yojoe2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yojoe2003
regentswift wrote:I got one of these from woot a few months ago and I love it.

I have a rabbit who I'm mildly allergic to, and my Dyson has really helped cut down on my allergies. It works really well on pet hair, even really fine pet hair. Also, it's the only vacuum I've found that can handle timothy hay.

Well worth the price.

I don't understand, did you suck up the rabbit into the vacuum?

neal1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neal1

This is the worst vaccuum cleaner I have bought. Don't buy. Even though it has great suction, the spinning bristles don't go deep into the floor. Just captures stuff off the top. The magic wand sucks. This is the worst feature of the product. It doesn't bend for easy cleaning once detached. It's even harder on stairs. The only great feature is the long cord. Makes plugging in for distance a dream. Buy a Bissell for the same amount and get a better product. I biught 2 of these Dysons and only wish I could get a refund. Maybe after I hit the Mega Millions I can buy out Dyson and save everyone the agony.

brettski69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brettski69

All the complaints and negative comments about the wand reminds me of my old girlfriend.

neal1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neal1
jjness wrote:It says a max reach of 51 ft. Does this mean the wand extends and stretches 16 feet (with the 35' cord)?

How is the wand/handle for you tall owners out there? I'm 6'4" and I hate having to hunch over to use a vacuum.

The wand goes out about 9 feet max. The rest is wonderful cord for more distance. Overall the product sucks.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass
triggerhorse wrote:Not ALL "On line retailers" charge tax in WA. ie Newegg, Buy.com, Onesaleaday etc. etc.

They don't have a presence in WA. Online retailers charge tax in state X if they have a physical presence in the state. Woot, being part of Amazon, now has presence in WA and therefore, is required to charge sales tax. Newegg, for example doesn't have presence in WA so won't charge sales tax.

toneloc1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toneloc1

I for the life of me cannot understand why their are so many Dyson haters. I have had every brand out there and it was always the same eventuality - works great for a week or two than loses all suction power. I literally have three vacuums in my garage that I used for less than one year and are now ready for the dump heap. I admit, Dysons are expensive but you get what you pay for. These refurbs are in near mint condition and work like a charm. My wife was not a believer until I showed her what I collected vacuuming just a small portion of our carpet. This vacuum consistently suctions everything you can throw at it. I highly recommend it! Dysons just suck!

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron
vballprincess859 wrote:Like I said earlier, the wand can be detached. However, if you are looking for other complaints, this vacuum is not self-propelling (at least mine isn't), so you actually have to push it. It works well coming back to you (so you don't have to "pull" it much), but the first time I used it, my lower back was hurting a bit.

I've now learned how to "push" it without straining anything, so I like it now

they make self propelled vacuums?

Quality post? Me??

dkowis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dkowis

What's the difference between a DC14 and a DC33. We bought a refurb DC14 in the past and it's worked wonderfully.

Why should I get a refub DC33 ?

vballprincess859

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vballprincess859

iissurf

quality posts: 25 Private Messages iissurf

I bought this the last time it was on home.woot. I don't see any step-up in suction power from the main vacuum head from my old vacuum, but I definitely see a difference in the suction power from the hose.

That coupled with the bare floor switch, to turn the brush bar off, made this a worthwhile replacement for me.

Of course, if all things were the same, I'd still prefer the Dyson because of the "no touch" emptying feature - which has been my biggest complaint of any canister vacuum. I love being able to simply press a button to empty and not have to worry about dust and dirt getting everywhere!

GumboLSU

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GumboLSU

So sad to see that woot! is no longer. I will be leaving dyson.woot.com for good. Lets hope that Amazon gets the message. = (

rhysmorris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhysmorris

I have a rabbit who I'm mildly allergic to, and my Dyson has really helped cut down on my allergies. It works really well on pet hair, even really fine pet hair. Also, it's the only vacuum I've found that can handle timothy hay.

Well worth the price.

have you tried using the Dyson on the rabbit? i am curious to know if it is animal safe

F0rSaken

quality posts: 4 Private Messages F0rSaken
triggerhorse wrote:Not ALL "On line retailers" charge tax in WA. ie Newegg, Buy.com, Onesaleaday etc. etc.

Charging tax is based on Nexus. If you have 'Nexus' in a state, you collect (as a vendor) taxes and pay them. Some companies do have Nexus in a certain state and some do not. Therefore some vendors do charge you tax and some do not.

Little known fact: It is true that if you make a purchase and you are not charged tax, YOU are supposed to still pay the tax to your state. But since this ia a very vague and untracable situation, no one will go after you. Technically, on virtually all products, tax needs to be paid. If you are not charged, you are 'supposed' to pay your state instead. But let's not get too technical

--
'Signature lines are nothing more then wasted space... Just like this one'

F0rSaken

quality posts: 4 Private Messages F0rSaken
biggoron wrote:they make self propelled vacuums?

ALl Kirby's I believe are self propelled. I bought one about 15 years ago (Genetarion 5 I believe?). For $1000 I loved it!

--
'Signature lines are nothing more then wasted space... Just like this one'

GeorgiaPeachiePie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GeorgiaPeachiePie

Well worth the price.

Good to know. We have 2 house rabbits...I just may buy this now..

I love a good WOOT!

cbfitz06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbfitz06

Dont buy. I ordered one about 6 months ago and the thing came without the filter, which could not be sent separately. They dont check their refurbs too well, even though there was paper inside that said it was certified, and checked. how the heck can you check it without a filter?!

-Dog

wootifish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootifish

I have forgotten.

There is some joke about the fact that it sucks or something.

Can someone tell me that joke?

Jen

Havvk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Havvk

Price is hard to argue with since we were ready to spend $400 for one last week. Glad I waited...

disneyfreak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages disneyfreak
TheFaz wrote:The brushes spin, that's about it I suppose.

I vacuum out my Roomba all the time.....I think he likes it!

hpygrl78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpygrl78

I bought ours the last time they were on. I don't regret the decision a bit! Only that after the first use we didn't get one sooner and that it grossed us out how horribly our other vacuum was not working. It says refurbished and there is a few month warranty....never mind that! As soon as I got the package I registered it with Dyson and they warrantied it for 5 years! Thats longer than most marriages last. For $199, that is worth the price and the 5 year warranty by the manufacturer might as be a new vacuum. It sure looked like it!

jestes1111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jestes1111

can we get it in blue??

SuperTully

quality posts: 32 Private Messages SuperTully

Perfect timing as my other vacuum just bit the dust, and I got to use my $5 Woot coupon two days before it expired, you can't beat that!

NJT - Woot!

KidA0723

quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723

I love my dyson. Someone in my apartment complex threw one away. I got it having a feeling that nothing was really wrong with it. Turned out the only thing wrong with it was that the previous owner sucked up a 2 liter soda cap and it got stuck in one of the airways blocking the suckage. I cleared it out, bought a new brush bar on amazon for like $23 and presto! A dyson that works amazingly amazing!

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

hurlco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hurlco

refurbished...how sunshine on my shoulders. That's no deal

mrose5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrose5

Boy this is terribly exciting!

Will it be a vacuum cleaner?
A mini Skill tool set?
A wireless security system?
A pC PC laptop?

I don't know, but chances are if you're on Woot! it will be one of those 4.

Shall we rename this YawnWoot! ?

Creeper1313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313

http://sale.images.woot.com/HG11533C_LIFE01.jpg

He looks like he has none of his dignity left... not even a tiddly bit.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

I had one briefly, but it kept jamming due to the carpet in my house getting sucked into the beater bar. Although the carpet is wall-to-wall, it is old and a bit loose. I did try the sole plate adjustment, but it didn't help. I ended up returning it -- fortunately, I got it from Costco.

So who knows, one lucky Wooter may get my refurb.

RNLori

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RNLori

People must love Dyson's and still need them. I even caved and finally got one Despite the negative comments about the vac, I just noticed 22% of those buying joined Woot today, and for 31% it was their first purchase. Woot should have dressed up for all the newbies! Welcome to the strange and sometimes wonderful world of Woot!

tonymirr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonymirr

Did anyone mention yet that this thing sucks?

vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

Why is a man carrying the vacuum in the picture? Is the rest of this picture fake as well?

tracydr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tracydr
neal1 wrote:This is the worst vaccuum cleaner I have bought. Don't buy. Even though it has great suction, the spinning bristles don't go deep into the floor. Just captures stuff off the top. The magic wand sucks. This is the worst feature of the product. It doesn't bend for easy cleaning once detached. It's even harder on stairs. The only great feature is the long cord. Makes plugging in for distance a dream. Buy a Bissell for the same amount and get a better product. I biught 2 of these Dysons and only wish I could get a refund. Maybe after I hit the Mega Millions I can buy out Dyson and save everyone the agony.

for you: the wand comes off so you so you can put your attachments right on the flexible hose.....then it doesn't have to "BEND"!!! If you take the metal wand out of the "flexible" hose, there is button to detach.

tracydr

I own the DC33 (this one) and a RICCAR.

I went from being a Dyson hater to a Dyson lover once I received. However, I picked up a RICCAR (had never heard of it before) and it puts the Dyson to shame.

I now only use the dyson on my hard floors, but I find myself grabbing for the Riccar every single time.

Riccar - American made, stainless steal parts, 8 pounds, AMAZING!!

tracydr

KidA0723 wrote:I love my dyson. Someone in my apartment complex threw one away. I got it having a feeling that nothing was really wrong with it. Turned out the only thing wrong with it was that the previous owner sucked up a 2 liter soda cap and it got stuck in one of the airways blocking the suckage. I cleared it out, bought a new brush bar on amazon for like $23 and presto! A dyson that works amazingly amazing!

haha, I bought mine at a thrift store for 40 bucks. Same as you, I looked it all over and it all looked fine except it wasn't sucking. Some goofball had sucked up rusty nails that blocked the hose. An hours worth of cleaning and it was like a brand new machine. When I put the serial into the Dyson website, it was still under warranty!

Why wouldn't people just try to clean them instead of tossing them away? oh well, our gain.

richieu11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages richieu11

finally pulled the trigger...all day contemplating what to do...hope I made the right choice. am now part of the dyson family, hope this thing sucks!

w00tgurl

quality posts: 26 Private Messages w00tgurl

i can't wait for WOOT CLUE at 11pm Central tonight! last game ever...

Cat & Duck's Investigative Assistant
LONG LIVE WOOT CLUE 2012! r.i.p. you are miseed

woolyster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woolyster

[quote postid="4932580" user="pohlmacs"] i have never tried to reply to anything here so this may be heinous formatting, or linked to the wrong comment but... i was sitting here laughing til my stomach hurt. bravo!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It’s almost time for another round of Woot! Clue! to guess the next product up for sale.

CONGRATS TO dabills22!!!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vixro wrote:Why is a man carrying the vacuum in the picture? Is the rest of this picture fake as well?

It's called P♥RN for Women.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
hurlco wrote:refurbished...how sunshine on my shoulders. That's no deal

First post, eh? Here's the trick....most things sold on woot! are refurbs. If that's a problem, you may want to try amazon.com.

fmcwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fmcwoot
Andyman62 wrote:If you use a vacuum inside of a vacuum what happens?

That's genius, Andyman62, pure genius!!

Oh? Sorry, too late.