makphisto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makphisto

Got my first ever Bunnies Ogling Carrots yay!

Well parents are the same no matter time nor place / So to you other kids all across the land / Take it from me / Parents just don't understand

Liss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Liss

Seems like a solid deal and seems to get good reviews if you're in the market for 5.1.

Amazon sells for $189 new, or you can get an open box for $165.

So for around the same price as an open box, you can get a brand-spanking new one shipped.

Mandinka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mandinka

As soon as I saw the box of critters come up I hit want one...refreshed to this overpriced receiver. Come on Woot, throw us a bone.

yubamatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yubamatt

Denon is excellent in the power supply area. They can deliver the output required for the dynamic response required by the digital format.

teedo757

quality posts: 5 Private Messages teedo757
knaegeli wrote:Yes, that was a Bunnies Ogling Carrots but only 300 were sold. I'm calling shenanigans on this and betting on 8-9 more offerings of 300 Bunnies Ogling Carrots through the day.

The only problem is that someone who won before could order another Bunnies Ogling Carrots if it comes up later.

derrrface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages derrrface

damnit.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
thestickyb wrote:Stupid credit card security code was all that stood between me and my Barrel of Crops!

well, why not just write it down here --->

so you'll know where to look next time?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

clay0miller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clay0miller
debthom wrote:If only I had realized sooner that I wasn't signed in on my phone! Actually, that probably wouldn't have changed anything... Oh, well. Congrats to those that got it, better luck next time to those of us that didn't. Also, I totally called it! "Takin' a breather" meant "we'll restart the Woot-Off later"!

Oops, just realized my Mom was logged on to this computer... That post was supposed to be from this account.

Charlie2020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Charlie2020

Bought one the last time it was on. Really great. I am very satisfied with it.

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

Lesson learned woot...never go to the gym. Miss Bunnies Ogling Carrots

horseonthefly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horseonthefly
thestickyb wrote:Stupid credit card security code was all that stood between me and my Barrel of Crops!

Ditto, Won't make that mistake again...

For the item at hand, $25 off Amazon's price. Decent reviews, not a bad deal for someone looking for a HD receiver...

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-1312-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B004U403S6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332427816&sr=8-1

Product Page:
http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatId=AVReceivers(DenonNA)&PId=AVR1312(DenonNA)

nickstewartroc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickstewartroc

Got one of these for my girl at Bestbuy about a year ago, open box for 99! It's a great stereo! Wish they would have had two...

You know what sucks? Vacuums

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
teedo757 wrote:The only problem is that someone who won before could order another Bunnies Ogling Carrots if it comes up later.

Good point... BTW the staff guy (girl?) posted in the Bunnies Ogling Carrots comments that there will indeed be more...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

theworldisinsane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theworldisinsane

Only $25 cheaper than Amazon (after shipping) and mixed reviews for sure.

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-1312-Channel-Theater-Receiver/product-reviews/B004U403S6/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

designlucas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages designlucas

I just bought this last time it was on Woot. It's AMAZING!! Sounds great!!

EAGLESW00T

quality posts: 2 Private Messages EAGLESW00T
sylviaoliver wrote:how do you even get a Bunnies Ogling Carrots I clicked the second It came up and my screen went blank and nothing came up tile this deal...it makes me think its impossible...

Same.

No wonder I never get one. F5ed, and they were gone within 10 seconds.

Saw it come up, hit the magic button, and white screen.

F5 again, and sold out.

No bunnies for me yet again. For the umpteenth time.

badsign

quality posts: 1 Private Messages badsign
derrrface wrote:damnit.

Oh My Fruitful Garden amazing.

dbock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbock

I got this on the last woot. I have a higher end Denon in my home theater and love it. 1912. I got this solely to provide music and TV to my outdoor Pool and cabana area. Works perfect since I don't need all the higher end functionality. Plus for 159 if it dies or gets wet I won't cry as if I spent $500 on a better one. If you don't need network capability or 7.1 it isn't bad for this price.

darthzep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthzep

I really liked the time travel functionality woot had with the tron mouse/tablet earlier. we can has that moar, pls? :D

methane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages methane

Too bad no component input. No Wii love.

designlucas

dbock wrote:I got this on the last woot. I have a higher end Denon in my home theater and love it. 1912. I got this solely to provide music and TV to my outdoor Pool and cabana area. Works perfect since I don't need all the higher end functionality. Plus for 159 if it dies or gets wet I won't cry as if I spent $500 on a better one. If you don't need network capability or 7.1 it isn't bad for this price.

Mitt Romney? Is that you?

ufffdah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ufffdah

Great receiver, has optical input to hook up to your Imac. I regrettably paid 90 dollars more about 2 months ago. With Audessey (sp) room setup, this is a slick amp.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" -Darwin

snydersteven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snydersteven

need new receiver - must have 220V!

seanlange

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seanlange

woohoo got another bandolier of carrots!!!

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
designlucas wrote:Mitt Romney? Is that you?

Everybody has a cabana on the interwebz!!!

indytycoon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages indytycoon

People still use these?

Mandinka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mandinka

weed killer !!!

Ok powers that be, put these back in inventory and move on please.

shaunsi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaunsi

I got the same model reciever about a year ago with a new surround sound system. I had to replace the receiver a couple times along with the blue ray player, and tv. It has worked very well since I got everything in the system straight and working components. I would recommend this receiver and it has worked flawlessly for me ever since.

designlucas

indytycoon wrote:People still use these?

If you want Home Theater I don't know an alternative. Enlighten us!

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61
crickee wrote:Oh My Fruitful Garden I didnt think I got the Bunnies Ogling Carrots cause after pressing those two gold buttons I got a blank screen but then I checked my email and there it was!
"Your order for 1 Barrel of Crops has been received by Woot on 3/22/2012"

So excited!!

*edit* This is my first Bunnies Ogling Carrots so no hating on me please and thank you

Congrads on your first,its a nice feeling,its like your fist child,but less expenive,LOL

fcallahan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fcallahan

Needed a cheapy to consolidate HDMI's - decent price and Denon is a good name ... in for 1

bicyclista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bicyclista

Only negative I see for this receiver is that its version of room correction, Audyssey 2EQ, does not correct for the bass, where it is needed the most. Room correction is the best thing that has happened to audio since stereo. I recommended to my friends that they move up to the Denon AVR-1612 ($249 at Amazon and other on-line retailers, currently) which has full-frequency room correction. It is well-worth the extra money.

indytycoon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages indytycoon
designlucas wrote:If you want Home Theater I don't know an alternative. Enlighten us!

I use a PC, with BluRay, DVD, FM tuner all built in. It's what works for me.

eldiablohijo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages eldiablohijo

ljygiuy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ljygiuy
methane wrote:Too bad no component input. No Wii love.

Monoprice is your friend (for $38.25)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&p_id=5971

weemdog

quality posts: 8 Private Messages weemdog
mjennwoot wrote:Am I correct that this receiver does not have phono inputs? Where's the love for the vinyl guys?

From the pictures, it appears to have 3 sets of standard RCA inputs for audio, so you should be able to use one of those inputs to spin your wax. Assuming your record player has standard RCA jacks on it...

FezMonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages FezMonkey

No phono input = no sale.

Yeah, I know, just spend the extra $75 or so for a preamp.

Feh, I say. FEH! Phono ought to remain part of a receiver's repertoire.

As Johnny Rotten once famously said, "Ever get the feeling you're being cheated?"

sstump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstump

Why do they always have WootOff's when I'm broke?

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1
knaegeli wrote:Yes, that was a Bunnies Ogling Carrots but only 300 were sold. I'm calling shenanigans on this and betting on 8-9 more offerings of 300 Bunnies Ogling Carrots through the day.

So the same group of 300 folks will get another 4 chances?

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com