Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
daniellemiree77 wrote:It's funny that people care this much about what others spend their money on. Everyone that shops Woot! knows what time they put up new deals. If it sells out usually they will have it on a Woot Off! and continue selling it at random times for the next 6 months or so until everyone starts complaining about it being "this again!". I didnt buy one but I'm almost positive there will be other chances of getting one at this price. I think everyone that wants one today will get their chance in the future months.

I don't care what other people spend their money on. My point was that it "appeared" as if some people were breaking the 3-limit rule by using other accounts to snag more products. Sort of like the ones who use three different computers to get three bags of crud during a Woot-off, using three different accounts. Yes, some things are repetitive on Woot. Yes, these might make it back on. Yes, I have more important things to worry about other than stinkin' band-aids. I was just throwing my opinion out there...which I tend to do on occasion. Sorry about that.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

At work, I am famolus for finding useful second-hand tech stuff that we can actually use. In our first-aid kits are these bandaide things for eye injuries called, "Eye-Pads." I got one friend there very happy when I told her I found and Eye Pad for her. Of course, when spoken....well, you know the rest.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
radi0j0hn wrote:At work, I am famolus for finding useful second-hand tech stuff that we can actually use. In our first-aid kits are these bandaide things for eye injuries called, "Eye-Pads." I got one friend there very happy when I told her I found and Eye Pad for her. Of course, when spoken....well, you know the rest.

So how's your eye healing up? ;)

I'm just hanging out, really.

JirafaBo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JirafaBo
rehta wrote:

That mostly happened in college...living in a dorm...tiny shower...bad lighting...nowhere to prop up my leg while shaving...

go on....

JohnnyDD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnnyDD

Don't worry about expiration dates. This is really a legal binding quote to get the company off the hook if it doesn't work, and for them to sell more product. It's been shown that pills, creams,etc. can go 3 to 8 years longer than the expiration date.

talbek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages talbek

I'm so glad I was in for 3 at 5:30am befor I left for this morning..almost makes up for not getting the Bunnies Ogling Carrots yesterday..

donna g simmona

sixline

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixline
jbbosco wrote:I think i'm going to develop a "Counter Bot" for all the Cheaters using Bots to get the Bags of Crap. Wouldn't they all be surprised at their bot failure when they all receive 1st Aid Kits instead of their Bags of Crap. To the legitimate Wooters that got the Bags of Crap WITHOUT cheating and using bots, I salute you. ;-)

I got one. I've never got a woot Bunnies Ogling Carrots before. I have done at a saltwater aquarium related vendor and got some great items so hoping woot is good as well.

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

I got up early and got one kit before leaving for work. Guess what the supervisors were passing out to all the employees today? That's right personal first aid kits! I guess I won't need to take one of the smaill kits at work after all. :-)

folsomfella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folsomfella

crap - sold out! But I'm bleeding now!

MSUandUGA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MSUandUGA

Woot-off...missed my Barrel of Crops.

imgja

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imgja

OKay, it's been sold out for a r e a l l y long time -- move on, woot, move on.

tresageorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tresageorge

Wish I had this at work today...cut my hand (almost stabbed it with scissors)...went around holding my hand up, looking for a band-aid...

dhpersonal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dhpersonal
imgja wrote:OKay, it's been sold out for a r e a l l y long time -- move on, woot, move on.

This isn't a "Woot Off", where new items are showcased as soon as the current item sells out: this is a normal day at Woot, where one item is sold per day. As the page title states: One Day, One Deal. This item will stay up in the "sold out" status until midnight tonight.

annrcks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annrcks

come on midnight... hurry up!

Skanning

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Skanning

hehe I was in for 3 around 3 am this morning. That's strictly because I go to bed around that time and always check WOOT before I go. On the other hand, I was screwed out of the WOOT-OFF because I'd checked it so early and never looked again. SOOOOOO - turnabout's fair play for those of us loyalists who check it early and missed the surprise that followed later. :-)

pawwa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pawwa

I can't believe these sold out! i wanted one so bad!!

queenofdoggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queenofdoggs

Please again, I just joined thinking I could get this and its sold out, I don't think that's fair.

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu

I was in for three.
so I guess I'm getting 6 packs. 3 big, 3 small.

it was a great deal and the kind of thing that makes a girl go woot!

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100
keriah wrote:Ah, yes, but then the sale would 'count' under THAT state's sales (lighten their state's image), yes? Or are you saying that Woot tallies a sale by the state of the cc used for the purchase rather than for the ship-to address of the sale?

My guess is that the BILLING address is tallied since that gives an accurate representation of the buyer. Where I send gift purchases, for example, has nothing to do with my characteristics. Tax is based on BILLING address and not destination, as far as I know.

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100
folsomfella wrote:crap - sold out! But I'm bleeding now!

That time of the month, huh? I feel for ya.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
skou wrote:■(12) Johnson & Johnson RED CROSS® Brand Gauze Pads (Seven 2-Packs) – 2” x 2”

Well, I went to Public school, but I did take Math. Seven 2 packs would be 14, not 12! (in the seventies it would!)

steve

Thunderthighs: Fixed! Thanks for pointing it out!

Thanks, Thighs. Nice to know someone is reading my drivel!

steve

keriah

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keriah
sdc100 wrote:My guess is that the BILLING address is tallied since that gives an accurate representation of the buyer. Where I send gift purchases, for example, has nothing to do with my characteristics. Tax is based on BILLING address and not destination, as far as I know.

If it works the way it does with Amazon, the tax is based on the SHIP TO (destination) address. For example, my purchase is by a credit card with a Hawaii billing address but when the ship-to is Washington state, sales tax is added at the WA rate.

gayane80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayane80
keriah wrote:If it works the way it does with Amazon, the tax is based on the SHIP TO (destination) address. For example, my purchase is by a credit card with a Hawaii billing address but when the ship-to is Washington state, sales tax is added at the WA rate.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Sweet! Just got a shipped message just now. :]

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

eatingjuice

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eatingjuice

Same here.

Now I don't have to use gum wrappers as bandaids anymore!

Thanks woot.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

First Aid Kit Bundle – 2 Pack has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

jse1988

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jse1988

Seems that these expire Sept 2012. Just got my box of 6 total kits and the johnson and johnson boxes say they expire at that time...Still a lot of useful material besides the creams. Happy with this woot deal.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Got mines a day early. Yup, Sept/12 expiration date but I think ThunderThighs mentioned that date counts towards the neosporin ointment.

Either way, great deal and I'm happy with it. :]

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

jasonking0351

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jasonking0351

Got mine a day early as well. Now I say "Bring on the Mayan calendar end of the world!!".

nikkipoooo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nikkipoooo

Got mine today... a few differences from the description:

-They do not have 9 cleansing wipes. They only have 5
-They do not have 12 gauze dressings, they only have 10 (5 2-packs)
-The 30-pc variety pack of band-aids has been replaced with a 30-pc pack of water blockers band-aids (which I'd call an improvement)
-The kits contain a single dose of Extra strength Tylenol (exp. 6/14), a single dose of Motrin (exp. 7/13), and a single dose of Immodium (exp. 10/12)

Now, the single dose packs each have 2 pills, which I'm guessing is how they make up for the missing wet wipes and gauze pads.

Overall, it's still a great deal, but the product does have a few significant differences from the description.

qarin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages qarin
nikkipoooo wrote:Got mine today... a few differences from the description:

Interesting! Mine have the listed items (9 wipes, 12 gauze, etc), and no medicines.

recpec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recpec

Got mine today and it was as described by Woot. Neosporin expires in September so I guess I better start falling off my bike more often. Either way, expired Neosporin isn't bad for you, it just isn't as effective.

Mary (party girl): excuse me, but i would like to purchase a powerful mind altering substance--preferably something that will make my unborn children grow gills.

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

Received today, just as described, no meds in mine, excellent deal, thanks again woot! And my kids are going nuts over this, having fun exploring all the stuff, and reading through the first aid booklet!

phreich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreich

Beware -- the 4 kits I got were almost expired -- less than 6 months before the contents would have to be replaced -- basically a pretty worthless product, and possibly dangerous if the purchaser doesn't recognize when the kits expire....

Have emailed the woot folks about this -- I hope that this was an oversight on their part. I assume it was.

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

Got my 6 yesterday. All 6 plastic boxes were broken. I will have to go to the $ store and replace. Too bad.

waywyrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waywyrd

Got my four yesterday also - very pleased! Had everything it was supposed to, and the little containers will be handy for other uses when emptied. Excellent Woot!

ThorsHammer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ThorsHammer
phreich wrote:Beware -- the 4 kits I got were almost expired -- less than 6 months before the contents would have to be replaced -- basically a pretty worthless product, and possibly dangerous if the purchaser doesn't recognize when the kits expire....

Have emailed the woot folks about this -- I hope that this was an oversight on their part. I assume it was.

All of my 6 were expired in Sept 2011, which included the coupons. They expired in Dec. Deal said..NEW!!!

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

-They do not have 9 cleansing wipes. They only have 5
-They do not have 12 gauze dressings, they only have 10 (5 2-packs)
-The 30-pc variety pack of band-aids has been replaced with a 30-pc pack of water blockers band-aids (which I'd call an improvement)
-The kits contain a single dose of Extra strength Tylenol (exp. 6/14), a single dose of Motrin (exp. 7/13), and a single dose of Immodium (exp. 10/12)

Now, the single dose packs each have 2 pills, which I'm guessing is how they make up for the missing wet wipes and gauze pads.

Overall, it's still a great deal, but the product does have a few significant differences from the description.

I had two kits that matched the above description (my "variety" bandaids were the flexible fabric ones, however, which I prefer for certain areas) and two that matched the woot description as well. They both had the same bar code.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

venom4hire

quality posts: 11 Private Messages venom4hire
venom4hire wrote:Does anyone have the 411 on if these kits are latex free or not??

If fact they are NOT latex free! Although they are still just as much fun to try to stick to the wife (she is allergic)and see if she notices!

But they are not latex free. (Yes I know this is to late but at least the next time someone asked you if they are you will be able to say "Hey I know the answer to that.")

Do I want an extended warranty? Why, I'm just going to void it anyway.

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn

Let me chime in to say that I'm impressed with these kits & I'd recommend them if they turn up during a Woot-off or another day's Woot. Just having all of this stuff together in an easy-to-find container is terrific, & I know I couldn't buy even just the bandaids at the Woot price. Now that I have a first aid kit or two, I finally feel at 63 like I'm a grownup.