spring without any snow. Been in the low 80's for the past week so it seems summer is here. And the community pool doesn't open till the end of May, looks like a lot of trips to the river to keep the kids cooled off.
And they keep saying global warming is a myth, you want to tell me where so we can go cool off?

Exactly. And you know when summer rolls around it's going to be HOOOOOOT! I feel bad for the band kids at my old high school who are going to have to march in that heat come July D;

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

tactonrae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tactonrae

Where is the other option? I was thinking see Hot Women in Bikinis but that is just me.

KittenVicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KittenVicious

I live on the Gulf Coast and we've been dropping the top on the convertible, wearing sandals, grilling out, and opening the windows since late January. Once summer rolls around, it'll be too unbearable to have the windows open, stand next to a grill, or sit at a red light in a convertible.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I'm in South Florida. I wear sandals all year round, convertibles suck in the heat and the rain, I wouldn't open a window in 90 degree 90% humidity summer weather, and I can grill any time I want to. Baseball, I can live without, and I'm a long time out of school.

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

I've done all of those things that past winter. All I have to look forward to this summer is sweating my nuts off.

pamwillden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pamwillden

I am ready to go on vacation and spend some time in the rainforest and on the beach!!! I can't wait!

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I live in Florida. I do all this stuff 365 days a year.

Except the windows. It's reversed from what the rest of you guys do. Sealed up tight in the summer and open during the coldest days.

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100

North Central Texas reporting, windows have been open three weeks.

waywardcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waywardcat

Other: outdoor rock climbing! (Grilling #2, windows #3)

mrgroovemachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgroovemachine

Actually, I hate summer. I can't stand sweating, heat, wasps, mosquitoes, hornets, and sunburn. Give me crunchy colorful leaves and beautiful fluffy snow any day!

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

I'm not in school and I don't like baseball, but I've been doing all of that all winter long here in Pennsylvania, even occasionally opening windows when days were warm enough.

Top down in my Saab on a cold dry day is beautiful. I even ride my motorcycle in winter.

michaelsalley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michaelsalley

I'm in with all the previous "one day closer to winter again" voters. Fall and winter are both preferable. 45-60 deg F and cloudy is my perfect day.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I live in Wisconsin and we've been having summer-like weather since last week. Absolutely beautiful out and in the 70's...even hit 80 a few days. Definitely not normal weather for March though.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Last summer, we had nearly 40 straight days over 100 here in Houston. The water in the swimming pools was about 92, like taking a warm bath, which is not refreshing in the heat. I live for our 2-3 weeks of spring, and our 3 months of fall/Indian Summer.

cheriea99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheriea99

If you live in Arizona, you're not excited for Summer to come. To enjoy that kind of heat one may think you are of kin to Satan. Northern parts of the state are sometimes ok.

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

HAK said
[Ummm...do you even LIVE in Arizona? I do, and summer SUCKS. You can't do squat when it's 110+ outside buddy. It doesn't help that summer lasts 7.5 months. And yeah, I was born and raised here. I hate this stupid state.

I live south of Tucson. Yes the summers are well over 100 for months at a time. But, if you don't love the heat, why do you still live here? The summers are the best part of Arizona. In the winter, you have to contend with all those people from the north and east. Fortuanately, they pay for everything. By May, it is too hot for them and the golf courses clear out.
I always tell people who (constantly) complain about the weather here to move to Michigan. Then you will only have to complain a couple of months a year.

mrsly69

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

Wearing SHORTS. Hell, GOING NAKED without my junk freezing.

I grew up in Florida and we did all this year round. The best thing about summer is seeing the ladies half naked. Well, at least a small portion these days. We americans are too dam FAT!