daithi2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daithi2

1lb here, no eta yet.

credmann15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages credmann15

wow i feel bad for you guys i am looking at the ETA's of delivery... mine is 3/31/2012 only thing is i live an hour outside of dallas,texas lol.

blueedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blueedge

7.7 lbs, coming April 5

Streiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Streiff

5.7 lbs arriving April 5th

ColdEthyl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ColdEthyl

My name is ColdEthyl and I've been a Wootaholic for 4 years, one and a half months. This is only my second ever Bunnies Ogling Carrots I currently show 5.5 pounds of crap due to arrive in the Arizona high desert on April 4th.

thebigbread

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebigbread

1lb, no eta. Im guessing that it hasnt actually shipped yet.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Taking an opportunity while being close to top of the page to post an extra copy of the primer, just in case you missed it a few pages back...

Oh, and neither mine (first in the morning) nor wife's (late night) boxes have shown any movement. Still placeholders for now...

And there it goes:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FedEx SmartPost primer for newcomers, and a reminder for the rest of Wooters (v. 1.6.1)

1. Before the tracking information shows up: Sometimes Woot is not e-mailing the tracking numbers until a few days after the packages are shipped. You can try and get the number by reference, by going to https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us and entering these three things: Your Woot order number goes to reference numbers box, select United States in destination country drop down, and Your Zip Code in a respective box. It's important to get all three pieces. Keep refreshing it, and if you're lucky, the tracking number will pop-up before the official e-mail comes. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but there's a good chance. Note, that if you've made multiple orders from Woot, you can enter several order numbers into the reference box, one per line.

1.1 A small tracking by reference tip: At first when you enter the tracking information your tracking page will be loaded by POST request. That means all data you entered is sent to server through internal fields. Each time you refresh you'd have to agree to repeat the POST operation, and you can't bookmark or transfer the link to another computer/smartphone/etc. However - if you press a purple RESUBMIT button below your results, it will change the request to GET, so that all information you entered will show up in a URL and you can now F5 it as many times as you want without further steps, make bookmarks or e-mail the link to self (or others).

1.2 If your weight shows as 1lb, it is most likely a placeholder, which will be replaced by more accurate weight once the package actually starts moving (or reaches a sorting station - see below). The dimensions will probably show as NA/NA/NA on those placeholder packages. Some people have reported packages showing as 1lb all the way until delivery, but turned out to be anything but, though there's always a slight chance that your package actually is a 1 pounder. So you never know.

1.3 To make it even more frustrating - the actual fact that you can track by reference, but if it shows as a 1lb with status Shipment information sent to FedEx does not yet mean the package actually shipped or even exists. All it means - a label which will eventually be attached to your package has been printed. It may be a few days before your beloved box will actually hit the road. Patience is the key here!

1.4 So how do we know for sure that BоC's are out? Keep looking through this thread, and you may spot a post by colonelcrap or occasionally by another Woot staff member (identified as such by a small icon next to their name), stating that all packages are shipped. Sometimes it will take FedEx a while before they show up or update, but once it's said here on the forum, you can be sure that they are out! Also keep an eye open for updates by colonelcrap and other staff members posts announcing the crаp status changes, possible shipping delays or otherwise!

1.5 Some wooters report being able to track, but not me! Am I screwed? No, you are not. The tracking numbers don't get into the system all at once. The track by reference starts working when FedEx receives your package info from Woot. They send them in batches, and if someone has a reference hit, does not mean everyone gets it at the same time. Sometimes it's days between batches are sent, and sometimes electronic info on some or all packages is not sent at all, which means not trackable by reference until it arrives (even if trackable by actual tracking number received from Woot). The actual tracking information (if you have tracking e-mail sent to you or it shows up on your order page) gets updated as the package is actually scanned at FedEx location. Provided that Woot ships them by truckload, it may not be instant at all, nor they will appear all at once. Sometimes it's not 'til the next day when you see it live, even if there are others that got scanned early in the game. Remember, if colonelcrap said that all packages are out - they are. It may take some time for them to go live, a day or two between first reported trackable package until the last one shows up in a system is not unusual...

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to): http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

3. Don't get too excited. For the first few days most people will probably have some sort of cubed dimensions. This is because in the beginning the dimensions are not real. They are guesstimated by FedEx based on weight (which may or may not be accurate). Here's the famous formula for you to check:

SIDE = ( 330 * WEIGHT ) ^ (1/3)
(side in inches, weight in lbs)

If it matches your dimensions to a few tenths of an inch - you know they are not real. That's for smaller packages. Those over 15lbs would always have the "dimensions" of a 15lbs package (or was it 16)... Again not real...

4. Once your package passed a sorting station - the updated weight and real dimensions may show up. Usually that's the first or second stop it makes after Dallas. In my case (North-East) in either Martinsburg, WV or at Kansas City, KS (I am yet to understand the logic SmartPost uses in sending the packages one route or the other), for many others it's New Berlin, WI or another major SmartPost hub. In some cases actual weighting/measuring may not take place even at the SECOND hub... or ever...

5. USPS Handoff: Once the package is reported to have passed a city near you - start tracking it on http://www.usps.com/, because that's who's delivering it to your door, and once the package is handed over by FedEx, they will have more up to date information. Do make sure that you track by actual tracking number (it will show up if you got a hit with reference tracking), because USPS does not track by reference. A thing to note - when handed over to USPS, FedEx always says a standard "allow 2-3 for business days for delivery". This is a standard message, and if your USPS facility is efficient enough, you may get it delivered as soon as the day of handoff (if it happened early enough).

5.1. USPS is not delivering for a few days after supposed handoff. Compliments go to the budget cuts and staff shortage at your local post office, as per a post by snaped, who claims to know the situation first hand: the pallets of SmartPost packages are handled at the lowest priority, after all other mail has been processed. So if your post office is a bit short on staff or overwhelmed with other mail (holiday seasons especially) it may well sit unsorted for a few days, after which their status is raised to priority and they finally get sorted and delivered. In my personal experience, I've seen them delivered the same day or as much as a full week late (that happened with non-woot package I was expecting around Christmas).

Good luck to all waiting for their hauls, and let the Woot Gods bless you with some amazing crаps!

dexterslab32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dexterslab32

I'm all excited, this be my first woot ever! I got lucky sometime in the mid-afternoon with the last barrel of crops posting for the day. The server seemed to be in a good mood or something because I was able to get in and checked out without an issue, unlike previous attempts earlier in the day.

As for my parcel....

1lb
6.93 in. x 6.93 in. x 6.93 in.
Headed to sunny southern California by 4/3/2012

cakirch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakirch

My first Barrel of Crops after 6 years! I doubt the crap is worth the anticipation but they DID warn me! I'm looking for a 9.2lb carton (sized 16 x 12.2 x 10.8) to arrive on 4/4 to Akron Ohio

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

My Bunnies Ogling Carrots excitement has begun again as I have received my it has been shipped email.

Still only placeholder info but *flail*

I'm sure my excitement will be destroyed when I actually get is.

pleiadianjen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pleiadianjen

A year ago I lived in Dallas. Is it bad that I'm regretting the move to near Chicago just because of this?

Still no email with the tracking info, Fedex still showing my 1 lb placeholder waiting to be shipped. I am waiting patiently and anxiously woot gods :D

Ringwraith1of9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ringwraith1of9
credmann15 wrote:wow i feel bad for you guys i am looking at the ETA's of delivery... mine is 3/31/2012 only thing is i live an hour outside of dallas,texas lol.

Hmmmm,I live in Arlington and I show 4/2/12.That puts me about 20 minutes outside Dallas and it takes longer to get mail,why am I not surprised,lol.Maybe we got more of the eternal road construction than you and it slows 'em down,lol.
What city you hail from?Maybe we can trade crap if we see the other got something we need?

Ringwraith1of9

Jertyrael wrote:Ya need to find the post my LEM (or one of the copies of his post) that tells you about getting the dimensions. You have to make an account with Fedex and apply the tracking number to the account to get some generic dimensions.

Thanks for showing me that.Man I must not be firing on all cylinders,I found LEM's post right away,took me til now to spot the,"Upgrade to the NEW MY FEDEX,in big,bold text at the top of the page.
So it's 6.3lbs and 16.2 x12.2 x10.6 in. So not a new pickem-up truck,but you'd think it was as anxious as I am to get my hands on that package(1st time crap recipient,,ya'll were like that too,,,,right?)
Thanks for the info again.

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007

I am still at the placeholder weight. Hoping to see a nice update later today.

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
Anorion wrote:Would you mind sharing the blank (without the numbers) version? It's awesome.

Thank you, but I like having mine distinctive to me. Be creative, screen grab bits and pieces from the various Woot! pages and create your own!

timdthomas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timdthomas

I'm hoping for a refurbished Android tablet that is missing a manual and has a small scratch on the screen.

But I'm more than likely to get a "My Pretty Pony" that is missing a foot, a small leather case used for an unknown purpose, an XS shirt that says "I'm Horny for Unicorns", a hat that has only a couple lice in it from the previous wooter, and a roll of reusable body bags.

No weight or dimensions yet, just the place holders. Seems all my other crap I was always in the last batch shipped.

bussy77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bussy77

I still have the 1lb Guess mine hasn't been shipped out yet.

adamchatfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamchatfield
timdthomas wrote:I'm hoping for a refurbished Android tablet that is missing a manual and has a small scratch on the screen.

But I'm more than likely to get a "My Pretty Pony" that is missing a foot, a small leather case used for an unknown purpose, an XS shirt that says "I'm Horny for Unicorns", a hat that has only a couple lice in it from the previous wooter, and a roll of reusable body bags.

No weight or dimensions yet, just the place holders. Seems all my other crap I was always in the last batch shipped.

*My Little Pony

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

Got the shipping notice from Woot! overnight, but Fedex still has the placeholder 1 lb.

It takes a lot of letters to make 1 lb!

skolasbn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skolasbn

Got my tracking info!

6,2 lbs, 16 in. x 12.5 in. x 10.6 in.

Estimated delivery of 4/4/12

w00t!

bodsford

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bodsford

5.8 lbs with an April 4 expected delivery... I would get the dimensions but FedEx doesn't play nice with iPads... :-(

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm

Yay!!!!!

5.8 lbs at 16x12.2x10.6 in.

tscouton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tscouton

1lb

micht1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micht1986

5.3 lbs @ 16.2 in. x 12.5 in. x 10.4 in.

BladeBeam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BladeBeam
CEQuick75 wrote:Crapola #1 on the way!
1.0lb
6.93x6.93x6.93

Probably the keys to a brand new car. [sets hopes unobtainably high]

Mine just left the FedEx facility with those same stats (the same ones it had when it got there). Good thing or bad thing, that is the question.

Come on Colonel! Show me The Letter!

02/19/09 - Bandolier of Carrots x 3
02/19/09 - Screaming Monkey and Woot-Off Lights
04/01/09 - Box Of Cats x 3
2/25/10 - Bag of Chandoliers

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion

Still nothing on the shipping but a placeholder. I better be getting something especially crappy for all this waiting...

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

adamchatfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamchatfield
Anorion wrote:Still nothing on the shipping but a placeholder. I better be getting something especially crappy for all this waiting...

Same here.

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

Shipping label created the 27th.. still not shipped yet. Sad face. Oh well, 1lb placeholder. Lets see a 20lb + a note :D

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

6.4 lbs/2.9 kg

I'll get dimensions when I remember my fedex login.

Anorion

drgandalf wrote:Thank you, but I like having mine distinctive to me. Be creative, screen grab bits and pieces from the various Woot! pages and create your own!

Hey, no problem~ at least I asked and didlt just rip it off, right?

Ringwraith1of9

WOW! Fedex already dropped at my USPS site and my crap is out for delivery already!Fedex said was supposed to be here Monday but I guess being close has its advantages.I take it the Woot warehouse is in Carrolton Tx and I'm in Arlington Tx. so just up the road apiece.Will report contents when I get it,which can be anywhere from an hour from now to 7:00pm depending on who the carrier is today.

pippenz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pippenz

Barrage of Carrots incoming:

1lb

Delivery 04/05/12

Hopefully that is wrong!

Anorion

Ringwraith1of9 wrote:WOW! Fedex already dropped at my USPS site and my crap is out for delivery already!Fedex said was supposed to be here Monday but I guess being close has its advantages.I take it the Woot warehouse is in Carrolton Tx and I'm in Arlington Tx. so just up the road apiece.Will report contents when I get it,which can be anywhere from an hour from now to 7:00pm depending on who the carrier is today.

I hate you so much right now. I'm in Arlington, too, and mine hasn't even left the warehouse yet.

*sadcat*

Ringwraith1of9

Anorion wrote:I hate you so much right now. I'm in Arlington, too, and mine hasn't even left the warehouse yet.

*sadcat*

Dont hate the messenger,lol.Think positive,maybe it's so big they gotta ship it differently.Lotta Texas folks seem to have gotten these for as few as they sell.
Mine's going thru the Melear post office and as much as they mess up my mail,,could be a week or more before I actually get it lol.

unix12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unix12

16.2 x 17.2 x 10.6

8.6 lbs

ETA 04/05

lizbeth374

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizbeth374

mine just has the placeholder of 1lb with no dimensions..

4/1/13, 3/22/12, 5/11/11, 4/1/11, 8/20/10, 3/26/10, 5/15/09

moeki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moeki

First Barrel of Crops in over 3 years, hoping to get a Talking Dr phil to go with my Dr laura doll! and while theyre at it maybe throw in a few apples

Anorion

Just got an email with my tracking number. No change other than that.

LinuxTrance

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LinuxTrance

Just got an email w/ tracking info, but still at 1lb weight. Waiting for the actual weight....*kicks woot*

Himoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Himoe

Yup, got my email confirmation that our family's Bunnies Ogling Carrots has been shipped, but no change in the Fedex description.

What a tease.

Kids got bored of watching the constant refreshes after about the first day. LOL.