WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: About how much time do you spend in the shower?
  • 17.1% - 5 minutes 355
  • 51% - 10-15 minutes 1059
  • 17.3% - 15-30 minutes 360
  • 8% - until the hot water runs out 165
  • 6% - until the stink of failure washes away 125
  • 0.5% - other (specify in the comments) 11
2075 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

josephraa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages josephraa

Herbal in the shower for another half an hour!

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight

I remember when I was asked what I could possibly be doing in the shower for 30 minutes. My answer went a little something like this: five minutes to actually wash, and the other 25 minutes to fathom upon the meaning of life.

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

Anorion

quality posts: 35 Private Messages Anorion

Because the hot water only lasts 15 minutes.

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

killher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killher

You forgot the option "5-10 minutes" which is where I fall. I selected 5 as it's usually closer to that unless I'm shaving in the shower.

DruKe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DruKe
killher wrote:You forgot the option "5-10 minutes" which is where I fall. I selected 5 as it's usually closer to that unless I'm shaving in the shower.

I was thinking the same thing.. what if someone spent 7 minutes in the shower.

lparsons42

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lparsons42

The goal of
*until the stink of failure washes away*
is a good idea. Unfortunately I shower in the morning and then go to work, where the stink is re-applied. Maybe I need to start showering the evening instead...

chaospearl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chaospearl

It depends whether I'm showering for the purpose of being clean, or the purpose of relaxing stiff joints under the hot water. And whether or not I have to wash and comb out asslength hair. Typically I guess my showers last exactly however long I have until taking longer would result in being late for something, which could be any one of the options.

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910
chaospearl wrote:It depends whether I'm showering for the purpose of being clean, or the purpose of relaxing stiff joints under the hot water. And whether or not I have to wash and comb out asslength hair. Typically I guess my showers last exactly however long I have until taking longer would result in being late for something, which could be any one of the options.

I totally agree--If I am showering say before work in the morning than most likely its 10-15 min--if i have nowhere to be and just want to relax in the hot water, could last 30 plus min

celestehd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celestehd

10-15 minutes is the majority? No wonder there is no water.. I am generally good for 2 minutes. The water shortage isnt getting any better!

josephraa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages josephraa
celestehd wrote:10-15 minutes is the majority? No wonder there is no water.. I am generally good for 2 minutes. The water shortage isnt getting any better!

That's why nobody wants to sit next to you at lunch.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I'm usually right around 7-8 mins, but there was no selection for 5-10mins. So I picked 5.

Girls tend to take a little longer. They say it's because of their hair, but I don't see how it takes an extra 5 minutes to wash their hair over mine.

melonbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melonbone

I'm a ten-minute kind of girl unless work have been hard. Then it's not the stink of failure that I need to wash off, but the reek of fear. And, hopefully the aura of triumph. People hate when you strut around smelling of triumph...

melonbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melonbone
firebirdude wrote:I'm usually right around 7-8 mins, but there was no selection for 5-10mins. So I picked 5.

Girls tend to take a little longer. They say it's because of their hair, but I don't see how it takes an extra 5 minutes to wash their hair over mine.

We have to shave our legs. Without slicing and/or dicing.

bigjohn756

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjohn756

Shower? What shower?

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

It depends on if I'm alone or not. The more people in the shower with me, the longer it takes.

stretchtiberius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stretchtiberius

I would be in the 5-10 minutes region, which is not an option.

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

I usually spend as little time as possible. MAX 5 minutes. Now, if someone else was paying for the hot water, I would take very long showers, especially in the winter.
It's an economics thing (read "cheap b@stard")

w3kn

quality posts: 8 Private Messages w3kn

Normally around 5 minutes. Sometimes longer depending on how dirty I am and how awake I am.

79 woots and counting!

kimberly4woot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberly4woot
melonbone wrote:We have to shave our legs. Without slicing and/or dicing.

I don't have to shave mine anymore. When I was in my early 20's, I did Electrology (commonly called Electrolysis) for what little was on my legs and my underarms. I had both Laser Electrology and "standard" Electrology using a needle-like probe.

Laser Electrology does work to get the majority of the dark hair removed (I made two laser passes on my underarms where the hair was dark). However, when the hair grows back much thinner and lighter, you must clean it up with the needle probe and use Thermolysis or Galvanic/Thermolysis blend.

The blend method, in my opinion, seems to do a better job killing the unwanted hair follicles.

connorbush

quality posts: 2 Private Messages connorbush

5:01-9:59

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev

About 5 minutes... because that's how much hot water my wife leaves me with in the morning.

smaug4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smaug4

Until my skin is sooo wrinkled I look like my Grandmother... And (Here Comes The Huzz) I'm not female... {;->

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, 'cuz, you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup and fries" So sayeth Smaug, the 'Red Dragon' ©pjs {;->

lifevirusx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lifevirusx

amandasaurus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amandasaurus
firebirdude wrote:I'm usually right around 7-8 mins, but there was no selection for 5-10mins. So I picked 5.

Getting *all* the shampoo (both times) and conditioner out of long, thick hair can be quite a time-suck.

pmcizhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmcizhere

If I'm really in a hurry (a very rare instance), I can take sub-five-minute showers. But my standard is 10-15 minutes. They're my coffee, and wake me up pretty well.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

yduras

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yduras
amandasaurus wrote:Getting *all* the shampoo (both times) and conditioner out of long, thick hair can be quite a time-suck.

Unless you're using a lot of product, you can generally get away with only applying soap to the scalp and only applying conditioner to the rest of the hair. That can rinse a little faster. Though is true that the approx. two feet of hair I have now takes less time than the three point something feet of hair I used to have.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

7 minutes to wash, another 15 to gather up the courage to step out into the cold air.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

DanielHBroadbent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanielHBroadbent
melonbone wrote:I'm a ten-minute kind of girl unless work have been hard. Then it's not the stink of failure that I need to wash off, but the reek of fear. And, hopefully the aura of triumph. People hate when you strut around smelling of triumph...

Success is the most potent aphrodisiac. Triumph has the lingering acrid smell of arrogance.

michelleleaphillips

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michelleleaphillips
yduras wrote:Unless you're using a lot of product, you can generally get away with only applying soap to the scalp and only applying conditioner to the rest of the hair. That can rinse a little faster. Though is true that the approx. two feet of hair I have now takes less time than the three point something feet of hair I used to have.

Wow, I could never do that! I'm a chick with long hair, but I actually wash pollen out of my hair, on top of soot from work/welding =\ Showering usually takes longer on welding days, but I turn the water off to shave so, ya know... 5-7 minutes?

cwbsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwbsmith

10-15 mins, but I shower twice a week.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain

Well, the shampoo bottle does say "Wash, rinse, repeat. Some people tell me it doesn't mean to continue until the bottle is empty, but that's just crazy talk.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
firebirdude wrote:Girls tend to take a little longer. They say it's because of their hair, but I don't see how it takes an extra 5 minutes to wash their hair over mine.

Do you condition your hair? Do you use a separate face wash from body wash? Do you shave: both legs from ankle to mid thigh, armpits, and bikini area? That's where my extra 10 minutes goes =)

I said 15-30 but am usually around 15. I spend 20 minutes at most, and can cut it down to 10 if I'm really in a hurry (by not shaving and rushing with everything else).