worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
mollytim wrote:You seem to post for the sake of posting.
Contribute or stay off your keyboard.

And you deserve the mighty mighty hammer of TT!!

sakanagai

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sakanagai
elemental00 wrote:with the a500 iconia getting its ics update in april (confirmed), i will hold off and hope we see those in this WO

The Asus Transformer already has ICS and at least used to retail for $50 less than the A500. IPS display, but no full-sized USB ports included (the keyboard dock has two).

undave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages undave
mollytim wrote:

Current item is way overpriced by $100 IMO.

It's hard for any other company to compete with the level of slave labor that Apple uses to keep their iPad/iPhone so cheap :/

pik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pik

The east coast is up, and we ain"t buying!

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

I think every Wooter that wants a tablet has a tablet, only 1 sold so far.

NEXT!!!!

rugerx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rugerx
worldwidewebfeet wrote:And you deserve the mighty mighty hammer of TT!!

That mighty hammer is what has quite a few quite annoyed.

rsinger1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsinger1
allhighruler wrote:I have actually used this tablet, slow, no good apps, and android is built for people technitions to messaround with

Haha wow, all of this is completely off the mark. Sounds like an apple fanboy. But hey, to each their own.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
morriea wrote:If this is the Woot-off again, was the interruption a Woot-on?

Woot-On *clap clap*
Woot-Off *clap clap*
Woon-On, Woot-Off
The Wooter.
*clap clap*

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
worldwidewebfeet wrote:I think every Wooter that wants a tablet has a tablet, only 1 sold so far.

NEXT!!!!

It's still early and a lot more than one have been sold so far.

Give it some time.

sakanagai

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sakanagai
worldwidewebfeet wrote:I think every Wooter that wants a tablet has a tablet, only 1 sold so far.

NEXT!!!!

Meh. The real problem is Tegra 2 isn't a selling point these days. A $300+ price tag is just too high.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cappo wrote:Woot-On *clap clap*
Woot-Off *clap clap*
Woon-On, Woot-Off
The Wooter.
*clap clap*

+1

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Icepuck72

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Icepuck72

I had this....sold it on Craigslist. Got an iPad 2. Never looked back.

sharkzilla

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sharkzilla

I own this tablet, and I'd have to disagree.

I've never know it to be slow. Seems zippy enough for everything I do.

It has access to the full Android market (many Android tables don't)

It has apps for everything I need to do (including apps I can't get for my Iphone 4)

I can directly access my home network to pull/push files - can't seem to do this with my Iphone.
I can read/edit documents/spreadsheets, etc. I can print to my network printer.
I have a combined calendar showing google calendar and tasks, so I can use this as my day planner and to-do list.
I can watch movies from streaming from my DLNA server
I can watch movies from Netflix
I can watch TV from my HAVA.
I can use Skype to video conference.
I can use VNC to remote control my desktop computer.
I use it for turn by turn GPS navigation

I can do all of this with free apps in the Android market, and I didn't have to root it or do any complicated tinkering.

Some of these things can be done with an Ipad, but there are some (calendar widget, combined tasks and calendar, etc.) that I haven't found for my Iphone 4. Google maps navigation is also much better than anything I found on my Iphone for free as well.

I'm not going to get in to whether this is better than an Ipad or not, as I've never owned an Ipad. My point is, I'm pretty demanding, and all in all, I've been very happy with it.

eraten

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eraten
Icepuck72 wrote:I had this....sold it on Craigslist. Got an iPad 2. Never looked back.

How much did you sell it for on craigslist?

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

You know when they start handing out Quality Post during a wootoff the item is going to be here for awhile...to the gym I go.

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu

*Stares at his little square* Why for you show the color of .. one?!??! I was nearly better than everyone else!

Oh, and, umm, some graphics appear to be missing on the buy page - paypal and the credit card pics are both missing.

*** Edit: Whew. When you post, the square fixes itself. Man, that was scary.

rugerx

and in other news, moofi has a flashlight up!

http://moofi.woot.com/moofi/toserveandprotect

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

I will agree that you can get much better than an iPad unfortunately.

It has more and sometimes superior apps available. (although generally more expensive)

That being said this is still a quality tablet, although if you have the extra $70 get a new iPad 2.

Android manufacturers just don't care about their devices the same way as Apple does. None of them ever seem to update their OS to current version, because it costs to much, easier to just come out with a new device.

Icepuck72

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Icepuck72
eraten wrote:How much did you sell it for on craigslist?

300. less than I bought it for, but good riddance. Too buggy and choppy. Not sure if it was just mine or what. I have an Android phone which is starting to act stupid, too.

Never owned an Apple product, don't get off on the stupid screaming matches. I just want fertilizer to work.

TheWeights

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheWeights

I've got one of these and love it. It is quick, slick, and functions well. The app selection is less developed than the one for iPads, but it is narrowing weekly. Most of my favorite apple apps are on here. And while flash "may be" dying, its still in most sites, the galaxy tab lets you view them natively as a desktop and reduces the need for many of the apps. This is a decent price if not the best.

rsinger1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsinger1

I had an iPad, sold it and bought this tablet from woot, and have never looked back. iPad is fine if you are a casual user that wants to pay more money for something that is supposed to be fancier.

Android tablets give you so much more customizability. Widgets, task manager, google integration. Overall this is just an outstanding device. I work in IT and I get to play with all the latest gadgets. This tab is definitely the tab I wanted, and I love it.

Edit- Not to mention a comprehensive settings page.

ThunderThighs

Staff

nmumark wrote:You know when they start handing out Quality Post during a wootoff the item is going to be here for awhile...to the gym I go.

Mostly doing it to let people know we're here. Heh.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo
rugerx wrote:and in other news, moofi has a flashlight up!

http://moofi.woot.com/moofi/toserveandprotect

I don't even know what to say, other than: Moofi?!?

rugerx

Hey woot put some of these up and I am in for 3!

electricfx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages electricfx

I like the quality of the screen.

I like the "grippy" back.

I like how all of my Google apps synced automatically.

I still use my wife's iPad more

kgamon

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kgamon

Bring back the aluminum water bottles! I was so used to this site no longer working that I missed them.

Ryukyu King

wackymother

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wackymother

I just bought one of these at Costco and it can't connect to my home network. I knew it couldn't find a static IP address, but I spent two hours on the phone with Costco and Samsung trying to correct the problem. Now it seems to have a static IP, it says it's connected, but the browser can't pull up any pages.

I think it's going back to the mother ship this weekend, so you'll be seeing it in a future Woot-off.

rugerx

ipad killer.

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu
rugerx wrote:

Hey woot put some of these up and I am in for 3!

... You're losing geek points here. There is a tricorder app, you can choose what series that the graphics follow (Next Gen, Enterprise or Original Series), and it works remarkably well with this tablet.

Now, do the right thing, and buy three as you said you would.

electroken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages electroken

This tablet is in constant use at home. It's been rock-solid.

HairyButt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HairyButt

Asus Transformer is also refurbished and a bit cheaper with an IPS screen.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230172

But everyone should buy this instead so we can move on to the next item.

GordonKane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GordonKane

I won an iPad 2 16gb at the company Xmas party. Rushed to Best Buy to trade the iPad 2 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32gb.
No oil slick for me, love this tablet - does everything I need (at home and around town). I might consider buying this since the GF is showing a bit of tablet envy (preferring the display size in comparison to her iPhone 4g display).

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

You guys posting tricorders... have you forgotten these?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/PADD

richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie
rugerx wrote:woot servers hit a time warp baby!

Wootalyzer sent me a txt at Midnight EST with the first woot-off item, but the page had not displayed on woot.com yet.

rugerx

Kingu wrote:... You're losing geek points here. There is a tricorder app, you can choose what series that the graphics follow (Next Gen, Enterprise or Original Series), and it works remarkably well with this tablet.

I have the app ! I just like the original foldable.

Its the nostalgia.

Dont get me started on phasers!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Kingu wrote:... You're losing geek points here. There is a tricorder app, you can choose what series that the graphics follow (Next Gen, Enterprise or Original Series), and it works remarkably well with this tablet.

Oh dear. Not only do I have the tricorder and some other trek stuff in the attic, I have the apps on my phone.

FORUM MODERATOR

zolttt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zolttt
rsinger1 wrote:Have you actually USED this tablet? I have it, and I could not disagree more

I have, and a xoom, and a thrive, and a kindle fire.

and I made my first apple purchase an iPad 2, and prefer it to all android tablets I have used, and to me it's not even close.

I ruined my signature with poor cut and paste skills

Cupajo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cupajo

My .02 as a cross-platform user:
If you don't use many (or any) Google services as your primary, get an iPad. It's very nice hardware.
But anyone who is even moderately invested in using Google services (GMail, Google Calendar, Reader, etc) would be a fool to pick an iPad over an Android device. The integration between Google and Android (esp. on tablets) makes the Google/iOS integration look pathetic.

rugerx

Meow!