WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

NOTE: The second Match (Politics vs. Etiquette) has changed. Etiquette Seed #7 replaced Seed #5 as the rightful participant. If you voted on that match before the change, you should go back and vote again!

OMGOMGOMG! We are so close to the end of March Angriness! For the first time the regions intermingle! The religion of Dianetics will take on frustrating internet pricing structures, and close-minded deniers duke it out against inconsiderate coffee-drinking parents. Who will make it to the championship match? That is up to YOU!

Before you vote, just a few quick things to keep in mind:

• Remember, you don't want to vote for your favorite option; you want to vote for whatever makes you angrier.
  • BE SURE TO CLICK SUBMIT WHEN IT'S ALL FILLED OUT. IF YOU DON'T, YOUR VOTES WON'T COUNT!

Happy choosing!

UPDATE: THE RESULTS ARE IN! You can check out a summary of them in clunky-PDF form here.

VOTING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND WILL OPEN ON FRIDAY MARCH 30TH (PROBABLY BETWEEN NOON AND 1PM CENTRAL TIME) AND CLOSE SUNDAY, APRIL 1ST AT 11:59PM! WINNER ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY, APRIL 2ND!

Photo by flickr user, andrellv used under a Creative Commons License.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

No freaking contest on my choices. Seriously. But my picks have been upset before...

Atmosphere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atmosphere

Unless I'm reading something wrong, according to the results PDF on the Elite Eight post, Etiquette seed #7 ("Look, I didn't bring my four kids to this coffee shop because I wanted to supervise them, okay?") should be in the Final Four, having won 644 to 387.

decrepitude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages decrepitude

Beat me to it. I thought the winner advanced...except it wasn't the winner from the Elite Eight?

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
Atmosphere wrote:Unless I'm reading something wrong, according to the results PDF on the Elite Eight post, Etiquette seed #7 ("Look, I didn't bring my four kids to this coffee shop because I wanted to supervise them, okay?") should be in the Final Four, having won 644 to 387.

You guys are absolutely right... maybe the kids at the coffee shop were illegally recruited?

For real, we're gonna figure out how to handle this. We might keep the results for the other match but re-run that one.

dseanadams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dseanadams
decrepitude wrote:Beat me to it. I thought the winner advanced...except it wasn't the winner from the Elite Eight?

My apologies, you guys! The voting form has been fixed!

glibdud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages glibdud

I'm still baffled. Does Scientology actually make people angry, or are they just voting for it because "hehe scientology sucks".

dzeiger

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dzeiger
glibdud wrote:I'm still baffled. Does Scientology actually make people angry, or are they just voting for it because "hehe scientology sucks".

Eh, I was at least somewhat active in the usenet control groups back when the Church was actively forging cancel and rmgroup messages to try and censor their critics, that was certainly annoying (yes, I'm old). Mind you, the anti-Scientologists can also get on my nerves as well when they go into hysterics.

And it's up against "Oh no, I can't be bothered to read past the first line of a contract!" which is rather tepid as well.

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

So, seeing as March is about two days from over, I don't suppose there's any chance of getting this vote extended. Pretty please?

I voted before this was fixed and I would have REALLY liked to vote for unsupervised children in public. Seriously guys. Blood. Boiling.