GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
omh1009 wrote:I use DropShots, It is free and easy to use. After you sign up, you access your home page where you can upload your picks with the yellow "Upload" button. Browse your file to choose your pick and click OK.
After it is done you will see the thumbnail of your pick, click on it and it will open it with 6 options at the bottom of the picture:
+Buy Prints
+Widget
+Email
+Rotate
+Blog<<<<<<<
+Delete

If you click on "Blog" you get a link that you can just copy and paste in your comment.

Since it is free, you account's space is limited and there is a chance for spam, I can't be sure. I get some spam, but it very little and it is not necessarily from them. I just bring it up as something to consider before you sing up to anything free.

Actually, any account will work, from flickr to google web pages.

Woot then caches a copy on their servers, so get the sizing right to begin with. If you don't, even if you fix the picture, the wrong one will be displayed.

Keep the width to 450 pixels or less. (The forums will cut off your pictures, with no scroll bars if they are too wide.)

Links to the full size images are always appreciated as well.

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm
Anorion wrote:How in Bacon Salt's name did you get a discount on a Bright Orange Canopy?

inkycatz is correct- I had a coopin I got from the Deals site that I managed to use. Only my third Bin Of Conundrums, free shipping is just the icing!

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

I'm excited! This is my 6th crap over the years (most of my jobs won't allow me to woot@work.

The best crap I've had was actually my wife's first crap. She got a complete TruBamboo Kitchend & Sushi pack. (A $49.95 value). Although most everything had some chips out of it, but not enough to keep us from using it.

I was short crapped once.. it seems my box was missing the tape from the bottom. Unsure if it left Woot that way or if it "fell off" during shipping. Around that same time, a ton of people were being short crapped and were finding open boxes delivered. That's stopped happening now, fortunately.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my crap, and while I'd be happy with anything, I'd love to get some electronics! I could really use a new BluRay (mine died).

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

ciozszmloes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ciozszmloes

What is the "best" item you have ever gotten in a barrel of crud?

lichme

quality posts: 3125 Private Messages lichme
ciozszmloes wrote:What is the "best" item you have ever gotten in a barrel of crud?

Mine is a wireless speaker that connects to my ipod, followed by a set of buckyballs

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass
ciozszmloes wrote:What is the "best" item you have ever gotten in a barrel of crud?

It depends on the definition of "best"

The most valuable is a toss up between a 10 MP Kodak camera and an 80 GB zune.

The "best" item that I love the most, its a multi-way Tie. I love my paper Woot bag with orange '?', I love my 2 letters of appreciate from Woot. I also really love the headband and sweat bands.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

nuketank

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank

First Barrel. ._. I'll answer this question as soon as it arrives.

Notable Woots:
    1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
    1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
    1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

poostorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poostorm

The best was a 64GB USB drive in my first ever Crap. It didn't work at first, but I formatted it and it still works now. That Bunnies Ogling Carrots had a bunch of cool stuff, fake snow, set of 4 wireless phones, flying monkey, 10 sansas and a whole bunch more. Easily worth whatever I get from future Bunnies Ogling Carrots.

Worst crap would be the USB barking dog thing I got in my last Bunnies Ogling Carrots It doesn't work, but it is sitting on my desk right now staring at me.

malkav11

quality posts: 9 Private Messages malkav11

I've only had one previous Bunnies Ogling Carrots but between that and the wide range of things Woot sells that I would have no use for whatsoever, I know I _shouldn't_ get my hopes up. I still am, though!

(Said Bunnies Ogling Carrots contained a couple of packs of cedar grilling planks (I don't grill), a couple of tabletop tripods (I don't do photography or own a camera), and a fancy retro analogue alarm clock/radio that supposedly retails for $140. That might have been an upgrade to my $10 Sony Dream Machine alarm clock, but these days I'm rocking a Chumby, which is way better suited to my needs. My parents were willing to take them off my hands, though.)

barkwoot

quality posts: 172 Private Messages barkwoot
    ciozszmloes wrote:
    What is the "best" item you have ever gotten in a barrel of crud?

I've managed 4 previous Bunnies Ogling Carrots over the years. The best item that I've gotten was a sound activated snowman speaker.

My kids absolutely love this thing. We've used it the last 2 Christmases and it's the first decoration the kids want displayed. We hook it up and play Christmas music through it while decorating the tree and spend many other nights sitting by the lights of the tree singing Christmas songs together. It has been worth many times more than the $8 dollars I paid for the Bunnies Ogling Carrots

Maniacmous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Maniacmous

It has to be this: http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=17876 by a huge margin.

Followed by a Roomba.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
    Anorion wrote:How in Bacon Salt's name did you get a discount on a Bright Orange Canopy?

Coupon!! I've done that before, twice IIRC. It's very daring, but you feel that much more awesome if you snag a bag AND came prepared with a coupon. Just have it ready, even in the copy/paste buffer already, and you really won't waste any time on it.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael
    bmxjimp wrote:Coupon!! I've done that before, twice IIRC. It's very daring, but you feel that much more awesome if you snag a bag AND came prepared with a coupon. Just have it ready, even in the copy/paste buffer already, and you really won't waste any time on it.

I, too, managed to snag a bag and used the coupon provided to me by ThunderThighs for winning a round of Woot Clue last month. I had no expectations of actually getting a bag, but you're right in saying getting one AND using a coupon does feel very satisfying

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

Juion

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Juion
    Jertyrael wrote:I, too, managed to snag a bag and used the coupon provided to me by ThunderThighs for winning a round of Woot Clue last month. I had no expectations of actually getting a bag, but you're right in saying getting one AND using a coupon does feel very satisfying

Likewise! $3 for my crap is just wonderful.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

Best item in a Barrel of Crops I've received? I'd have to say the Self-Inflatable Queen Sized Bed. I've used it a few times. It's a great travel companion. Second would be the Amazing Spider-Man Wall Clock. Third would be 5 boxes of Christmas Cards.

rotflol

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rotflol

Most used items: Bottle drying rack (arrived about a month before she did), some black and white flowered bags I use for groceries, nice mechanical pencils, an HDMI cable, and an electric picture frame/alarm clock my husband keeps on his desk at work.

Favorite item: Woot ? bucket. (Anyone else remember that dude that got a pallet of buckets?)

Strangest items: Small toy wooden hammer. Piece of plastic molded hair. The butt of a toy plastic rifle. Nearly destroyed portable DVD player - looked like someone stood on it on pavement and spun in circles. (All from different craps.)

While I seem to have good luck getting strange random things I have yet to hit woot gold and get something truly epic. Most of the time I end up giving things away to friends or family who can use it or trading it for store credit at Bookmans.

[hello]

Maniacmous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Maniacmous
    rotflol wrote:
    Favorite item: Woot ? bucket. (Anyone else remember that dude that got a pallet of buckets?)

The Woot bucket is really quite awesome, you've got that right. Pretty sure I got mine when I got the Roomba. The guy that got a pallet was quite lucky indeed...

mikebbass

rotflol wrote:Most used items: Bottle drying rack (arrived about a month before she did), some black and white flowered bags I use for groceries, nice mechanical pencils, an HDMI cable, and an electric picture frame/alarm clock my husband keeps on his desk at work.

Strangest items: Small toy wooden hammer. Piece of plastic molded hair. The butt of a toy plastic rifle. Nearly destroyed portable DVD player - looked like someone stood on it on pavement and spun in circles. (All from different craps.)

While I seem to have good luck getting strange random things I have yet to hit woot gold and get something truly epic. Most of the time I end up giving things away to friends or family who can use it or trading it for store credit at Bookmans.

I was so jealous of those buckets (Still am) That is the thing I have wanted the most out of the woot paraphernalia

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

Jertyrael

I've gotten a couple buckets of chowder and have received several useful and interesting little things, but the most notable things were:

In my first ever Barrel of Crops, Christmas '08 I received 3 Sansas. 2 of them were clips, one 2g and one 4g, and one of the bigger ones. I gave them all to people who didn't have an mp3 player =3 (one of those people being myself).

But I also got a pair of these In-ceiling speakers I had no intention of installing, so I sold them on Craigslist to some guy who builds houses. :D So, good deal all around =^_^=

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet

Oh, man, I forgot all about the Santa speaker, I have one of those! Remind me in 8.5 months!

Best stuff? All of those Sansas. I think I got four or five in one box, only one was bricked. And another thing I got that I use is earlier this year I got a brand spanking new Microsoft Berry colored wireless mouse. Since I just got a new netbook late last year, timing was impeccable.

Worst was all of those day of the week calendars that fell apart. I tossed those without taking the cellophane off of them. I knew what to expect since I bought them earlier.

mikebbass

lisaviolet wrote:Oh, man, I forgot all about the Santa speaker, I have one of those! Remind me in 8.5 months!

Best stuff? All of those Sansas. I think I got four or five in one box, only one was bricked. And another thing I got that I use is earlier this year I got a brand spanking new Microsoft Berry colored wireless mouse. Since I just got a new netbook late last year, timing was impeccable.

Worst was all of those day of the week calendars that fell apart. I tossed those without taking the cellophane off of them. I knew what to expect since I bought them earlier.

I got a case of those calendars. The kids use them for note pads and coloring.

= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet
    mikebbass wrote:I got a case of those calendars. The kids use them for note pads and coloring.

They must have had a billion or so of them. The first batch I ordered I'd planned on handing out as Christmas presents and keep a few. Well, they were all the same calendar. So, Woot! sent out replacements, I think it was two for every one you ordered.

And they fell apart. *lol*

So when I saw them in the box, out they went. I think that was the same box with the Maclaren golf stuff (hat, backpack), which never got used, either.

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg

My placeholder's there now.

Place Holder, Holding to a Place. And that's why he's called Place Holder.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
    Game Over

Gionot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gionot
    kimbobalong wrote:Tracking number is there!

Now the waiting begins. My wait will be longer then others. I will be out of town all next week and the dear daughter has instructions NOT to open anything I get from WOOT!

But then, will I call her and ask her to open it because I just can't stand the unknown?

My wait will be longer, as I plan to give it to my son on his birthday in early June!! I've been unsuccessfully trying for a Barrel of Crops for years. When my son got one on his first try in the fall of 2010, he wrapped it up and gave it to me for Christmas that year.

(Box was more exciting than contents: 2 golf hats, golf backpack, 3 plastic lawn sprinklers, and 3 2010 Cr*p or Fact desk calenders. Hats and backpack went to local homeless charity, sprinklers to Goodwill, and calendars converted to scratch pads.)

So now that I have finally gotten my very first Bunnies Ogling Carrots I think it fitting to wrap it up and give it to my son for his birthday. I figure I'll have to abandon the forum when people start receiving their packages, or I'll start second-guessing my decision to gift it. (And no, it won't be his only gift. A son who goes out of his way to bring me a Woot monkey from CES is very special!)

barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
    Gionot wrote:My wait will be longer, as I plan to give it to my son on his birthday in early June!! I've been unsuccessfully trying for a Barrel of Crops for years. When my son got one on his first try in the fall of 2010, he wrapped it up and gave it to me for Christmas that year.

(Box was more exciting than contents: 2 golf hats, golf backpack, 3 plastic lawn sprinklers, and 3 2010 Cr*p or Fact desk calenders. Hats and backpack went to local homeless charity, sprinklers to Goodwill, and calendars converted to scratch pads.)

So now that I have finally gotten my very first Bunnies Ogling Carrots I think it fitting to wrap it up and give it to my son for his birthday. I figure I'll have to abandon the forum when people start receiving their packages, or I'll start second-guessing my decision to gift it. (And no, it won't be his only gift. A son who goes out of his way to bring me a Woot monkey from CES is very special!)

And your son has a very special parent.

dmaidl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmaidl
    wallsg wrote:My placeholder's there now.

Place Holder, Holding to a Place. And that's why he's called Place Holder.

Got mine too... anticipated ship date...er...yesterday!

thompstc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thompstc

1st woot, 1st barnacles opining calmly....What Tiny Flowers will they really ship? sick of looking at 1lb weight on fedex with no movement...

but i guess anticipation is the fun in it..

Scheißtüten gewonnen: 3/22/12

carpan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages carpan

One of the best Bunnies Ogling Carrots items that I received was the limited edition woot! headbands and wrist bands.

Berg of Carp- 5/22/12, 3/22/12, 12/25/11, 12/6/11, 10/12/11, 9/14/11, 8/17/11, 7/12/11, 6/15/11, 4/1/11, 12/25/10, 12/1/10, 10/21/10

lichme

quality posts: 3125 Private Messages lichme
    carpan wrote:One of the best Bunnies Ogling Carrots items that I received was the limited edition woot! headbands and wrist bands.

I was mad. I should have had that score too, got my order in, but because the bank changed my home address to their own after messing up my account, my order got denied. Thanks for reminding me

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

My best Bandolier Of Carrots:
    Laptop, iRobot Looj, 2 power squids, Sandisk Sansa, Engergi to go... I was happy. No bag, though.

Juion

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Juion
    PocketBrain wrote:My best Bandolier Of Carrots:
    Laptop, iRobot Looj, 2 power squids, Sandisk Sansa, Engergi to go... I was happy. No bag, though.

My best had two Star Trek bobbleheads, a thing of very nice tea, a broken hard drive, a Zune 30GB that's still working two years later, a Zune car charger that I'm using still, and a pair of nice Zune earbuds(which, regretfully, died after a few months of use. I'm hard on earbuds). Oh, there was also a framed film cell from the Revenge of the Sith.

thompstc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thompstc

just hoping for something semi-useful.

Scheißtüten gewonnen: 3/22/12

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion

Just beware used media devices. See my long post above...

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
    If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Weirdest crap: a pack of 131 identical Popeye posters.

kundogg26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kundogg26

I don't understand my complete infatuation with the Bunnies Ogling Carrots I was lucky enough to snag here. I know...I KNOW it's going to be crap as promised. And yet, all I can think about is having my used earbuds/Uncle Sam action figure/whatever delivered. I've got to tell you Woot (not that you don't already know), you've got a damn good thing going here.

Not all Martyrs see Divinity

Jertyrael

Gionot wrote:My wait will be longer, as I plan to give it to my son on his birthday in early June!! I've been unsuccessfully trying for a Barrel of Crops for years. When my son got one on his first try in the fall of 2010, he wrapped it up and gave it to me for Christmas that year.

Fantastic Great kid ya got.

awinters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages awinters

That is super cool of you.

awinters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages awinters

While I earnestly await my Barrel of Crops since I haven't had once since May of 2011, for me the real win is conquering the servers and getting through. I don't really care about what it actually in the bag.

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

My best bag item was the High School Musical clock that I turned into a Woot Bag of Carp clock.

adamchatfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamchatfield
    BigRedDogATL wrote:My best bag item was the High School Musical clock that I turned into a Woot Bag of Carp clock.

Make some more and put 'em on etsy or eBay! I would pay like 15 bucks for that!